As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Get Your Ass to [Chat]

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Inqui, don't listen to abdy. I don't even understand what he just said.

Do this: beards.org/neck.php

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Uhhhhh. I just found game of thrones on amazon. That Comic is lies.

That was before they released the box set less than a month ago

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Welcome to 10 minutes ago Feral! ;)

It's not on this page of chat so it doesn't exist.

Feral how did you get jailed?

Racist joke.

I always suspected you were a white supremacist, now I am finally vindicated

I'm only a white supremacist because I want my own harem of sexy Persian ladies.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular

Racist joke.

I'm only a white supremacist because I want my own harem of hairy Persian ladies.

Let's be honest here

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Uhhhhh. I just found game of thrones on amazon. That Comic is lies.

It took them close to a year to get the DvDs out.

Honestly, they are asking to be pirated at that speed. Luckily I have a friend with HBO so we just make going to his place to watch it as it airs a weekly event.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    winky, did you make a videogame? I haven't been around for awhile.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    okay seriously feral

how does the google 8-bit magic work

ftOqU21.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    okay seriously feral

how does the google 8-bit magic work

You know everything I do.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

oh, just like that.

Hah. I love google.

ftOqU21.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

I like the "oh oh oh oh oh" floating out of dude's mouth

oh my god 8-bit street view is amazing

ftOqU21.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Racist joke.

I'm only a white supremacist because I want my own harem of sexy Persian ladies.

are there even people who don't want that?

oh my god 8-bit street view is amazing

Look up a famous landmark like the Eiffel Tower.

Racist joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZaH9cMhOeY

Kagera is right though we are all hair and misshapen noses

Heh, that is the site I have been using for reference. I am just afraid I will still muck it up. I'll probably just edge on the side of caution and intentionally trim off too little, and then wait a bit, then trim a little more, etc, till I get it right.

Winky wrote: »
    I feel like such a badass.

On the double fine backer's forum they're doing a poll about whether people would like to see a male or female protagonist.

Male was in the lead (like 165 to 155).

Then I made a big somewhat impassioned post about why the character should be female, and now the poll is male: 166, female: 175!

Sure, maybe I had nothing to do with it, but I want to believe that my stirring rhetoric encouraged people to make the right choice.

linkie link link.

ftOqU21.png

You know where your jaw is?

end your beard above it

be untraditional

ftOqU21.png
    But seriously that new Bravo reality show, Shahs of Sunset? About wealthy Iranian Beverly Hills elites? Who are impossibly shallow and self-absorbed?

I met a persian girl just like that the other day and have to entertain her until she leaves and oh my god I can't stand it

On the double fine backer's forum they're doing a poll about whether people would like to see a male or female protagonist.

Then I made a big somewhat impassioned post about why the character should be female, and now the poll is male: 166, female: 175!

Sure, maybe I had nothing to do with it, but I want to believe that my stirring rhetoric encouraged people to make the right choice.

The protagonist should be transgendered.

You know where your jaw is?

end your beard above it

be untraditional

I'd like to continue to be employed Abd.

Though I might have to nuke the beard off if I end up in Japan. I am not sure how they view beards from a professionalism standpoint. Because, I mean, people having full beards isn't that common over there.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    But seriously that new Bravo reality show, Shahs of Sunset? About wealthy Iranian Beverly Hills elites? Who are impossibly shallow and self-absorbed?

I met a persian girl just like that the other day and have to entertain her until she leaves and oh my god I can't stand it

Ship her out here. I will "entertain" her between studying for my grad classes.

u7stthr17eud.png

I'm sure you'd love it, and your wallet will also.

Inquisitor wrote: »
    Though I might have to nuke the beard off if I end up in Japan. I am not sure how they view beards from a professionalism standpoint. Because, I mean, people having full beards isn't that common over there.

You are a gaijin. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The key is to just look the same the whole time. So how ever you start in Japan that is how you will stay.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Wash wrote: »
    Jesus, Nova. Yellowknife? Fuuuuuuuck I am so so sorry. :(

What? This place is awesome.

I love it up here.
    unfortunately the jobs there are no less restrictive in terms of qualifications than the ones here

Maybe.

But most people don't want to move up here, so there are tons of people working up here that are totally incompetent. But they're never fired because there's nobody else.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

linkie link link.

It is a private forum only for people who donated money to Tim Schafer's kickstarter.

But here is my post:
    There’s a serious dearth of female main characters in gaming that aren’t just sexualized eye-candy, and I understand that it’s due to the desire to appeal to a predominantly male audience, but why shouldn’t companies be attempting to bring more women in?

I personally know a lot of ladies who feel disenfranchised by an industry that doesn’t appear to want to appeal to them. They’d be playing a lot more video games if it wasn’t for the fact that the masculinity of characters is played up over the sorts of traits that should appeal to all gamers.

It’s also a little insulting that there’s this assumption that male players wouldn’t be able to identify with a female main character. There’s this image of men and women as these completely stereotyped sets of traits when the truth is that any given guy probably has just as much in common/different with most women as he does most other men, even taking differing naughty bits into account. I can tell you that even on a purely physical level as a dude I have a lot more in common with Chell from Portal than I do with Dom from Gears of War (absurd muscle mass accounts for a lot). I identify much more strongly with Jennifer Hale’s portrayal of Commander Shepard than Mark Meer’s.

So why don’t we go ahead and have a lady for the main character this time around?

You are a gaijin. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The key is to just look the same the whole time. So how ever you start in Japan that is how you will stay.

Haha, really? So if I do my usual thing of like, going from long hair to super short, or from a full beard to nothing, over the weekend people would flip a nut?

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Dammit, my word-matching algo makes mistakes. Which means I cannot rely on it to build a dictionary automatically.

sig.gif

I'm sure you'd love it, and your wallet will also.

Grad student=no money. Duct tape, I have lots of that though.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

You'd have to look at foreign teachers. It's entirely possible that since they're 'exotic', you will be able to do relatively mundane stuff here that's strange there and have that be less noticeable than everything else about you.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

The Soup had a snippit about a woman on that show making "diamond water". It was hilarious.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Actually a few people in the thread were talking about how the main character should be androgynous/indeterminable gender and I thought that might be neat.

Also we will just have to see if I can actually grow a professional, well maintained looking beard by the time I leave (if I leave) anyway. If it looks scraggly in the least then it is definitely getting scrapped before I head overseas.

Actually a few people in the thread were talking about how the main character should be androgynous/indeterminable gender and I thought that might be neat.

The lead should be Poison because uh...er....

Poison is hot.

Haha, really? So if I do my usual thing of like, going from long hair to super short, or from a full beard to nothing, over the weekend people would flip a nut?

Well it doesn't matter a lot anyway. If you are JET they can't fire you. And really as a white guy you can get away with hell. But going from one extreme to the other is kind of frowned upon. Consistency is the best policy. There won't be yelling or really any open "flipping of nuts" but you might get one or two comments and some folks talking behind your back.

u7stthr17eud.png

linkie link link.

It is a private forum only for people who donated money to Tim Schafer's kickstarter.

But here is my post:
    There’s a serious dearth of female main characters in gaming that aren’t just sexualized eye-candy, and I understand that it’s due to the desire to appeal to a predominantly male audience, but why shouldn’t companies be attempting to bring more women in?

I personally know a lot of ladies who feel disenfranchised by an industry that doesn’t appear to want to appeal to them. They’d be playing a lot more video games if it wasn’t for the fact that the masculinity of characters is played up over the sorts of traits that should appeal to all gamers.

It’s also a little insulting that there’s this assumption that male players wouldn’t be able to identify with a female main character. There’s this image of men and women as these completely stereotyped sets of traits when the truth is that any given guy probably has just as much in common/different with most women as he does most other men, even taking differing naughty bits into account. I can tell you that even on a purely physical level as a dude I have a lot more in common with Chell from Portal than I do with Dom from Gears of War (absurd muscle mass accounts for a lot). I identify much more strongly with Jennifer Hale’s portrayal of Commander Shepard than Mark Meer’s.

So why don’t we go ahead and have a lady for the main character this time around?

<3

Well it doesn't matter a lot anyway. If you are JET they can't fire you. And really as a white guy you can get away with hell. But going from one extreme to the other is kind of frowned upon. Consistency is the best policy. There won't be yelling or really any open "flipping of nuts" but you might get one or two comments and some folks talking behind your back.

I see, I see. It's very interesting the little ways that cultures are different. Like, drastically changing your look in the states (as long as you are going from one acceptable look to another acceptable look) is no thing at all. I'll keep this in mind though, thanks Mazz. :D

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

linkie link link.

But here is my post:

<3
    That's change I can believe in, Winky.

The Soup had a snippit about a woman on that show making "diamond water". It was hilarious.

That one is actually the most down-to-earth of the bunch

I actually sympathized with her since she seemed the least materialistic and delusional right up until that whole psycho water shit

THEY'RE ALL CRAZY

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I have often thought that if I made a game, that's how I'd go.

Or do something where you can choose your gender, but your love interest is fixed. Or something.

I also have thought that maybe I'd just make the protagonist female, and rescuing her girlfriend from the whatever, and then other than the introduction and references to the girlfriend, not have it really come up ever. Because normalizing things like that is important (and kind of awesome when I see it happen.)

This discussion has been closed.