As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Graphics Card Woes- cross posted from Moe's

SentrySentry Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Sorry for cross-posting this, not trying to clutter up the place but I'm getting zero responses there and I know how tech savy and helpful you all are, not to mention beautiful, intelligent, and smell like a field of wild flowers after a spring storm.

So, here's my questions copied directly from the other thread with some minor spelling errors corrected:

Yes, woes. Worse then ennui, not as bad as angst, but woes indeed.

I built a new system in February, including a new one of these: XFX Radeon 6870.
Two days ago I installed the newest drivers for it and suddenly everything went to hell. Now the screen shakes, or does this:
O3oQi.jpg

When I reinstall the driver it might fix it for a bit, but after the system goes to sleep it will all go to hell again.
Is my two month old card borked?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
wrote:
When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
Sentry on

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Yeah that looks like a busted card. XFX has a lifetime warranty, so you should be able to RMA it to them without too much trouble.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    have you tried rolling back the drivers?

my gigabyte 5870 is unstable with like 75% of the catalyst driver releases in the past two years. i was on catalyst 10.5 for ages.

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    I tried rolling it back, but not after deleting the previous ones. Is there a place where I can download older drivers? The AMD website seemed pretty insistant on me using the current ones.

I'm preparing for this thing to be RMA'd, but if there's anything to try before that, I'd like to try it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    When it comes back from sleep, try going into the monitor menus and run the Monitor's auto-adjustment. I have a monitor here that does pretty much the exact same thing.