As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chaos] CitOW game 73

12345679»

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Everything looks correct to me. I forgot the domination tie in BP. I didn't think the 4-way tie for second in The Empire would actually stand, but I also expected to see battle dice there (and maybe in Norsca and/or Badlands), so what do I know? :)

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    And at least if I had played Havoc in BP, MG still would've won by 2, unless he did something differently in response. I'm just going to pretend he wouldn't have and I'd have lost either way so I can feel better(?) about myself.

• Magic GeekMagic Geek Registered User regular
    If you had played Havoc in BP, life gets much more complex.
    Me killing both green guys in Estalia was unlikely.
    Nurgle dominating Tilea and putting an extra point in Estalia is also quite possible.
    If either of those things went wrong, as was quite likely, I score 3 less.
    You having Havoc in BP is a definite +5.
    My 56 would lose to your 57. (unless Estalia got lucky, like it did.)

So I think I would have been forced to stick MR ANGRY into Norsca.
    He would have got at least a hit, and the game would have continued with me not getting 5 points from Badlands, or 1 point from a kill in Bretonnia (because those pieces would not have been there). And most likely not scoring (+1 Kill in Estalia, +3 for equal first).
    So Most likely I mould have been at 49.
    (Ah but I also would have scored +1 Kill in BP, most likely putting me back on 50. With a whole lot of random involved.)

This version of the game is SO much more unpredictable !

So, don't beat yerself up about it.

Thanks guys.
    Thinking about these things helps me stay employed by staring at the computer and pretending to work.

Cheers !

• Gorden858Gorden858 Registered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Gorden858 wrote: »
    My math says: 56 for the Geek, Blah 48, Me 45, visiblehowl 25, Tayrun 23

So gz Magic to you, thanks for hosting Darian and GG to everybody else. Although I would have preferred to win of course, I'm quite content with my performance, keeping in mind that it was only my second go as the Rat. I think I learnt a lot during this game (As the Rat you really want the ruinations distributed over more than on round, because its hard to be everywhere at once and I probably should have kept my cards longer (Most of the time I play Tzeentch and play my cards as soon as possible).

Anybody else more tips for me, so I can beat you next time? ;-)

MG gets 59. I get 52, so I at least break 50, small comfort that it is, VH gets 28, and Tayrun finishes with 32.

I think you played really well, including your cardplay (except maybe those last two in Tilea). You at least gave yourself a chance to win in the last round, which is more than I can say for myself. If multiple regions are ruining in the same turn, that's where The Under Empire comes in handy, although it only works out if the regions are physically adjacent or if Skaven tokens have been placed there at some point. We've seen really big turns for the rat as a result of multiple ruinations + Under Empire, so I wouldn't write that strategy off.

Hmm, obviously my math is pretty bad ^^

Thank you, yes I know the potential of UE but would not have been of much use in our situation. If Bretonnia would have ruined I would have definetely been going that way instead of the Rats. Yes and my Tilea Strategy went badly I know, Khorne didn't act as expected and I somehow underestimated VHs remaining power. But all those heroes and me having highest threat limited my options a little bit.

Anyhow nice play everybody and I'm looking forward to our next confrontation