As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Get Your Ass to [Chat]

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Also GW recently did that dreadfleet thing which was supposed to be like fantasy BFG but self contained and priced like space hulk. Apparrently it bombed pretty hard and they ended up just melting most of the models to reuse the plastic or something.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    japan wrote: »
    I am bad at recognising celebrities.

You could be surrounded by celebrities and not even know it.

It's more that I generally fail to realise when two unrelated characters/photographs/appearances are the same person. I didn't recognise anyone in the photos you posted.

japan on
  • mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Man, Quarriors sure comes with a lot of fucking dice.

Yeah. But it's fun. And it's easier with a playmat.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i wish i was pretty

l_4f4ed6cad6e68xwlan.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    robos did you see coriolanus

No, I guess I overlooked it.

Not on Netflix yet either.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    robos did you see coriolanus

No, I guess I overlooked it.

Not on Netflix yet either.

1. it's fucking awesome

but also specifically

2. :bz Chastaine as the perfect but sad wife :bz

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    I kind of think that GW spends too much time listening to their more obsessive fans, at the expense of those that just want to play an interesting game.

The kind of people for whom 40K (or whatever) is their primary leisure activity.

Looked at from that perspective, the spiralling scale and cost of their games systems (Cities of death, Apocalypse, cripplingly expensive Forgeworld super-heavy tanks and 40K scale titans, etc.) makes more sense.

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hello everybody

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    I think I'm going to be okay.

You sure?

No. I love her. And I've never met anyone so perfectly matched to me. Or who I've felt I could be with physically. But there would have been some fairly big problems if we were together that I ignored, that reflecting on is helping me put this in perspective.

She doesn't want me, and I can either keep improving myself, like I was already doing, and hope she comes around. Or I can let her go, still work on improving myself, and try like mad not to do what I usually do following rejection, which is resent her until that fades to indifference and she no longer matters. It'd be a crime if I lost her entirely. I'll meet someone else eventually, maybe not far from now, and that person might return my feelings. Right now I just have to wait until enough pain has passed that I can straighten things out with her and try to return to as close to a state of normalcy as possible. Intellectually, I am good with this - the wound is stitched and will heal, I'm just waiting for the pain to subside.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Yay!

Hakkes is alive!

ALIVE!!!

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaks

how u

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    how's it going, hakkes

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I kind of think that GW spends too much time listening to their more obsessive fans, at the expense of those that just want to play an interesting game.

The kind of people for whom 40K (or whatever) is their primary leisure activity.

Looked at from that perspective, the spiralling scale and cost of their games systems (Cities of death, Apocalypse, cripplingly expensive Forgeworld super-heavy tanks and 40K scale titans, etc.) makes more sense.

Obviously a dating sim starring the Sisters of Battle is the only viable solution.
    I-..it's not like I like heresy or anything!

wVEsyIc.png
    TehSloth wrote: »
    How much does it generally cost to fix drywall? Like, say, a tennis ball sized dent/hole?

You can do it yourself in half an hour. Cut out the damaged drywall, cut a patch of new drywall (bigger than the hole, but small enough that you can fit it through the hole by turning it on its side). Punch a hole in the middle of the patch and loop a piece of string through it. Coat the patch in adhesive (just ordinary PVA is fine, but stuff like No More Nails is stronger), feed it through the hole, and use the piece of string to pull it against the opposite side of the drywall panel until it sticks (depending what adhesive you use you might then want to leave it a while to dry).

Then just cut the string away, fill the depression with multi-finish plaster or PVC filler. Plaster gives a better finish, but you can pack the PVC filler proud of the surface and sand back to smooth if you're not confident in your ability to skim plaster smooth.

That's a lot simpler than I expected. Thank you, Japan.

For something that small you can usually get a small piece of mesh that you can attach to the wall over the hole and spackle over it. My old apartment complex did it for me once since they noticed it on an inspection while I was being to lazy to fix it and I think they charged me $35, and that was approximately foot sized.

Sweet. Hopefully my friend's landlord isn't a huge dick about it.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited March 2012
    speaking of warhammer going off the deep end and massive expense, I really want to play Battles of Westeros

I'm playing a weekly Memoir 44 meet up with a friend and then we're moving on to some Battle Lore I have but have barely played. he has C&C Ancients which we've also messed with a bit.

So this is plenty of permutations on the same system and yet

want it

desc on
    yes yes i'm alive

Nerd: right now I'm lethargic, thanks for asking

anyway I just felt like dropping in for a bit just to make sure you bitches weren't talkin' shit

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    is she gone yet?

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Wow good timing, Heya Hakks!

u7stthr17eud.png
    I think I'm going to be okay.

You sure?

No. I love her. And I've never met anyone so perfectly matched to me. Or who I've felt I could be with physically. But there would have been some fairly big problems if we were together that I ignored, that reflecting on is helping me put this in perspective.

She doesn't want me, and I can either keep improving myself, like I was already doing, and hope she comes around. Or I can let her go, still work on improving myself, and try like mad not to do what I usually do following rejection, which is resent her until that fades to indifference and she no longer matters. It'd be a crime if I lost her entirely. I'll meet someone else eventually, maybe not far from now, and that person might return my feelings. Right now I just have to wait until enough pain has passed that I can straighten things out with her and try to return to as close to a state of normalcy as possible. Intellectually, I am good with this - the wound is stitched and will heal, I'm just waiting for the pain to subside.

Man, love is tricky. Hang in there.

hello Mazzy

speaking of warhammer going off the deep end and massive expense, I really want to play Battles of Westeros

I'm playing a weekly Memoir 44 meet up with a friend and then we're moving on to some Battle Lore I have but have barely played. he has C&C Ancients which we've also messed with a bit.

want it

Get C&C Napoleonic!

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Did something happen, Hakkes?

Wait, I think we're friended on Facebook. Have I not been stalking? I need to keep up on my stalking.

aww fuck, the smelly persian is back

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited March 2012
    Inquisitor wrote: »

want it

Get C&C Napoleonic!

napoleonagainsmall.png

desc on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Nova_C wrote: »

Wait, I think we're friended on Facebook. Have I not been stalking? I need to keep up on my stalking.

It really hurts my feelings when my stalkers lose interest.

My garbage isn't going to rifle through itself, you know!

Robos A Go Go on

I left. Then I came back.

[/saga abridged]

Poor Nappy :(

aww fuck, the smelly persian is back

Canadians would smell more if they lived in a warmer more hospitable climate too!

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hello, Hakkebutte.

Well, it wasn't the same without you.

Well, it wasn't the same without you.

haha I doubt that very much but you are gentlemanly to say so

I guess she got bored with us and now she has time for us boring geeks.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Haha this old video on credit says you can't just get credit you have to earn it. Oh those quaint old ideas.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Three winning tickets. Also, read that somewhere upwards of $1.5 billion was spent on ticket purchase nation wide.

So, I had a holter monitor the other day. They shaved off a couple patches of my chest to attach the leads. Now I have these two super itchy bare spots and I look even more ridiculous that usual.

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

I left. Then I came back.

[/saga abridged]

Hakks!

sig.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i, for one, never stopped stalking hakke on the facebooks

So, I had a holter monitor the other day. They shaved off a couple patches of my chest to attach the leads. Now I have these two super itchy bare spots and I look even more ridiculous that usual.

One answer, shave it all off. Have a cleanly shaven swimmers chest.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

Only two? Lucky

Mazzyx wrote: »
    I guess she got bored with us and now she has time for us boring geeks.

Don't think I'm not one of them boring geeks too

I might be banned from humming the Game of Thrones tune in the house

This discussion has been closed.