As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[YEStling Thread] DJ Hogan in the house

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    hallelujah

now someone tell Lawler to retire

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I still think Cole could have ended up being a great heel manager but I guess they can't think of anyone better to replace him.

He still only needs to be on Raw though. Give someone else a chance with Booker on Smackdown.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Cole was alright on commentary last Raw

Did not insult King at all during his match, which surprised me

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Michael Cole's heel gimmick has been transitioned away. His new role is to be an edgy style of character who respects John Laurinaitis as one of the top heels but has a more neutral stance. This was seen on Monday when he was very sympathetic toward Cena after he was attacked

THANK FUCKING GOD

Yes.

I could get behind Cole when he wasn't a jagoff, even though I preferred JR's drawl. He was competent and knew his job. The past couple years have been agonizing.

• Options
    Lawler's not leaving anytime soon. Vince has publically stated he thinks he's one of the best commentators and honestly he's not that bad. With Cole toned down that means Lawler should become better by association.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    5 gone:
    Mahal
    Khali
    Ryan
    Zeke
    Sin Cara

5 Pushed
    Ziggler
    Truth
    Brey White
    Sandow
    Claudio

• Options
    That's Brey Wyatt Assuran. And why would you want Cara gone. There are like 12 guys who should go before him. At the very least he has a legit claim for drawing money in his career.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    going with 3

3 gone:

Mahal (looked awful against Kane)
    Ryan (never had a gimmick)
    Zeke (barely has a gimmick)

3 pushed:

Bryan (unified champion?)
    R Truth (will hopefully fix the tag division)
    Ziggler (perhaps Ziggler vs Ryder part 2)

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    WWE are going to be locked on Cara, they aren't getting rid of him. They invested in him so they're going to give him at least one more shot before calling him a failure.
    Of course when they do get rid of him they're still going to need a luchadore, Rey Mysterio isn't getting any younger after all and his role is a pretty important money maker.

Too be fair I'm almost certain that you could put a dog under a hood, book it in the same program that saw Mistico rise to the top of CMLL and it would've drawn comparative numbers.
    Actually it might even draw better, I can't think of a single reason why you wouldn't want to watch a dog tag team with Negro Casas especially against Los Perros del Mal.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    I'm just not a huge fan of Sin Cara, mostly because of how bad he's looked in the ring here. If you need a masked Luchadore, I'm sure we can find one that wouldn't accidentally kill his coworkers.

And yeah, I meant Brey Wyatt. Totally misremembered his name, since he's changed it like 5 times.

• Options
    I think it was Eli Wyatt or something at first. Guess they didn't want him sharing first names with Cottonwood.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Why does everyone think Khali is going anywhere? He's essentially a guy who takes time off whenever he wants already, and he's a huge (HUGE) star in India. WWE will never let him leave purely for the international draw he represents. The only way he goes away is if he chooses to.

Five releases: Trent Baretta, Yoshi Tatsu, Tyson Kidd, Alicia Fox, and for the dark horse pick, Drew McIntyre

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Oh, I know they won't let Khali go. That was just my list. Not the list I actually think will happen.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Re: Johnny Cena vs. John Ace

I will consider this match a failure if Laurinaitis does not deliver an Ace Crusher to Cena. There would just be something so poetic about it...

And 98% of the audience will go "Why did the permanent manger of Raw and Smackdown deliver an RKO to Cena?"

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I think people are more wishing that Khali was leaving that predicting it

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Oh yeah replace Curtis with Hennig for me.

Really? I've been enjoying the matches he's had with Tyson Kidd on NXT. I wish he'd ditch the name and get more practice on the mic, but...

Johnny Curtis has been alright there, too. He's an amusing creep.

Also, Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins were "fired," so they may very well be out.
    Michael Cole's heel gimmick has been transitioned away. His new role is to be an edgy style of character who respects John Laurinaitis as one of the top heels but has a more neutral stance. This was seen on Monday when he was very sympathetic toward Cena after he was attacked

THANK FUCKING GOD

Not to mention how he didn't spend the next two hours after Lawler's match complaining about Jerry not doing his job, and actually giving him credit and I think even wishing him some luck in the process.

It may just be due to what we've been dealing with the past two years, but I love this Cole.
    I still think Cole could have ended up being a great heel manager but I guess they can't think of anyone better to replace him.

He still only needs to be on Raw though. Give someone else a chance with Booker on Smackdown.

My first reaction is to say "Striker," but truthfully, Booker says some wild crap, and Cole has gotten to call him on it pretty well. Only replace him if they can find someone to call Booker out on his craziness.

I will consider this match a failure if Laurinaitis does not deliver an Ace Crusher to Cena. There would just be something so poetic about it...

And 98% of the audience will go "Why did the permanent manger of Raw and Smackdown deliver an RKO to Cena?"

Maybe. They can explain it or something.

I just love that ever since he invented the move, it seems to have become primarily associated with anti-authority figures. And now, we have the inventor of the move who IS the authority figure.

As for Sin Cara? Maybe they let the wrong guy keep the mask. Cara botched himself onto the bench, and the other guy is basically just spinning his wheels.

And Khali needs to become a bodyguard or something. Did you see his weak kick-outs against Kane? Terrible...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    As for Sin Cara? Maybe they let the wrong guy keep the mask. Cara botched himself onto the bench, and the other guy is basically just spinning his wheels.

I see what you did there...

tumblr_lymcz35s191r6zlt4o1_400.png

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Hey, we had a top of page without a video, to rectify this how about some early Jushin Liger?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=panKSi2jKhE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNA3MKuauzc&feature=relmfu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gutOgCYfoJU&feature=relmfu

He's wrestling Black Tiger I there just in case you didn't have enough reason to watch all three vids that make up the match

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    Why does everyone think Khali is going anywhere? He's essentially a guy who takes time off whenever he wants already, and he's a huge (HUGE) star in India. WWE will never let him leave purely for the international draw he represents. The only way he goes away is if he chooses to.

Five releases: Trent Baretta, Yoshi Tatsu, Tyson Kidd, Alicia Fox, and for the dark horse pick, Drew McIntyre
    The five releases/bushes isn't for what people think will happen, it's for what people want to happen. So no-one has specifically thought that Khali was going anywhere.. It probably won't be too long before Khali's in a wheelchair and they'll be forced to let him go though.

Anyway, five releases:
    Great Khali
    Mason Ryan
    Zeke
    Alex Riley
    Jinder Mahal

Five pushes:
    Daniel Bryan
    Cody Rhodes
    Alberto Del Rio
    Natalya
    Tyson Kidd

Kidd mostly because I want them to bring back David Hart Smith, reform the Hart Foundation and use them, alongside the Usos, Truth/Kofi, the Colons and the Kings of Wrestling, to make the tag team division actually relevant. It'll never happen but it's nice to dream.

I wanted to add AJ but Natalya's a better wrestler and has been treated terribly, so I went with her. I wouldn't be offended by a women's division composed of Beth, Kharma, Layla, Natalya, Tamina and AJ though. Kelly Kelly and Alicia Fox can be moved into backstage/valet roles or something, I don't really care.
    He got injured, he didn't botch. And Hunico botched way more than Mistico when he was trying to wrestle lucha style, mostly because he was way too unfit to keep the pace up. Watch the Cara/Cara matches and you'll notice him run out of breath in just a couple of minutes, which tended to lead to most of the botches. He's not been so bad since the de-masking though, aside from the whole racism thing.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options

They just need to show the audience this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLt5KdGRCIA

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Ah, well then, I clearly misread. Again.

I actually don't mind Khali, but they've got to stop putting him in matches where they try and have him actually wrestle, like that abomination with Kane on Monday. I actually thought they were going the right way when he teamed with Mahal and just stood on the apron in tag matches, but they canned that within a month.

And since my last list was people I think will be fired, here's five I hope will be: Sin Cara, Lord Tensai, Hornswoggle, Ted Dibiase, and every Diva except Beth, Natalya, Layla, AJ, and Kharma.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Oh shit, I totally forgot about Hornswoggle. Yeah, he can take Jinder's place on my list.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    My Daniel Bryan YES! shirt got here today.

Wonderful. Can't wait to wear it.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options

They just need to show the audience this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLt5KdGRCIA

That's the problem, WWE don't own any of the rights to Ace's Japan work which is where he was at his peak. Instead, they've got Dynamic Dudes footage.

• Options
    Maybe they can negotiate with AJPW to show some clips on Raw?

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Why would they either want or need to?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Just a way to hype up the Cena/Ace match to show that Johnny was pretty good in his heyday.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    My Daniel Bryan YES! shirt got here today.

Wonderful. Can't wait to wear it.

For a second I read that as can't wait to hear it. I hate being sick. :(

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I liked Cole for the first time in a long time Monday, so I'm glad its a permanent thing and not just a fluke.

Josh Matthews needs a push in the announce booth. I honestly think he's the best announcer they have right now. Him and Booker should be running the SD desk by themselves.

• Options
    Sting's got his own alumni page on WWE.com

wonder what that means

also A.W. "signed" Primo, Epico and Rosa

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

wonder what that means

also A.W. "signed" Primo, Epico and Rosa

Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa?!

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    I figured Sting would always have a good relationship with WWE despite never working for them. I'm also sure Vince would sign him in a heartbeat if he could.

The A.W. thing is weird but if it means he becomes a full fledged heel manager with a stable I'm all for it.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    LTM wrote: »
    Scott Stanford needs a push in the announce booth. I honestly think he's the best announcer they have right now.

Scott Stanford is a guy who's got better and better. There's a clip from a while ago where Punk verbally runs rings round him on commentary - pointing out that he didn't know move names and he couldn't keep pace with the action and didn't know his wrestling history. Now he's sharp, he's got a good rhythm and he's got a classic sports announcers voice. Also he's the voice of the Broski generation - we need more Scott Stanford.

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I figured Sting would always have a good relationship with WWE despite never working for them. I'm also sure Vince would sign him in a heartbeat if he could.

The A.W. thing is weird but if it means he becomes a full fledged heel manager with a stable I'm all for it.

The A.W. thing is strange mainly because he just signed on to manage a team and their manager. He is technically a manager's manager.

Manager.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Bloodsheed wrote: »

The A.W. thing is strange mainly because he just signed on to manage a team and their manager. He is technically a manager's manager.

Manager.

I believe the preferred term for the AW/Rosa relationship is "pimping".

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

It also lists the Bellas as alumni.

Did I miss something? I don't get cable so I just read results.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Bellas are gone as of April 30. Didn't renew the contract, were kayfabe fired by Eve.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    The worst part about the Bellas being gone is that we don't get to see them destroyed by Kharma when she comes back. I'm amazed they didn't bring her back to see both of them off. It would have brought their storyline full circle and been a great way to send them off and bring her back.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    But instead of Kharma, we got two title changes within a week featuring the devastating rollup pin. Don't you see how awesome that is?

This discussion has been closed.