As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Chat Thread: Patch 5.0 on August 28th! Change your passwords.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Dear Blizzard: Please stop screwing over melee. I know we say this every expac, but when we're staring down H Blackhorn and seriously having people swap to their ranged alts with the 15% debuff, it should be considered a sign that something's wrong.
    "Lol, MMOs and melee!!" have been a truism since... 1996 or something. I'd start gearing that ranged alt rather than hope for improvements on that front.

Oh I have one, it's just it'd be easier for them to have me swap to tank spec and have the bear druid bring his Tarecgosa equipped shaman than have me bring my non-legendaried mage :P

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Apparently some people thought I was crazy for giving away my extra spring rabbits, but it was worth it, if for no other reason it gave me two egghunters and their egghunting friends to talk during that boring task. Apparently you can get the mount from an egg :evil: ; I wouldn't know since all I got so far was two tuxedo shirts, three rabbits and spring flowers.

Is there still an achievement for eating 100 chocolates and does it count from the 25 for the previous achievement (meaning 75 more) or do you need a full 100?

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It's 100 total to get both achievements.

Once you get the 25 achievement, your counter on the other one will read 25/100.

Samphis on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    It's fights like the dragons before Ultra that really make me feel really feeble on my warrior and rogue. To pathethicly reach while begging for the dragons to come down comapred to my hunter and warlock where it's easy

Untargeted AoEs should hit them. I'm pretty sure fan of knives will, and I see the warriors using Whirlwind all the time.

I usually end up top melee dps on them though, and all I do is sit there and spam Divine Storm and Holy Wrath.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    I've been messing around in the beta some, I can't help but feel that Blizzard didn't address any of the issues people had with enhancement shamans or ret pallies. They might've even made us worse, shoehorning in more awkward support mechanics. Resto and prot seem good though, especially prot.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So I found this to be quite cool
    http://kotaku.com/5900907/what-azeroth-looks-like-from-space/gallery/1

Nothing mind blowing; but it makes me wish WoW had a 3D map like Skyrim.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

Blendtec wrote: »
    I've been messing around in the beta some, I can't help but feel that Blizzard didn't address any of the issues people had with enhancement shamans or ret pallies. They might've even made us worse, shoehorning in more awkward support mechanics. Resto and prot seem good though, especially prot.

re: Ret: What do you mean? The rotation is less clunky, we have a more dedicated AOE rotation, we can spec into a real snare, have a better (although not really awesome) gap closer, and a spammable (albeit expensive) ability to remove snares/roots on ourselves, and better self healing.

The rotation is still designed around the unreachable 3 second crusader strike. Inquisition is just an awful mechanic, even with the longer duration. A lot of my talent and glyph choices come down to support options for healing others. I do love that we have better aoe, divine storm in live is cool until you realize half the time Blizzard makes pulls 3 targets, not 4+.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    I literally never saw any complaints about the WotLK gem model, nor did I ever see a blue acknowledge any perceived developer issues with it. I think that's what makes the current situation so baffling.

I imagine the idea is to make epic gems rare and, well, epic. The same thing they tried to do in 4.0 with Epic gear and such.

Whether that's a good design goal, well....
    It's not. The whole "epics should be epic" cry is long since dead. Epics have just been purple since TBC.

And since gems are non-binding, "epic" just equates to "expensive."

The rotation is still designed around the unreachable 3 second crusader strike.
    Is it? I'm pretty sure it's just designed around not having to hit a button every GCD.
    Inquisition is just an awful mechanic, even with the longer duration.
    How so? Is there something that makes it a lot different fundamentally from abilities like SnD and Savage Roar? Or do you consider all those awful? And why?
    A lot of my talent and glyph choices come down to support options for healing others.
    That's the point. Talents and glyphs are (largely) not supposed to be about increasing your damage. This is the case for most if not all DPS specs now. I think in general there are 1 or 2 talent tiers per class that offer some sort of direct damage increase, and then usually 1 or 2 more that offer indirect increases (things like movement speed or a gap closer to increase uptime, or something that makes your rotation a little easier).

You've completely left out how much better the spec plays with a 5 HoPo cap instead of 3.

We've changed Mistweavers to also have a 1 second GCD as with the other two specializations.
    I wonder if they're actually going to stick with this. It seems like a 1-second GCD for just one of the healers will be problematic:

- It's another unique variable to try to balance. A shorter GCD allows for better reactive healing and is also likely to be a huge advantage in PvP.
    - It devalues haste somewhat for the spec. One of the three main advantages of haste for a healer (the other two being faster direct heal casts and increased HoT throughput/bonus ticks at haste breakpoints) is to reduce the GCD from instant casts. Mistweavers have nothing to gain as far as reduced GCD from haste if they already have a 1-second GCD by default.

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    I still haven't gotten a beta invite, despite signing up that night. If the release has been moved up, then that's fine. I'm going to be upset if I don't get in at all, since that was one of the selling points of the annual pass.

• MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I still haven't gotten a beta invite, despite signing up that night. If the release has been moved up, then that's fine. I'm going to be upset if I don't get in at all, since that was one of the selling points of the annual pass.

Keep an eye on your battle.net account. That updates well before you ever get an e-mail about it.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    i check it about twice a week.

I have 3 wow things, 2 accounts and the ptr account thingie. I also have the d3 beta.

edited April 2012
    Is it? I'm pretty sure it's just designed around not having to hit a button every GCD.
    How so? Is there something that makes it a lot different fundamentally from abilities like SnD and Savage Roar? Or do you consider all those awful? And why?
    A lot of my talent and glyph choices come down to support options for healing others.
    That's the point. Talents and glyphs are (largely) not supposed to be about increasing your damage. This is the case for most if not all DPS specs now. I think in general there are 1 or 2 talent tiers per class that offer some sort of direct damage increase, and then usually 1 or 2 more that offer indirect increases (things like movement speed or a gap closer to increase uptime, or something that makes your rotation a little easier).

You've completely left out how much better the spec plays with a 5 HoPo cap instead of 3.

Only reason to not be hitting something every single GCD is if something higher damage than what you can use is about to come off CD, which still feels like an issue of haste scaling. It's similar to frost DKs actually using frost presence in the beta, it just feels a little off compared to how tight it is on live with unholy presence.

I'm not a huge fan of SnD or Savage Roar, but I especially hate Inquisition. Giving a skill like SnD to paladins is showing that Blizzard has no idea what to do with the class. Rather than try to give us a unique mechanic, or god forbid figure out how to adjust us to not be broken in one direction or another, they instead looked at rogues and said "That'll work!" It's the same thing with HoPo. Sure, it's great now that we have 5, but again, it just feels like a rogue mechanic. I have a couple of attacks that build up points that let me do another couple of attacks. It's not inherently bad, I have a rogue, if I want to play a rogue, I'll play a rogue, not a slower rogue that's lacking all of the rogues "fun" moves.

I understand that's how glyphs work, it's just none of them really scream ret like they do for holy or prot. Some of the ones that I can only assume are meant for ret, like ascetic crusader, are downright worthless. I don't think I have ever gone oom as ret.

Blendtec on

Only reason to not be hitting something every single GCD is if something higher damage than what you can use is about to come off CD, which still feels like an issue of haste scaling. It's similar to frost DKs actually using frost presence in the beta, it just feels a little off compared to how tight it is on live with unholy presence.

I'm not a huge fan of SnD or Savage Roar, but I especially hate Inquisition. Giving a skill like SnD to paladins is showing that Blizzard has no idea what to do with the class. Rather than try to give us a unique mechanic, or god forbid figure out how to adjust us to not be broken in one direction or another, they instead looked at rogues and said "That'll work!" It's the same thing with HoPo. Sure, it's great now that we have 5, but again, it just feels like a rogue mechanic. I have a couple of attacks that build up points that let me do another couple of attacks. It's not inherently bad, I have a rogue, if I want to play a rogue, I'll play a rogue, not a slower rogue that's lacking all of the rogues "fun" moves.

I understand that's how glyphs work, it's just none of them really scream ret like they do for holy or prot. Some of the ones that I can only assume are meant for ret, like ascetic crusader, are downright worthless. I don't think I have ever gone oom as ret.

You are remembering that Judgment gives holy power without needing T13 now right? I mean, the rotation you are advocating is basically CS>Judge>CS>TV. HoW and Exo wouldn't even enter the equation since both are currently below the HoPo generators and TV right now in priority.

I mean, that takes us pretty much right back to ICC when people were complaining about facerolling ret pallies. Inquisition (as much as you dislike it) was added as a skillcheck for rets so the good ones could differentiate themselves. Holy Power serves as much the same purpose.

Honestly, HoPo hasn't bothered me that much, it keeps a tempo going with my abilities.

As far as the glyph part goes, those are currently under work. They did just add in latest build a Glyph of Mass Exorcism which puts an AoE effect on Exorcism.

• LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    There needs to be a class other than Druids (fuck Druids) that does ranged DPS that can also tank. I don't know how the hell this would be done, but damn it.

I want to play my Hunter but then I can't tank on him and ugh DPS queues :(

edited April 2012
    I can't break the comparison to rogues. Pretty much every rogue uses SnD, you can take it out of the running for how to differentiate between good and bad ones. It's the other skills that let you know when you're up against a good rogue or not. Currently the big difference maker for ret paladins in whether or not they can use all the defensive skills correctly, and even with that, it makes them annoying, not any stronger or better, you can just sit back and wait for the cooldowns to finish. HoPo builds fine, but again, it still just feels like combo points. The improved HoPo generation if anything makes ret more faceroll, I never have to worry about keeping inquisition up, it's just a boring mechanic, especially if I have it glyphed to last doubly long.

Blendtec on
    I can't break the comparison to rogues. Pretty much every rogue uses SnD, you can take it out of the running for how to differentiate between good and bad ones. It's the other skills that let you know when you're up against a good rogue or not. Currently the big difference maker for ret paladins in whether or not they can use all the defensive skills correctly, and even with that, it makes them annoying, not any stronger or better, you can just sit back and wait for the cooldowns to finish. HoPo builds fine, but again, it still just feels like combo points. The improved HoPo generation if anything makes ret more faceroll, I never have to worry about keeping inquisition up, it's just a boring mechanic, especially if I have it glyphed to last doubly long.
    Well what do you think they should do with ret, then? Because WotLK ret could be played optimally with a keystroke macro, and Vanilla/TBC ret was badly broken (resealing, almost no active abilities, unsustainable rotation due to shitty mana, etc.).

Maybe it's time to look into rerolling then? I can't see them removing Holy Power from Paladins considering that the devs see it as a success and Inquisition isn't likely to go anywhere either.

That's just it though, I don't know what they should do with them, nor do I want to reroll. I've been maining a paladin and shaman since 1.3, I like the classes, but compared to others they need work.

Pretty much anything you've mained for years will feel stale.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    This game has the worst sense of humor. I won the Right Thunderfury Binding a while ago on my Hunter. I even got a second Right Binding (HAHA REAL FUNNY).

Last night the Left Binding dropped.... On my DK. FUCK.

(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    So in Mists/5.0, is Blizzard going to change all the various Spell Power trinket procs to be Intellect now that Int will no longer be a regen stat and will be "equivalent" to Str and Agi?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Just about every spellpower trinket proc is already an Intellect proc.

liEt3nH.png
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Should they? Sure, it makes sense.

Will they? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I'll get back to you on that.

edited April 2012
    Dranyth wrote: »

Yeah, that's the rub. The devs have never been big on fixing "old" things that are broken. Unless of course those things benefit the players.
    "Just about every" is kind of vague terminology, but I'm going to go ahead and disagree with this. Every single caster PvP trinket is SP, not Int. Cata quest and dungeon trinkets that have a secondary stat as the static stat generally have SP procs, not Int ones.

forty on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    They opened another Pandaria zone and raised the level cap to 87 in the beta.

They're also sending out another quarter million invites right now.

And world servers are down all over the place.

At least the gathering bug was fixed.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    didn't mmo champion link an upconvert to epic gems
    Dranyth wrote: »

Yeah, that's the rub. The devs have never been big on fixing "old" things that are broken. Unless of course those things benefit the players.
    "Just about every" is kind of vague terminology, but I'm going to go ahead and disagree with this. Every single caster PvP trinket is SP, not Int. Cata quest and dungeon trinkets that have a secondary stat as the static stat generally have SP procs, not Int ones.

it's mixed. Most of the raid bits in cata are int procs or int on-uses. There are still some spellpower ones floating around.

To the extent that it matters, it doesn't seem like it would be very hard to fix. There's probably at most a couple dozen cata trinkets that would need to be changed.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    FUCK YEAH.

GOT MY DECAPITATOR. FINALLY.
    WoWScrnShot_041112_222648.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCKYEAH.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    They opened another Pandaria zone and raised the level cap to 87 in the beta.

They're also sending out another quarter million invites right now.

So that makes the total.... 800k? Hm.

Still haven't gotten mine yet. Started playing in Jan 06, signed up for the pass on 10/28.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Raid ended up being cancelled last night. We were short basically a full group and a good chunk was healers :(

I figured we'd at least start on spine before we started seeing people disappear due to the raiding doldrums.

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Our 25s have started having 13 people sign up. To be fair, I've been taking the first 10 (if it's a viable group) who show up and smash 10-man.

I get no end of grief for it. I get accused of conspiracy, or picking and choosing my friends, despite the fact that our (nearing the legendary) rogue (and she's an officer) has ended up sitting the last two weeks because she was late.

I remember we had to move from 25 to 10 at the tail end of ICC as well, but man, you just can't win sometimes.

I just want to scream: Dudes, I'm burned out, too. I'm raid leading in a time zone three hours later than I live in on a work night. Our GM is having a baby right now, and probably isn't coming back. I don't have time for drama.

Samphis on
    We're the last major 25 man guild Horde-side on Arygos, and one of only two Horde guilds in the top 10 (the other is a 10 man that got their Glory drakes last night). The officers are pretty hardcore in refusing to swap to 10 man to continue the raid.

Still no invite.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I blame LFR and end of expansion nerfing of content. We had the same issue but had decent attendance the last couple weeks.

We don't even have people running LFR on their mains anymore, but seeing heroics on main, normals on alt, and LFRs on multiple alts is most likely what's doing it.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Yeah you know what happened the last couple of weeks? People have been playing beta, ME3 and D3 betas together instead of LFR heh.

This discussion has been closed.