As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Breath of [Phalla] III - Final Day - Teepo's World (Cultist Victory)

1394041424345»

• sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I don't know exactly what you're talking about but i was trying to make a point out of the fact that, if mafia have cover roles, role calls shouldnt do anything and hence wouldn't need to be outlawed. It feels like people are starting to outlaw role calls more often (or assume they're banned by default) now just because hosts are getting lazy about cover roles which i think is a shame.

There were never cover roles back in the day (this is back in like '08). Honestly, it feels like laziness for the mafia to get cover roles; almost no risk for them at that point other than voting records.
    Games also used to have more villagers.

In general I would agree, however the mafia absolutely need the exact wording of the villager win condition. Then again, i'm also of the opinion that mafia should have to work for a victory rather than having an equal chance as the village.

Yes, I like generic PMs too (but sent out so you know it's started! I've never had it make me miss a day, but I like it check!). I'm just stuck on the idea that covers are just a given. It's really weird to me.
    To have generic PMs, don't you need vanillagers? :P

Not really. Kind of I guess, but if you send everyone that PM, then send out all the roles (to everyone since there could be 0 vanilla)... Fair point tho!

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Oh, look! The next mini is up: forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/159157/the-sandman-phalla-country-signups

I guess we can stop ragging on Akimbo for the mistakes he made in a game where he gave up a major portion of his time every day, for over a week, to provide entertainment for us all.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    This is all moot because Akimbo did provide us with ample cover roles on our proboards. My comment (if anyone is referring to that) on our proboards regarding "role calls" was based on a misunderstanding on my part. I thought a "role call" was basically just telling everyone "contact me with your roles, thanks." That's obviously not what it is, and a simple cover role is fine in that case.
    That is exactly what it is, perhaps announced publicly. The cover roles should be such that they are indistinguishable from regular villagers or the village aligned.

• FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    This is all moot because Akimbo did provide us with ample cover roles on our proboards. My comment (if anyone is referring to that) on our proboards regarding "role calls" was based on a misunderstanding on my part. I thought a "role call" was basically just telling everyone "contact me with your roles, thanks." That's obviously not what it is, and a simple cover role is fine in that case.
    That is exactly what it is, perhaps announced publicly. The cover roles should be such that they are indistinguishable from regular villagers or the village aligned.

Well not if it's one person asking for PMs. Because most people just ignore it safely.

But it's another thing to say "everyone post their roles now in the thread," and then you remove the mafia's ability to hide. If you don't provide a role, you're out. If your role is a dupe, you're out. Statistically, village win. Outside of extreme mechanics.

But in this case it was more "everyone who is x or x, let's chat privately."

The mafia can safely ignore the request or use a cover role.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment