As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[YEStling Thread] DJ Hogan in the house

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    QuickSnap wrote: »
    This just in from twitter: Yoshi Tatsu is pissed.

>As of today, I am planning to post several tweets regarding my thoughts and feelings toward Lord Tensai. First of all, I have a strong reason why I must defeat Lord Tensai. As in my Japanese lesson, "tensai" means natural disaster.

>As everyone knows, Japan experienced a major earthquake and tsunami on March 11th of last year. More than 15,000 people lost their lives, over 5,000 people are still missing, and more than 5,000 people were injured. In addition, over 130,000 people lost their homes. Sadly, the recovery has been very slow. Many people are still living in temporary housing, without jobs. Moreover,the Japanese people haven't been able to recover from the grief of losing family members,including children who lost their parents.

>Out of respect, I strongly urge Lord Tensai to change his name. As Japanese superstar of WWE, I cannot tolerate him using this name during Japanese appearance. Even though he is tremendously big and very strong, I will defeat him someday. Japan was defeated by natural disasters – "TENSAI". And I, Yoshi Tatsu is the one who defeats that "TENSAI". When I beat him, I will make him change his name. This is #YoshiRevolution Episode 1.

Well that's...something, I guess.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    One more thing about Smackdown:
    I just read a different set of spoilers and Claudio does appear but in a backstage segment where Teddy has to oil him up for a photo shoot. Ace wasn't kidding about making his life a living hell.

Also Sandow did get the What treatment a bit but played it off well. Honestly that chant could work in his favor if he keeps using big words in his promos. Just acknowledge the crowds are idiots for not understanding him.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    This twitter rant is obviously gonna get Yoshi Tatsu a huge push
    to TNA

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    This twitter rant is obviously gonna get Yoshi Tatsu a huge push
    to TNA

tazz is that

it is!

it's mochi batsu! here in the impact zone!!!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmgvVzwhqLo

This was the most rational I've ever seen Douglas so good for him.

• Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    QuickSnap wrote: »
    This just in from twitter: Yoshi Tatsu is pissed.

>As of today, I am planning to post several tweets regarding my thoughts and feelings toward Lord Tensai. First of all, I have a strong reason why I must defeat Lord Tensai. As in my Japanese lesson, "tensai" means natural disaster.

>As everyone knows, Japan experienced a major earthquake and tsunami on March 11th of last year. More than 15,000 people lost their lives, over 5,000 people are still missing, and more than 5,000 people were injured. In addition, over 130,000 people lost their homes. Sadly, the recovery has been very slow. Many people are still living in temporary housing, without jobs. Moreover,the Japanese people haven't been able to recover from the grief of losing family members,including children who lost their parents.

>Out of respect, I strongly urge Lord Tensai to change his name. As Japanese superstar of WWE, I cannot tolerate him using this name during Japanese appearance. Even though he is tremendously big and very strong, I will defeat him someday. Japan was defeated by natural disasters – "TENSAI". And I, Yoshi Tatsu is the one who defeats that "TENSAI". When I beat him, I will make him change his name. This is #YoshiRevolution Episode 1.

Well that's...something, I guess.

I kind of would love to see a Tatsu vs. Tensai program play out, but I know that won't happen until Tensai is downgraded into one half of a comedy tag team.

• Options
    It would be interesting to see Tatsu paired with Cena in the coming weeks to test just how much of a rub he can give.

• Options
    I really don't think Tatsu has the tools to get over too much in the WWE no matter what they do with him. He's no Tajiri after all.
    Also that twitter thing makes no sense unless my understanding of tensai's meaning is way off.

• Options
    I'm pretty hyped about Sin Cara coming back. If nothing else he's entertaining when he botches so he'll either have a good lucha match or an entertaining botch-filled match.

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    I would love a Tatsu angle of any sort, particularly if he was allowed to shine.

I expect that, instead, this will lead to him being broken in half, and as he lays there twitching, future-endeavored by the Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and General Manager of both RAW and SmackDown, John Laurenitis.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Unless there was a massive cataclysm that claimed the lives of every Mexican wrestler on the planet, I have no explanation as to why Sin Cara was hired and had so much invested into him.
    What I guess I'm saying is that they should've hired Chessman instead. Or maybe La Parka.

Also I watched my first Shimmer events in a very, very, very long time this week (volumes 43 and 44) and wow, the overall quality of the company has really come along. There's still some shaky bits and a couple of women who have no real business claiming to be professional wrestlers, but it was still really good stuff.
    I might be slightly biased though, since I love anything that involves Kana. She's the best. Oh and Lufisto, I didn't know she had come back to wrestling so that was an awesome surprise for me.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Quite frankly my opinion on Sin Cara would be greatly enhanced if they stopped using the stupid special lighting for every one of his matches.

Of course, even then, my opinion would be raised to the level that Dyvim Tvar just stated.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Mistico had a great reputation before coming to the WWE, at least in terms of drawing money and putting on good matches.

I'd expect him to start feuding again with Hunico when he comes back, or that new Lucha guy they have in FCW named Benicio Salazar who had some bizarre medical gimmick in Mexico. Or finally bring in Averno and restart the huge feud they had in CMLL.

• Options
    Unless there was a massive cataclysm that claimed the lives of every Mexican wrestler on the planet, I have no explanation as to why Sin Cara was hired and had so much invested into him.
    What I guess I'm saying is that they should've hired Chessman instead. Or maybe La Parka.

Also I watched my first Shimmer events in a very, very, very long time this week (volumes 43 and 44) and wow, the overall quality of the company has really come along. There's still some shaky bits and a couple of women who have no real business claiming to be professional wrestlers, but it was still really good stuff.
    I might be slightly biased though, since I love anything that involves Kana. She's the best. Oh and Lufisto, I didn't know she had come back to wrestling so that was an awesome surprise for me.

I think I agree with wirehead. I thought Mistico was a high quality talent. Unless that was all just hype.

Shimmer is allegedly awesome. I can't say I've watched any of their stuff, but I know a couple people who make a yearly pilgrimage to the events.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The problem with pretty much every Mexican wrestler they've brought in that wasn't Del Rio, a Guerrero, or Mysterio, have suffered from the same problem: they can't adapt to WWE's style of wrestling.

They either try too hard to adapt, and get hurt, or don't try, get hurt, and get fired. And even the ones who did adapt, like Del Rio, Eddie, and Rey, had to work a while to get the push their talents deserved. Chavo worked hard, never got a payoff, and split.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Re: Johnny Cena vs. John Ace

I will consider this match a failure if Laurinaitis does not deliver an Ace Crusher to Cena. There would just be something so poetic about it...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Maybe the "WWE style" should stop being so fuck-awful. Yeah Sin Cara botches a lot but half the time it's because you have a guy in the ring with him like Alex Riley who gets lost about two moves into a chain because he can't keep up. There's blame to be put on both ends and while one side has given us dozens of Sin Cara botches the other side is directly responsible for Kevin Hackman. Sooooo....

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    They kept Cara and got rid of Hackman so your point is kinda invalid. Besides you'd think Chavo should have been able to keep up but if not even he can work a good match with Mistico there has to be something other than the "WWE style" at work.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Cara's problem was that they didn't send him to developmental at all. That would have been helpful, as he could have learned the style a bit in a non-pressure environment, and then when he came up, look a bit better than he did. What ended up happening was Cara getting thrown out on national television against guys who, not only were WWE-system guys, but hadn't worked the lucha style before, which led to the feud with Chavo, and even that wasn't great.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Sin Cara never really connected with me, but he got injured so quick, so maybe it just needed more time.

Open question. With the post-WrestleMania culling of the roster coming, what five people do you want to see gone, and what five people do you want to see pushed?

• Options
    I don't think Cara is really going to make it as a top guy in WWE. Aside from the botches, his matches always came across as overly-choreographed.

His style is batshit crazy athletic and fun to watch, but it was almost "breaking my immersion" because it just felt so fake.

• Options
    Sin Cara never really connected with me, but he got injured so quick, so maybe it just needed more time.

Open question. With the post-WrestleMania culling of the roster coming, what five people do you want to see gone, and what five people do you want to see pushed?

Gone: Khali, Big Zeke, Mason Ryan, Jinder Mahal, Johnny Curtis (I haven't really seen him wrestle, just couldn't think of anyone else). Pushed: Ziggler, Rhodes, Ambrose, Cesaro, O'Neil/Young (or at least O'Neil).

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

Oh fun.

5 gone…

Tyler Reks
    Heath Slater
    Khali
    Mason Ryan
    McGillicuty

5 pushed…

Truth
    AJ
    Ziggler
    Trent Barreta (ha ha yeah right)
    Dean Ambrose

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Gone: Khali, A-Ry, Kane, Mason, and Lawler counts cause he wrestled monday.

Push: JTG, Cody, Hunico, Kofi, Kaitlyn

• Options
    Oh yeah replace Curtis with Hennig for me.

Hullis I hope you putting Kane on your "gone" list was a massive typo.

• Options
    Kane is awful

• Options
    I will consider removing him if we get DX kane back

• Options
    I still hold out hope that we'll see a return to his roots, and Kane will go out against Taker at Mania.

While he still moves better than a lot of the bigger guys, he's not got much wrestling left in him.

• Options
    PWI wrote:
    "It has been announced that Davey Richards will be unable to compete at tomorrow's (5/3) Wrestling Dontaku show due to be involved in a traffic accident in the USA. Since Richards and Romero were scheduled for a title defense the belts have now been declared vacant and a title decision match will be held on a later date. They cannot hold another title match tomorrow as Richards is carrying the IWGP Jr. Tag belt with him in the USA."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »

Oh fun.

5 gone…

Tyler Reks
    Heath Slater
    Khali
    Mason Ryan
    McGillicuty

5 pushed…

Truth
    AJ
    Ziggler
    Dean Ambrose

I hate you:-<
    I don't think Cara is really going to make it as a top guy in WWE. Aside from the botches, his matches always came across as overly-choreographed.

His style is batshit crazy athletic and fun to watch, but it was almost "breaking my immersion" because it just felt so fake.

I think you might just not like lucha, because that's kind of the way they do things.
    Honestly though Mistico/Sin Cara is really just a lot of hype and not very much else. He's not bad, he's just no El Dandy.

• Options
  • Options
    That watermark reminds me of one of my favourite members of the Fire Pro community.
    Also El Dandy is top drawer, nice of Bret to acknowledge that.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

Oh fun.

5 gone…

Tyler Reks
    Heath Slater
    Khali
    Mason Ryan
    McGillicuty

5 pushed…

Truth
    AJ
    Ziggler
    Dean Ambrose

I hate you:-<

I think you might just not like lucha, because that's kind of the way they do things.
    Honestly though Mistico/Sin Cara is really just a lot of hype and not very much else. He's not bad, he's just no El Dandy.

See, I like lucha, and I want to like Sin Cara, but for some reason I just never felt like there was a flow and excitement in a Cara match. I think part of it was that he tried to fit into the set movelist that most in the WWE use, instead of feeling like he had a never-ending flow of ranas, culminating in his finisher, which was pretty rad.

I always chalked it up to the style clash between Cara's particular flair of lucha and WWE.

• Options
  • Options
    Wow so Russo was actually on tape saying that? What a douche.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Slater isn't going anywhere

he has that mega feud with FLO RIDA coming up guys

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I'm thinking Slater should just go all out and adopt a wannabee white rapper gimmick. He'd be much better at it than Terry Gordy's kid.

Edit: Shit I didn't realize Ray Gordy retired and is currently working as a cop in the city I live next to.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Did anyone post the Impact spoilers

because they are SO GOOD ahahahahaha

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Funny the Mean Gene scoffs at the idea of Dean Malenko being a legit challenger to the U.S. Title, considering he'd held it before.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Michael Cole's heel gimmick has been transitioned away. His new role is to be an edgy style of character who respects John Laurinaitis as one of the top heels but has a more neutral stance. This was seen on Monday when he was very sympathetic toward Cena after he was attacked

THANK FUCKING GOD

This discussion has been closed.