As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Resurgence MP DLC on the 10th; 6 chars, 3 guns, 2 maps. MARK SPOILERS!

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Wow... tech bursts are comparatively weak as shit (especially as you need to kill to pull off fire/cryo). Brutes have like 9k armour and I can blow them down in two warp/throw combos.

Liking the changes to Tech Armour a lot, also the encumberance buffs so people can use more interesting weapons :P

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yay new patch!

Still no assault rifle buff!

No mentions of Vanguard, loading screen or connection bug/error fixes!

What the heck, everyone knows I'm addicted anyways, but still, they could at least fix bugs that were present in the demo over a month ago...

Edit: I'm thinking tech combos could be fixed really easy: First, make them two times as powerfull as now, maybe even three times - it's not like they deal any noticeable damage now. Then, make it so that they always happen, like biotic combos, regardless wether you kill the target with the trigger-power or not.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Wow, the game just does not want me to get Salarian Infiltrator.

Got some nice weapon upgrades and unlocked the Saber. Anyone know how that is in multi? It was effectively an AR sniper rifle in SP.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Drellguards can carry more weapons!

Frees up that last 6 evolution for Cluster Grenades!

Go to the sea for everyone!

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    Shaggy wrote: »
    So I just unlocked the Carnifex but it seems pretty heavy, compared to something like the Avenger or one of the other pistols. Everyone suggested using it for my Salarian engy, but wouldn't it be best to just roll with something lighter if I'm just using powers?

Everyone suggests it because it's basically a handheld sniper rifle, plus if you use ammo powers, it's an almost(if not 100%) guaranteed application of said power...which people use in golds for many more combo setups. Also, its nice to headshot some people and explode their faces during power cooldowns. I use it on all my caster types for just this reason.

Edit: I'm slightly miffed at them for upping the paladin's encumbrance higher than the carnifex. My special N7 variant that will be almost impossible for me to ever upgrade, and you gotta go and make it heavier than the carni... rude.

I didn't see any reason to use it over an actual sniper rifle, since Salarians have the sniper weight reduction, and I also have the N7 sniper rifle. I can't remember right now how heavy that is, but I recall it being somewhat similar to the Carnifex. If I levelled the Carnifex I think it would work, but that is really up to the luck of the draw. I guess my question was why use something that's like a sniper rifle when I could use an actual sniper rifle.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Yay new patch!

What the heck, everyone knows I'm addicted anyways, but still, they could at least fix bugs that were present in the demo over a month ago...

Edit: I'm thinking tech combos could be fixed really easy: First, make them two times as powerfull as now, maybe even three times - it's not like they deal any noticeable damage now. Then, make it so that they always happen, like biotic combos, regardless wether you kill the target with the trigger-power or not.

Tech bursts always happen, and they're now on par with Biotics.

Explosions now hit harder than Biotics, apparently.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I get the feeling that the fact that the flashlight sections in ME3 didn't have any fights may have been due to engine constraints. Having enemies attacking and bullets and powers flying combined with the requirements on the graphics engine to produce the lighting effects may have bogged down performance too much to give us any fights down there. This is all just a guess, though, and it's still a shame that flashlight encounters didn't happen.
    Probably, like most of the other things they had to cut because of the improvements made to the engine, the fault of consoles. RAM in particular

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yay new patch!

Tech Bursts do always happen. And now they have the same base damage as biotic explosions, but lack the ability evolutions that buff them.

Salarian Engineer + Human Engineer Overload/Energy Drain or Asari Adept + Engineer Overload/Throw tech burst spam just got much more powerful.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The default Encumbrance Penalty on Tech Armor is 60% now? And you can lower that by .... 50%?

Okay, Human Sentinel is now more than just an Asari Adept without Stasis, for me. It can be a tough to kill Asari Adept without Stasis. Woo!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Dalantia wrote: »
    Yay new patch!

Tech bursts always happen, and they're now on par with Biotics.

Explosions now hit harder than Biotics, apparently.

Damn me and my language. I didn't mean tech-burts, but tech-combos, like Cryo- and Fire-explosions.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    The default Encumbrance Penalty on Tech Armor is 60% now? And you can lower that by .... 50%?

Okay, Human Sentinel is now more than just an Asari Adept without Stasis, for me. It can be a tough to kill Asari Adept without Stasis. Woo!

Did anyone actually check that yet? I suspect it will be more like a 20-30% penalty with the last evolution.

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Argh. I'm totally kicking myself. Blackbird, CaptinCarrot, Shenlongx and I had a great team going with a couple of vanguards and me as a reaving drell adept. It was surprisingly effective and FUN on silver. I'm kicking myself for having to leave such a great team after only one match. Sorry guys.

• Options
    edited April 2012

Did anyone actually check that yet? I suspect it will be more like a 20-30% penalty with the last evolution.

If I'm not mistaken the default encumbrance on Tech Armor is now 60%. The final evolution should still only give you 30% less, making it 30% now instead of 50% with the final evolution before.
    envoy1 wrote: »
    Argh. I'm totally kicking myself. Blackbird, CaptinCarrot, Shenlongx and I had a great team going with a couple of vanguards and me as a reaving drell adept. It was surprisingly effective and FUN on silver. I'm kicking myself for having to leave such a great team after only one match. Sorry guys.

I'm thinking of going with 2 Drell adepts and 2 Vanguards next *g*

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Um. Was the Victory pack the only reward for op raptor? Because ALL I got was consumable items.

edit: And how do I spec out a Krogan Sentinel?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    BrilliantInsanityBrilliantInsanity Charleston, WVRegistered User regular
    So I just unlocked the Carnifex but it seems pretty heavy, compared to something like the Avenger or one of the other pistols. Everyone suggested using it for my Salarian engy, but wouldn't it be best to just roll with something lighter if I'm just using powers?

Everyone suggests it because it's basically a handheld sniper rifle, plus if you use ammo powers, it's an almost(if not 100%) guaranteed application of said power...which people use in golds for many more combo setups. Also, its nice to headshot some people and explode their faces during power cooldowns. I use it on all my caster types for just this reason.

Edit: I'm slightly miffed at them for upping the paladin's encumbrance higher than the carnifex. My special N7 variant that will be almost impossible for me to ever upgrade, and you gotta go and make it heavier than the carni... rude.

I didn't see any reason to use it over an actual sniper rifle, since Salarians have the sniper weight reduction, and I also have the N7 sniper rifle. I can't remember right now how heavy that is, but I recall it being somewhat similar to the Carnifex. If I levelled the Carnifex I think it would work, but that is really up to the luck of the draw. I guess my question was why use something that's like a sniper rifle when I could use an actual sniper rifle.

Until you get the weight reduction talent, the Carnifex is lighter, and you could forgo the weight reduction talent and either opt for more weapon damage, or 6 pts. to spend in a different talent. It's personal preference either way.

I liked my Salangineer with his Mantis X, but I promoted him this weekend, and until I get the weight reduction again, I'm rolling with the Carni.

steam_sig.png

Sixty -40- on Origin for some ME3 goodness.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/brilliantinsanity/
  • Options
    lu tzelu tze Sweeping the monestary steps.Registered User regular
    I'm up for some silver/gold if anyone wants to add me.

I have no clue how the Origin thing works though, how the hell do you join your friends in game?

World's best janitor
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    edit: And how do I spec out a Krogan Sentinel?
    I maxed everything but Incinerate, which I avoided completely.

Then I loaded up on enormous weapons, laid down tons of fire and ran into traffic to rescue downed Vanguards and Engies.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Even with the Carnifex, your powers will still be on a relatively low cooldown so that you can spam them at your leisure. You will need the damage the Carnifex does on Silver and especially Gold, though.

I disagree with this statement

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Even with the Carnifex, your powers will still be on a relatively low cooldown so that you can spam them at your leisure. You will need the damage the Carnifex does on Silver and especially Gold, though.

I thought that the damage reduction from armor/shields increased dramatically on silver/gold, making AR/SMG bullets basically spitballs

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I got my victory pack. No commendation pack yet. Those being distributed later? I'm really hoping the Promotion bug didn't fuck me out of that.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Got some nice weapon upgrades and unlocked the Saber. Anyone know how that is in multi? It was effectively an AR sniper rifle in SP.

Yes and no.

It hits nice and hard and can decimate armor with an AP mod, however even on a Turian, the kickback on it makes it difficult to send multiple shots down range on target. After each shot the crosshair gets gigantic which makes it really hard to double-tap smaller mooks and quick moving enemies like Phantoms.

Love the sound it makes though. Really sounds/feels like a shoulder mounted howitzer.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Agent PropagandiAgent Propagandi Registered User regular
    So the Goliath Commendation pack is listed in my Bioware User Entitlements here: http://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

Wondering if this is an easier way to check if the Raptor Commendation pack has been granted yet.

Steam | Origin: AgentProp | Website
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

I thought that the damage reduction from armor/shields increased dramatically on silver/gold, making AR/SMG bullets basically spitballs

Shields function the opposite of armor: no damage reduction, but on Gold there's no damage bleed, either, so unless you're using a shotgun at extremely close range everything with a shield will take at least two shots to kill

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BrilliantInsanityBrilliantInsanity Charleston, WVRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Spoit wrote: »

It's not the damage from the gun you will want on silver/gold...its the almost(if not 100%) guaranteed application of ammo power debuffs of the Carni that you want/need.

If I'm not mistaken the default encumbrance on Tech Armor is now 60%. The final evolution should still only give you 30% less, making it 30% now instead of 50% with the final evolution before.
    envoy1 wrote: »

I'm thinking of going with 2 Drell adepts and 2 Vanguards next *g*

Also I looked and the Tech armor cooldown and, yes, it is 60 default, 30 maxed. Still... much better than it was before.

BrilliantInsanity on
    steam_sig.png

Sixty -40- on Origin for some ME3 goodness.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/brilliantinsanity/
  • Options

Yes and no.

It hits nice and hard and can decimate armor with an AP mod, however even on a Turian, the kickback on it makes it difficult to send multiple shots down range on target. After each shot the crosshair gets gigantic which makes it really hard to double-tap smaller mooks and quick moving enemies like Phantoms.

Love the sound it makes though. Really sounds/feels like a shoulder mounted howitzer.

I said this earlier today, With my Turian I feel like im a walking tank with the Saber. Its the first assault rifle that has been pleasing to me. It helps that he indeed does snipe well on the first shot. And unlike sniper rifles shooting un-scoped gives you full damage. I hate that about sniper rifles.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Reset Powers Card
    - Will no longer drop for you if you have 3 or more of them already

Edit: thank god for that last one. I think I have 3 already, but it's nice to know that future Spectre Packs won't hold any.

GOOD THING I HAVE LIKE 15 - 20 OF THESE THINGS :| *sobs*

I was even netting them in VET packs ffs.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    Just got 4 rares from my Premium Spectre pack!

GPS III
    Reset Power
    Arc Pistol I
    Drell Vanguard

and 5 Medigel.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    So we just got a victory pack and thats it?

I can see a premium spectr kit but it costs dough.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9544143

It looks like every time there's a new patch, they make a new post to the thread, then edit every post in the thread to put the most recent changes in the second post. That's messed up.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    From the thread on the official forum, made me laugh.
    fuji7l wrote...

Really like this patch and am looking forward to more. Patches and tweaks, an easy way to keep a game fresh if it changes the mechanics a bit. Should be interesting to see what can be staggered with tech armour now if it is actually worth purging it.

Should be interesting to see how tech burst is going forward and if all tech teams can do as well as biotic artillery against reapers.

Eric Fagnan, I really hope you have an automated way of doing that post because in a year from now, if you have to copy and paste every post down one, well... that would take the better part of a day lol
    Eric Fagnan (Bioware) wrote...

Yeah tell me about it. I'm starting to regret it already.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    First premium spectre pack: Krogan Sentinel and Quarian Engineer. I hope to god I'm not starting as I mean to go on D:

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9544143

It looks like every time there's a new patch, they make a new post to the thread, then edit every post in the thread to put the most recent changes in the second post. That's messed up.

That must be why I thought the Carnifex/Paladin changes were this patch. The date on it was "31 minutes" ago at the time. I did think it was weird, because the Paladin was 50% heavier than the Carnifex, while the patch said they weighed the same, but I just assumed I was missing something.

Yet another reason (beyond the liquid capacity of Tali's suit) I try to avoid BSN.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    The Victory Pack is certainly a lot nicer this time around. Didn't get the commendation pack yet.

• Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    I wonder if they leave the character cards in there because the genuinely expect you to promote all your characters as soon as they reach 20 or they just want to put filler in to stop your unlock progress.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    I wonder if they leave the character cards in there because the genuinely expect you to promote all your characters as soon as they reach 20 or they just want to put filler in to stop your unlock progress.

I understand they upped the cards rate after people complained about how rare they were in beta but man they went overkill. I'd say easily 1/3 of my rare/uncommons are character cards. I've maxed out almost everything except humans, and even some of those have been maxed. Though oddly I still haven't gotten Salarian Infiltrator.

Either way it's getting really old to open a spectre pack and get yet another race card for something I've already maxed out.

Maybe they do expect people to promote constantly but I have no idea why. I guess some people really care about their N7 score but I couldn't really care less. Probably in a couple days I'll have it capped at 180 (due to promoting 2 classes for the event) and I'll likely stay there forever unless there's another promotion weekend down the road or if I realize I fucked up a build so much that I can't wait for a respec card.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    They just need to make character cards not drop if you have all the appearance options and that class is already at 20

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    So, Krogan Sentinel... Max Tech Armor, max Rage, and then just figure out which other bits make you headbutt more awesomely? I bet that's totally how to do it.

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    So, Krogan Sentinel... Max Tech Armor, max Rage, and then just figure out which other bits make you headbutt more awesomely? I bet that's totally how to do it.

Don't forget to add a knife blade to your shotgun!

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »

Different people have different opinions.

Personally, yes, that's the way to go. Melee focused Krogan Sentinel is really effective even in higher difficulty levels if you play smart. Charge in alone and expect to own everything and you're going to just die. But their high health/shields and tech armor makes them able to take a ton, and played as a team can both be a "tank" and can take hits and are good at getting people back up while under fire.

I've seen them played very effectively at higher difficulties, but I've also seen them played like they think they're on bronze and can solo everything, and are a liability.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10803541/1
    "If you wish to sum up the conclusion of a multi-part epic game series as "Red, Green, and Blue," then feel free to. But please don't then complain that the endings are oversimplified. You are the one who has slapped that label onto it, not us."
    -Stanley Woo
    I'm not sure if that counts as a spoiler. I don't think it does, but eh.