As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Turn my iPhone into a word processor (Bluetooth Keyboards)

SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGamingRegistered User regular
edited March 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Rather than cart my huge laptop around to the various schools where I am currently substitute teaching, I figure I can get a Bluetooth keyboard and an app of some sort and use that for my writing needs. So, I need advice for good Bluetooth keyboards and apps to use to make that possible. The apple Bluetooth keyboard looks pretty nice but is fairly pricey at 69 bucks. And as for apps I have no clue what to use. So, suggestions?

Twitch Streaming basically all week
SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
SniperGuy on

• wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    If Evernote's basic word processor has the functions you need, then that might be a good solution just based on how easy and seamless it would be to sync up your writing with your other computers. Depending on the nature of your teaching, it might also be handy to be able to take a picture of what you've drawn on the whiteboard or whatever and have it synched up along with whatever you're writing.

I'm not certain, but I think there's also built-in geotagging, and if so you could have access to a built in map showing which notes you've written at which locations.

wonderpug on
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Seconding evernote.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Evernote is great for basic text.

If you need something more "full office suite" type, Documents to Go is a fantastic product.
    http://www.dataviz.com/DTG_iphone.html

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Evernote looks great for text purposes. Now I just need an actual keyboard. Preferably sub 50$ if at all possible. I see several in that range but none that look particularly reliable. OR should I just save up for the apple one?

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I haven't used this one (I have the Apple one), but some people in the other iPad threads gave this one from amazon good reports: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Apple-iPhone/dp/B005EOWBKE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333146404&sr=8-1

It looks pretty similar to the Apple one, a bit smaller.

...and I just realized it's out of stock. Sorry.

I can say that the Apple one hasn't given me any problems yet, I've had it for... almost 4 years. I actually enjoy typing on it more than my MBP built-in keyboard. The price is a tough pill to swallow though.