Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Mass Effect] Operation Beachhead Next Weekend. Fun in the sun? MARK SPOILERS

19495969798100»

Posts

  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    -Tal wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Just finished my second run. It was a lot easier this time to ignore the stupid parts of the ending and just enjoy the parts that are good.
    Spoiler:

    It's less of a mystery than you think.
    Spoiler:

    Holy.

    Shit.

    They reused the same stock photo skybox AGAIN.

    BIOWAAAAAAARRRRREEEEEEEEEE

    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • lu tzelu tze Registered User
    edited April 2012
    That's... well spotted.

    Although given how lazy they were with the Tali photo, it could just be a reused skybox.

    Still, where about is it in relation to Sol?

    Edit: get out of my fucking head Klyka!

    lu tze on
    World's best janitor
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Just finished my second run. It was a lot easier this time to ignore the stupid parts of the ending and just enjoy the parts that are good.
    Spoiler:

    It's less of a mystery than you think.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Just finished my second run. It was a lot easier this time to ignore the stupid parts of the ending and just enjoy the parts that are good.
    Spoiler:

    It's less of a mystery than you think.
    Spoiler:

    Holy.

    Shit.

    They reused the same stock photo skybox AGAIN.

    BIOWAAAAAAARRRRREEEEEEEEEE

    Is there any part of the end that isn't lazily done?

  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Okay.

    Seriously.

    How do I use medigel in multiplayer? I die, and the word "spacebar" is flashing next to my death timer, I press it, and nothing happens.

    Dhal, I love you, never change.

    Also, as the man above me said: Keep pressing spacebar to slow down your bleeding out and Medigel is default on "7" in the power bar. If you have medigel, there should actually be a little prompt popping up saying "Press 7 to use medigel".

    I have like 40+ medigel because I've never used one. I have no prompt.

    Tube-san wrote:
    I apologise for my rudeness desu.
  • lu tzelu tze Registered User
    Sometimes the prompt takes a while to appear.

    World's best janitor
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    lu tze wrote: »
    Sometimes the prompt takes a while to appear.

    I've never seen anything other than spacebar flashing.

    Be nice if they told you what the spacebar does.

    Tube-san wrote:
    I apologise for my rudeness desu.
  • lu tzelu tze Registered User
    Be we know what the spacebar does already... fucking everything!

    Just at the wrong time.

    World's best janitor
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    lu tze wrote: »
    Sometimes the prompt takes a while to appear.

    I've never seen anything other than spacebar flashing.

    Be nice if they told you what the spacebar does.

    Do you have hints disabled?

    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    lu tze wrote: »
    Sometimes the prompt takes a while to appear.

    I've never seen anything other than spacebar flashing.

    Be nice if they told you what the spacebar does.

    Do you have hints disabled?

    I think I disabled them for singleplayer.

    Also my spacebar doesn't do anything in normal gameplay

    I have the Use/Cover/Sprint rebound to E and Shift - Shift for Sprint and Cover and E for Use, like any proper FPS that isn't designed by retards.

    Tube-san wrote:
    I apologise for my rudeness desu.
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    lu tze wrote: »
    Sometimes the prompt takes a while to appear.

    I've never seen anything other than spacebar flashing.

    Be nice if they told you what the spacebar does.

    Do you have hints disabled?

    I think I disabled them for singleplayer.

    Also my spacebar doesn't do anything in normal gameplay

    I have the Use/Cover/Sprint rebound to E and Shift - Shift for Sprint and Cover and E for Use, like any proper FPS that isn't designed by retards.

    Did you do this via changing the files?
    I think I read somewhere that you can get banned for that.

    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Klyka wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    lu tze wrote: »
    Sometimes the prompt takes a while to appear.

    I've never seen anything other than spacebar flashing.

    Be nice if they told you what the spacebar does.

    Do you have hints disabled?

    I think I disabled them for singleplayer.

    Also my spacebar doesn't do anything in normal gameplay

    I have the Use/Cover/Sprint rebound to E and Shift - Shift for Sprint and Cover and E for Use, like any proper FPS that isn't designed by retards.

    Did you do this via changing the files?
    I think I read somewhere that you can get banned for that.

    No I just set E as the primary and Shift as the alternate. Both keys perform all functions. But I don't use E to sprint or Shift to use.

    Tube-san wrote:
    I apologise for my rudeness desu.
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I have no idea how it works for PC, but for the 360, there's just an omnipresent HUD of the control pad off to the side with all the items on it, medigel mapped to down. When you die, you just hit down at any time to pop back up. There's no prompting of anything. Well, except for the "Hit A to die slower" prompt, that is.

    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    PSN: TheWolfman64 3DS/Pokemon Y: 0774-4614-4065 (Trainer name Christopher)
  • Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    gjaustin wrote: »
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    I just failed another bronze match on wave 10 because everyone ran in separate directions instead of heading to the objectives. Then no one will revive each other and I'm suddenly left fighting a ton of Cerberus by myself. And I still out survived for a long ass time.

    How do people die so easy?

    I've noticed that random pubbies almost never use cover. They just stand there like morons, or violently jerk around, trying to run somewhere they won't get shot. Which produces mixed results at best.

    I actually don't use sticky cover a decent amount of the time. Unless you're trying to hide behind a chest-high wall, taking cover only gives you a minor bonus to accuracy.

    It's useful, but it the second or so it takes to leave cover can get you killed by something that charges you.

    The thing I find irritating about cover is that it's sometimes hard to get away from it. I tend to stand next to cover, and physically dodge-roll back and forth to avoid damage whenever possible, because there have been so many times where I'm in cover, and someone comes to flush me out ... and I just can't get off the damn wall. Or I'll have a target in my sights while I'm in cover, and when I pull the power trigger, the character leans out of cover, pulling the sights away from the target, and the power veers off course into nothing.

    The worst thing, though, is that the button you use to run, pick up dead teammates, activate objectives, etc, is the same button you use to take cover. So many times, I'm standing right next to a fallen teammate, and I just can't pick him up, because my character keeps taking cover on the wall. Or I'll be running away from a Banshee that's teleporting after me, and I'll inexplicably take cover against a low wall or something, and I can't get off ... then it's pretty much stab-chest.

    This right here. Surely there has to be some way to split up the functionality. Even though I reload obsessively, I'd gladly move the reload command to the right stick click and then have the A button run/revive while the X button grabs cover. Nothing makes me feel worse than trying to evade a Banshee, accidentally stick to cover, then accidentally grab another cover as I try to unstick myself. It makes me feel as though I've never played before, even though it's been going on since the first Gears of War.

Sign In or Register to comment.