As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Get Your Ass to [Chat]

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Therapists don't really give positive reinforcement. They just sort of sit there asking questions and writing in a notebook, the contents of which would open a window into your own consciousness that should forevermore remain closed.

Robos A Go Go on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I need to feel loved right about now.

There should be a thing like hookers except they deal with positive reinforcement instead of sex.

Hookers do that to. You'd be surprised how often they actually don't have sex with a client.

Wouldn't phone sex workers do this as well?

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Wow, anyone heard about this? There's a documentary called "The bully Project", about bullying, right?

it's rated R. The director wanted to make the film for children and teenagers who are victims of bullying, but... they can't see the film thanks to whoever rates films, the MPAA?

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Wow, anyone heard about this? There's a documentary called "The bully Project", about bullying, right?

it's rated R. The director wanted to make the film for children and teenagers who are victims of bullying, but... they can't see the film thanks to whoever rates films, the MPAA?

they could see it if their parents took them to see it instead of taking them to violent R-rated movies.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Therapists don't really give positive reinforcement.

It's part of the Carl Rogers school, which influences a lot of current therapy (to greater or lesser degrees depending on the therapist).

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

There should be a thing like hookers except they deal with positive reinforcement instead of sex.

They're called therapists.

The fee structure conveniently works the same!

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »

they could see it if their parents took them to see it instead of taking them to violent R-rated movies.

That's still all kinds of bullshit. Hell, it's rated G here in Quebec. We have sane, lax rules when it comes to rating movies.

Well they can they just need to advertise it like churches did with the passion and make It unoffically ok to watch.

Yeah, that controversy has been a pretty big deal, but ultimately it'll only increase the film's exposure anyway.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Yeah, I've been following this situation because it's kind of important to me.

It's not going to be rated R. The producer (Harvey Weinstein) told the MPAA to go fuck themselves and he's releasing it without their rating. Which is fucking awesome.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

what a coincidence

Mim and I were just talking about relationships and now I need that too

a pity you live a continent away

It's not going to be rated R. The producer (Harvey Weinstein) told the MPAA to go fuck themselves and he's releasing it without their rating. Which is fucking awesome.

I thought that was not possible to do since theaters have contracts or something?

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

It's actually unrated for actual release. But yeah, a couple utterances of "fuck" is worse than all the incredibly violent PG-13 movies aimed at teens. Obviously.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.

I thought that was not possible to do since theaters have contracts or something?

MPAA members have an agreement, yes, but I don't know which theaters specifically are part of the MPAA.

I do know that AMC Theaters is not, because they vowed to run the film regardless of the rating.

• Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Therapists don't really give positive reinforcement. They just sort of sit there asking questions and writing in a notebook, the contents of which would open a window into your own consciousness that should forevermore remain closed.

This so much.

yGxvf.png
    Here we go.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2012/03/weinstein-co-to-release-bully-documentary-without-mpaa-rating.html
    For his part, AMC theaters executive Gerry Lopez has said he will stand by the film, suggesting the chain will play it nationally even if it is unrated. Indeed, the movie opens in limited release this weekend at the AMC Century City as well as at the ArcLight Hollywood and the Landmark in Los Angeles, and the Angelika and Lincoln Square in New York.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

It's actually unrated for actual release. But yeah, a couple utterances of "fuck" is worse than all the incredibly violent PG-13 movies aimed at teens. Obviously.

Sex is worse than swearing is worse than violence. It's the natural order of things.

Kids don't get fucked up by seeing a dude knife another guy in the eye then torture him to death, but like ten seconds of nipples and you've basically got a case of sex-crazed Hitler on your hands.

I might be a little bit annoyed with how our society handles this.

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

That's still all kinds of bullshit. Hell, it's rated G here in Quebec. We have sane, lax rules when it comes to rating movies.

It should be pretty available, I agree. Yay Quebec!

what a coincidence

Mim and I were just talking about relationships and now I need that too

a pity you live a continent away

We could have had it all.

yGxvf.png
    edited March 2012
    Here's a better link.

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/30/149668761/bullying-movie-is-released-with-no-rating
    . Of the three largest, the Regal chain has said it will show "Bully" in four locations, but treat it as though it was rated R. Cinemark will not show "Bully." AMC says they'll show it at theaters in New York and Los Angeles.

Edit:
    We could have had it allllllllllllllllllllrollinginthedeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Feral on

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @desc

i'm pretty much a shoemaker

In my crazy neck of the world, 300 was PG-13.

• RichyRichy Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure you can hire a hooker to pretend to love you for an evening. It'll be expensive, but you might be able to negotiate a nightly rate or something.

sig.gif
    It's a service I would offer if I were a pimp, is all I'm saying. A business needs diversity to survive and grow.

sig.gif

It should be pretty available, I agree. Yay Quebec!

ironically, i won't be seeing it... i'll probably rent it at some point, but i don't think i'd be able to go through it in a single sitting, bullying really burns my britches, if you'll allow me to use harsh language.

I'm boycotting cinemark. Fuck those assholes

Richy wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you can hire a hooker to pretend to love you for an evening. It'll be expensive, but you might be able to negotiate a nightly rate or something.

Isn't that called "The Girlfriend Experience," as mentioned in the title of that Soderbergh film

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Hooters?

Couscous wrote: »

Hooters?

Positive reinforcement, beer and wings. Win-win-win.

sig.gif
    edited March 2012
    For women, I offer a similar experience at my own theme restaurant named Gamecocks.

Robos A Go Go on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Anyone know is Syndicate has had a price drop yet?

Hooters?

I don't like girls enough for this to work.

yGxvf.png

Hooters?

I don't like girls enough for this to work.

Chippendales?

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    HOLY SHIT ORIGIN IS SELLING THE SIMS 3 FOR FIFTY BUCKS STILL???

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    yeah EA's a piece of shit.

but you did miss a Spring deal

Omg companies will milk customers as long as they can???

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    no more canadapennies

aRkpc.gif
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    also kip hawley lost that debate so bad

so bad

his final response was practically a corporate statement

aRkpc.gif

not too long ago, it was 55% off on Steam. with all the DLC 66% off, too.

Origin is crap.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

...do you want a free copy? like you have to get the game its self but Ill give you my cd key, Ill never play it again?

This discussion has been closed.