Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: '[TRENCHES] Thursday, March 29, 2012 - Ramifications' by MalReynolds

MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicinesRegistered User regular
edited March 2012 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
I never worked at GameStop, but one time, I walked into the middle of an armed robbery without realizing it. And then started playing their Guitar Hero display, still not realizing that I had walked into an armed robbery.

Apparently, my reaction to being a hostage is to play 'Rock You Like A Hurricane' on expert.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!

• Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    The followup post made it even better.
    In truth, I didn't learn it was a robbery until much later; the robber dashed out of the store and all hell broke loose, only, to me, it looked like a guy leaving the store in a hurry, and then management is forcing me out the door and the place is being swarmed by cop cars. I had to take an employee friend out to dinner to find out what happened.

A few months after I found out what happened, I was walking along in a different GameStop and a fellow behind the counter was talking to a new hire; I overheard a brief snippet of their conversation. He was telling her what to do in the event of a robbery. Then he told her the story of the brave young man who stormed into a hostage situation, surveyed the area, and found the only acceptable recourse was to play a face melting guitar solo on a toy instrument, and refuse to leave until his song was over.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist silly fellow, silly fellow, is against me Registered User regular
    Reminds me of that classic by Freddiew:

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Here's how the hero fantasy plays out in my head:

I pretend I don't see the robber, walk over to Guitar Hero. He's confused, but within arm's reach. When he's not looking, I pivot around with my plastic axe, raising it over my head, and bring it down. And then that pulls the display over into me, because the cord is too short to perform the overhead attack, and knocks me to the ground. Then, he points the gun at me and I shit my pants or something, I don't know, what, this isn't my fantasy. And then he leaves, I guess?

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Mal, ever consider getting a Rock Band back together and going after the criminal scum? :)

steam_sig.png
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Mal, ever consider getting a Rock Band back together and going after the criminal scum? :)

He's just regular folk now.

Excision wrote: »
    My girlfriend is going down tonight!

Steam:MichaelLC
  • ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    Due to the name and the avatar, I can't stop picturing this story happening to Nathan Fillion.

Strangely enough, it would be a pretty normal episode for Castle.