Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Presidential Election Thread] All Hail the Liberty Rooster.

1474850525397

Posts

  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Any Game of Thrones fans? (pics with NSFW text)

    ok the last one got me

  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Any Game of Thrones fans? (pics with NSFW text)

    ok the last one got me

    It won't load on my phone, can you summarize it please? I like things both funny and Game of Thronesy.

  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Yeah, it's mystifying that the republican party's response is to hand wave it away. ...snip....

    Really? Just hand waving it away and saying it isn't a problem is easier for the GOP than trying to actually come up with policies that will get votes from women.

    Plus they can mentally move on and forget about it. Which is why the Democrats need to bring it up conmstantly during the general IMO.

    Its not a bad tactic really. If they ignore it they can let it be forgotten by the media. Then they can tell the undecideds that the GOP and Dems "are no different in the attitude towards women". Invoking the "politicians are all crooks/the same" meme that they peddle so well.

    The undecided being the least well informed part of the public buy into it and either stay home or vote republican because Romney is such a nice compassionate conservative.

    The "Politicians are all crooks/the same" meme is the GOP's best weapon in this election. They can't win on their policies, so their best shot is to pretend that the Dems policies are just as bad. False equivalency is their friend.

    Communicating from the last of the Babylon Stations.
  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Any Game of Thrones fans? (pics with NSFW text)

    ok the last one got me

    It won't load on my phone, can you summarize it please? I like things both funny and Game of Thronesy.

    It's another of those "picture of a candidate plus text from a book/show that they might be saying"; e.g. Palin claiming to be blood of the dragon, Bill Clinton saying Tyrion's confession to whoring etc. The last one is Christie yelling
    Spoiler:

  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Any Game of Thrones fans? (pics with NSFW text)

    ok the last one got me

    It won't load on my phone, can you summarize it please? I like things both funny and Game of Thronesy.

    It's another of those "picture of a candidate plus text from a book/show that they might be saying"; e.g. Palin claiming to be blood of the dragon, Bill Clinton saying Tyrion's confession to whoring etc. The last one is Christie yelling
    Spoiler:

    Ha!

    Ty

  • MillMill Registered User regular
    The only women I can see being cool with this are the Republican women. Do you know if any of this has dampened their enthusiasm with the party?

    Depends on where they fall on the scale of devote republican (aka what percent of sheep are they). The GOP seems to have gotten a bigger hard on for warmongering and fucking over the vulnerable. Then throw in abortion and the fact that the chucklefucks decided to make birth control an issue. I'm sure that's going to either cause a decent percent of GOP women to switch sides or stay home out of disgust. It certainly isn't going to help them with independent women voters, who are going to switch sides and it might just motivated some of the liberal women, who might normally boycott the election to go out to the polls.

    Yeah, the 1% rich bitches that feel better about treating people like shit probably won't budge on who they vote for, they have the money to get what they want anyways. Besides for them it's more about raping our countries long term prospects for the sake of their short term benefits and less about social policy.

    Also the crazies won't be impact either because their insane anyways.
    Mill wrote: »
    Yeah, it's mystifying that the republican party's response is to hand wave it away. ...snip....

    Really? Just hand waving it away and saying it isn't a problem is easier for the GOP than trying to actually come up with policies that will get votes from women.

    Given that women make up over 50% of the population and modern technology makes it harder to hide socially regressive policy moves (I'll admit social media has lots of faults but it does allow the aggressive liberal to get the word out to the average voter on much of the GOP's antics). Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled as to why they opted for the hand waving method because that half of the population will still be able to vote and that approach just alienates them further. I expect the crazy republican sheeple to be stupid, but I would think the party's leadership would still be cognizant enough to realize that alienating the female population to such an extent is political suicide (IIRC they women might have men beat on likelihood of voting as well). This should be especially troubling for them when you factor in that their key demographic is slowly losing it's status as they majority demographic and that they just don't poll well with a number of the other demographic groups.

  • Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    Antifeminism has made great strides in the last 15 years or so. The old feminists ran out of good hot-button issues to fight for while The Man What Keeps You Down spent quite a bit of effort turning the smallfolk against each other.

    Shit like Twilight doesn't help either.

    Thanatos wrote: »
    Goldman Sachs may as well be named COBRA.
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2012
    I wanted to stage an intervention for my mother when she told me she read those books, but I just can't do that when she is 5 states away.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    Some days I just want to smack people with a rolled up newspaper. Or a phone book.
    A folding chair is looking like an attractive option right now too...
  • KiplingKipling Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    The only women I can see being cool with this are the Republican women. Do you know if any of this has dampened their enthusiasm with the party?

    Depends on where they fall on the scale of devote republican (aka what percent of sheep are they). The GOP seems to have gotten a bigger hard on for warmongering and fucking over the vulnerable. Then throw in abortion and the fact that the chucklefucks decided to make birth control an issue. I'm sure that's going to either cause a decent percent of GOP women to switch sides or stay home out of disgust. It certainly isn't going to help them with independent women voters, who are going to switch sides and it might just motivated some of the liberal women, who might normally boycott the election to go out to the polls.

    Yeah, the 1% rich bitches that feel better about treating people like shit probably won't budge on who they vote for, they have the money to get what they want anyways. Besides for them it's more about raping our countries long term prospects for the sake of their short term benefits and less about social policy.

    Also the crazies won't be impact either because their insane anyways.
    Mill wrote: »
    Yeah, it's mystifying that the republican party's response is to hand wave it away. ...snip....

    Really? Just hand waving it away and saying it isn't a problem is easier for the GOP than trying to actually come up with policies that will get votes from women.

    Given that women make up over 50% of the population and modern technology makes it harder to hide socially regressive policy moves (I'll admit social media has lots of faults but it does allow the aggressive liberal to get the word out to the average voter on much of the GOP's antics). Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled as to why they opted for the hand waving method because that half of the population will still be able to vote and that approach just alienates them further. I expect the crazy republican sheeple to be stupid, but I would think the party's leadership would still be cognizant enough to realize that alienating the female population to such an extent is political suicide (IIRC they women might have men beat on likelihood of voting as well). This should be especially troubling for them when you factor in that their key demographic is slowly losing it's status as they majority demographic and that they just don't poll well with a number of the other demographic groups.

    Let's explain it this way. There was a presidential candidate running against an president who was popular initially but got bogged down on an issue that proved to be decisive within the general electorate. The primary had people who agreed with it and some who didn't, but the nominee had taken multiple positions on the issue. He even loaned himself money during the primary to get the nomination. He had a background which was supposedly good for the issues in the race, but that position gets constantly turned against him by the opposing party. The core base wanted someone closer to the party ideals, but ended up with a moderate in more positions than they would have liked.

    So am I talking about Kerry and Iraq, or Romney and health care?

    3DS Friends: 1693-1781-7023
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Most Republican women don't care about abortion or birth control, because they're too old to have kids.

  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Most Republican women don't care about abortion or birth control, because they're too old to have kids.

    They're also wealthy enough it's not really an issue for them. Abortion will always be available for the upper class.

    Lose: to suffer defeat, to misplace (Ex: "I hope I don't lose the match." "Did you lose your phone again?")
    Loose: about to slip, to release (Ex: "That knot is loose." "Loose arrows.")
  • LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Rich people tend to have less kids than poor people. I'm not so sure that labeling "women who use contraceptives" as horrible whores is really such a smart move for the Republican party, which relies on rich voters.

    My guess is they will try to tweak their message to "POOR women who use contraceptives are horrible whores" or something.

    LadyM on
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    It's already started. Poor people lack a moral core, they need the dignity of work to give them that foundation. The only reason people are poor is because of a personal failing of theirs because why else wouldn't you be able to bootstrap your way up.

    Hence why Ann Romney can get pissy when people say she has no idea what the vast majority of mothers go through and her husband can say that single mothers need to work to get federal assistance and no one says boo about it.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Most Republican women don't care about abortion or birth control, because they're too old to have kids.

    There's still a few that haven't aged to the point where they can ignore both of those issues, nor are they wealthy enough to buy their was past the slut shaming hurdles that their party manages to set up. I suppose for this election amongst sane people that still call themselves republican, birth control is probably the only issue that matters, since the majority of pro-lifers have probably abandoned the party at this point. Given that the base isn't excited about Romney, it's not exactly prudent to do things that cause even more people to jump ship since they have to likely make up for a voter deficit and those jumping ship could opt to vote (D) instead of (R) resulting in a need for even more votes.

    I don't expect them to be honest on the issue, I expect to do what AMFE suggested earlier, where it's BS but it doesn't come off as hand waving. Maybe I'm missing something and the hand waving somehow nets them more votes . . . somewhere . . . I'm not entirely sure it's netting more votes in areas that will really help them.

  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    LadyM wrote: »
    Rich people tend to have less kids than poor people. I'm not so sure that labeling "women who use contraceptives" as horrible whores is really such a smart move for the Republican party, which relies on rich voters.

    My guess is they will try to tweak their message to "POOR women who use contraceptives are horrible whores" or something.

    LadyM, let me just say. I like you. You're neat. It's a shame you're probably not rich and thus are obviously a horrible stain on humanity.

  • LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    LadyM wrote: »
    Rich people tend to have less kids than poor people. I'm not so sure that labeling "women who use contraceptives" as horrible whores is really such a smart move for the Republican party, which relies on rich voters.

    My guess is they will try to tweak their message to "POOR women who use contraceptives are horrible whores" or something.

    LadyM, let me just say. I like you. You're neat. It's a shame you're probably not rich and thus are obviously a horrible stain on humanity.

    Does this mean I have to be culled? :(

  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    LadyM wrote: »
    Magus` wrote: »
    LadyM wrote: »
    Rich people tend to have less kids than poor people. I'm not so sure that labeling "women who use contraceptives" as horrible whores is really such a smart move for the Republican party, which relies on rich voters.

    My guess is they will try to tweak their message to "POOR women who use contraceptives are horrible whores" or something.

    LadyM, let me just say. I like you. You're neat. It's a shame you're probably not rich and thus are obviously a horrible stain on humanity.

    Does this mean I have to be culled? :(

    Maybe if you'd stop slutting it up it wouldn't be an issue.

  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, I'm listening to some of Ted Nugent's shit. I love the man's music, but goddamn. "I work with the Secret Service! I conduct raids with them! I train them!"

    This is a guy who admitted to pissing his pants when drafted and ditched out on the Vietnam war, and he measures his strength by killing deer. OH MAN, WHAT A HERO.

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    It's already started. Poor people lack a moral core, they need the dignity of work to give them that foundation. The only reason people are poor is because of a personal failing of theirs because why else wouldn't you be able to bootstrap your way up.

    Hence why Ann Romney can get pissy when people say she has no idea what the vast majority of mothers go through and her husband can say that single mothers need to work to get federal assistance and no one says boo about it.

    I'm wondering how far that will get them.

    On one hand, there are plenty of rubes, who are poor, but don't think they're poor. Ergo they'll eat this shit right up and keep voting against their own interests. The only issue is that I could see many of these morons being the same idiots that will always vote against their own interests to begin with.

    On the other hand, there are plenty of poor people, who know that they are poor, that are going to get really pissed off about this because they won't miss the fact that the GOP is saying they'll fuck them over regardless of how much effort they put in. The only problem is that this group is already saddled with the issue of possible missing their chance to vote because they're too busy working their asses off to survive. The cynic in me also thinks this group is comprised of a fair number of Gen-X and Millennial who already don't vote because they bought into the BS that their vote doesn't matter.

    Short term, it might help the GOP. Long term, I think this will ultimately blow up in their faces, it's hard to say if they'll just get written down in the history books as human scum or if it will lead something more violent where a bunch of them get lynched by the pissed off masses.

  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    It's already started. Poor people lack a moral core, they need the dignity of work to give them that foundation. The only reason people are poor is because of a personal failing of theirs because why else wouldn't you be able to bootstrap your way up.

    Hence why Ann Romney can get pissy when people say she has no idea what the vast majority of mothers go through and her husband can say that single mothers need to work to get federal assistance and no one says boo about it.

    I'm wondering how far that will get them.

    On one hand, there are plenty of rubes, who are poor, but don't think they're poor. Ergo they'll eat this shit right up and keep voting against their own interests. The only issue is that I could see many of these morons being the same idiots that will always vote against their own interests to begin with.

    On the other hand, there are plenty of poor people, who know that they are poor, that are going to get really pissed off about this because they won't miss the fact that the GOP is saying they'll fuck them over regardless of how much effort they put in. The only problem is that this group is already saddled with the issue of possible missing their chance to vote because they're too busy working their asses off to survive. The cynic in me also thinks this group is comprised of a fair number of Gen-X and Millennial who already don't vote because they bought into the BS that their vote doesn't matter.

    Short term, it might help the GOP. Long term, I think this will ultimately blow up in their faces, it's hard to say if they'll just get written down in the history books as human scum or if it will lead something more violent where a bunch of them get lynched by the pissed off masses.

    I'm of the opinion it won't get them very far. It wouldn't get them anywhere if our media had a fucking pair and called them on this shit.

    It will always get them the rube vote, but the rube vote isn't as strong as it used to be.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Maybe if you'd stop slutting it up it wouldn't be an issue.

    Holy shit, you're right! Now I understand . . . sex is for rich people.

    In all seriousness, that seems to be where the GOP is going with this. I've definitely heard the "Poor people are all LAZY and can't control themselves" line before, but usually that's in reference to them having children. This is the first time I've seen the message "Hey poor people, don't have children! But also, don't use contraceptives! Hey, don't have abortions either!" Uhhhhh . . .

  • Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    LadyM wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Maybe if you'd stop slutting it up it wouldn't be an issue.

    Holy shit, you're right! Now I understand . . . sex is for rich people.

    In all seriousness, that seems to be where the GOP is going with this. I've definitely heard the "Poor people are all LAZY and can't control themselves" line before, but usually that's in reference to them having children. This is the first time I've seen the message "Hey poor people, don't have children! But also, don't use contraceptives! Hey, don't have abortions either!" Uhhhhh . . .

    Sex, pleasure, choice, health...

    Basically Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is only for the Noble class.

    Please ignore the declaration of independence and constitution.
    Henroid wrote: »
    Holy shit, I'm listening to some of Ted Nugent's shit. I love the man's music, but goddamn. "I work with the Secret Service! I conduct raids with them! I train them!"

    This is a guy who admitted to pissing his pants when drafted and ditched out on the Vietnam war, and he measures his strength by killing deer. OH MAN, WHAT A HERO.

    Don't forget alleged pedo.

    Thanatos wrote: »
    Goldman Sachs may as well be named COBRA.
  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    LadyM wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Maybe if you'd stop slutting it up it wouldn't be an issue.

    Holy shit, you're right! Now I understand . . . sex is for rich people.

    In all seriousness, that seems to be where the GOP is going with this. I've definitely heard the "Poor people are all LAZY and can't control themselves" line before, but usually that's in reference to them having children. This is the first time I've seen the message "Hey poor people, don't have children! But also, don't use contraceptives! Hey, don't have abortions either!" Uhhhhh . . .

    I'd still accept a hand-out.

    (I'm so sorry)

  • DeebaserDeebaser Lead Frog Rammer Fake Board GamerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Malkor wrote: »
    Well folks, it's on like Donkey Kong
    Spoiler:

    I predict that this will be a perfect storm of hyperbole.
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Also, MITT ROMNEY IS SO FUCKING BAD AT THIS:
    "I'm not sure about these cookies," Mr. Romney said. "They came from the local 7-Eleven bakery or whatever."

    Said of Bethel Bakery's cookies, basically a Pittsburgh institution, when he didn't even try the food.

    http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-south/bethel-bakery-runs-cookiegate-special-after-romney-diss-631969/

    Eh, it would be nice if politicians didn't have to try and pretend to like every food from some well known local establishment. I would hope that no one would take his cookie slight and factor it into their decision for president, but who am I kidding? This is 'Merica!

    The point isn't that he didn't like the cookies, the point isn't that he compared a local landmark to a chain of low-quality mass produced cookie-like food product, it's that he just doesn't care.

    Seriously, he can't even be bothered to think about the people he wants to represent as President. He literally doesn't give a shit. Obama eating at a Five Guys is a photo-op, certainly, but at least he'll eat the damn burger. I don't know for sure if he cares, but at least he tries to pretend to do so. There are a bunch of big things and a million little things that impact the lives of every day Americans. Asking the President to have an in-depth understanding of all of them is vain and selfish and unreasonable. But the very least we can expect from our President is that, when presented with something that is important to people, he tries to a least fake interested.

    I guess what I'm saying is; what he said doesn't bother me all that much, but he could at least have the decency to lie.




    I had to look it up. I actually lost a little bit of respect for the President here. WHO THE FUCK ORDERS LIKE THAT? It's Five Guys. The menu isn't complicated. Hurry the fuck up, asshole Mr. President!

    Deebaser on
  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    Gotta be honest, for a while after that happened, every time I ate at a DC Five Guys I hoped Obama would walk in and we'd be burger buddies.

  • LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    When I was in Seattle scouting for apartments, all of a sudden a million cop cars and motorcycles descended out of nowhere and closed a bunch of streets. And as I was standing there wondering WTF was going on, the Presidential motorcade went by. It was pretty awesome.

  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    George Bush Jr. almost stopped in my town but apparently there were security concerns.. or something. I dunno.

  • DeebaserDeebaser Lead Frog Rammer Fake Board GamerRegistered User regular
    I have an intense and probably irrational dislike of people that are indecisive with regard to ordering lunch. You get to have another one tomorrow. It's not a big deal. He shouldn't need to call a cabinet meeting to order burgers. Just get a bunch of all american Lettuce/tomato/onion/ketchup/mustard/pickles with or without 'murican cheese. I guarantee his staff would not complain.

    Being burger buddies with Barack would be baller. :bz

  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »


    I had to look it up. I actually lost a little bit of respect for the President here. WHO THE FUCK ORDERS LIKE THAT? It's Five Guys. The menu isn't complicated. Hurry the fuck up, asshole Mr. President!
    I love that he orders one for Brian Williams, too.

  • lonelyahavalonelyahava One day, I will be able to say to myself "I am beautiful and I am perfect just the way I am"Registered User regular
    LadyM wrote: »
    When I was in Seattle scouting for apartments, all of a sudden a million cop cars and motorcycles descended out of nowhere and closed a bunch of streets. And as I was standing there wondering WTF was going on, the Presidential motorcade went by. It was pretty awesome.

    When i was in DC with Ecco back in january 2010, we were walking from the Mall towards the White House. We actually ended up on a weird side street thing. And then, suddenly, Police officer. We were told to stand still, and keep our hands out of our pockets. We stood there for like 10 minutes or so, and then motorcade. I was so gutted because my camera was in my pocket and I didn't want to get shot by the police officer.

    But still. Motorcade. SO COOL.

    That same trip, we were doing the last tour of the day for the Capital Building (so fucking cool) and as we were coming out of a room the guide moved us back a bit and then this gaggle of police and reporters walked past. And suddenly, in the middle of the gaggle, Nancy Pelosi. !!! I was also too slow with the camera for that one as well. but still! So. Cool.

    Gods I love DC.

  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Malkor wrote: »
    Well folks, it's on like Donkey Kong
    Spoiler:

    I predict that this will be a perfect storm of hyperbole.
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Also, MITT ROMNEY IS SO FUCKING BAD AT THIS:
    "I'm not sure about these cookies," Mr. Romney said. "They came from the local 7-Eleven bakery or whatever."

    Said of Bethel Bakery's cookies, basically a Pittsburgh institution, when he didn't even try the food.

    http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-south/bethel-bakery-runs-cookiegate-special-after-romney-diss-631969/

    Eh, it would be nice if politicians didn't have to try and pretend to like every food from some well known local establishment. I would hope that no one would take his cookie slight and factor it into their decision for president, but who am I kidding? This is 'Merica!

    The point isn't that he didn't like the cookies, the point isn't that he compared a local landmark to a chain of low-quality mass produced cookie-like food product, it's that he just doesn't care.

    Seriously, he can't even be bothered to think about the people he wants to represent as President. He literally doesn't give a shit. Obama eating at a Five Guys is a photo-op, certainly, but at least he'll eat the damn burger. I don't know for sure if he cares, but at least he tries to pretend to do so. There are a bunch of big things and a million little things that impact the lives of every day Americans. Asking the President to have an in-depth understanding of all of them is vain and selfish and unreasonable. But the very least we can expect from our President is that, when presented with something that is important to people, he tries to a least fake interested.

    I guess what I'm saying is; what he said doesn't bother me all that much, but he could at least have the decency to lie.




    I had to look it up. I actually lost a little bit of respect for the President here. WHO THE FUCK ORDERS LIKE THAT? It's Five Guys. The menu isn't complicated. Hurry the fuck up, asshole Mr. President!
    I assume that by "like that" you mean "in person" because that shit is crazy.

    Fill out your order on your phone, hit submit when you're 8 minutes out, walk in, say two words, grab all the malt vinegar you can carry, and get the hell out. There's people in there!

    Automata-Sg.png
  • Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Also, MITT ROMNEY IS SO FUCKING BAD AT THIS:
    "I'm not sure about these cookies," Mr. Romney said. "They came from the local 7-Eleven bakery or whatever."

    Said of Bethel Bakery's cookies, basically a Pittsburgh institution, when he didn't even try the food.

    http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-south/bethel-bakery-runs-cookiegate-special-after-romney-diss-631969/

    Eh, it would be nice if politicians didn't have to try and pretend to like every food from some well known local establishment. I would hope that no one would take his cookie slight and factor it into their decision for president, but who am I kidding? This is 'Merica!

    The point isn't that he didn't like the cookies, the point isn't that he compared a local landmark to a chain of low-quality mass produced cookie-like food product, it's that he just doesn't care.

    Seriously, he can't even be bothered to think about the people he wants to represent as President. He literally doesn't give a shit. Obama eating at a Five Guys is a photo-op, certainly, but at least he'll eat the damn burger. I don't know for sure if he cares, but at least he tries to pretend to do so. There are a bunch of big things and a million little things that impact the lives of every day Americans. Asking the President to have an in-depth understanding of all of them is vain and selfish and unreasonable. But the very least we can expect from our President is that, when presented with something that is important to people, he tries to a least fake interested.

    I guess what I'm saying is; what he said doesn't bother me all that much, but he could at least have the decency to lie.




    I had to look it up. I actually lost a little bit of respect for the President here. WHO THE FUCK ORDERS LIKE THAT? It's Five Guys. The menu isn't complicated. Hurry the fuck up, asshole Mr. President!
    I assume that by "like that" you mean "in person" because that shit is crazy.

    Fill out your order on your phone, hit submit when you're 8 minutes out, walk in, say two words, grab all the malt vinegar you can carry, and get the hell out. There's people in there!

    Elitist.

    Boring7 on
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Goldman Sachs may as well be named COBRA.
  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    Five Guys does make me feel a little bad for people with severe peanut allergies; I imagine that walking through the door to them would be like walking into a swarm of invisible bees.

    They will never taste God's fries.

  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Boring7 wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Also, MITT ROMNEY IS SO FUCKING BAD AT THIS:
    "I'm not sure about these cookies," Mr. Romney said. "They came from the local 7-Eleven bakery or whatever."

    Said of Bethel Bakery's cookies, basically a Pittsburgh institution, when he didn't even try the food.

    http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-south/bethel-bakery-runs-cookiegate-special-after-romney-diss-631969/

    Eh, it would be nice if politicians didn't have to try and pretend to like every food from some well known local establishment. I would hope that no one would take his cookie slight and factor it into their decision for president, but who am I kidding? This is 'Merica!

    The point isn't that he didn't like the cookies, the point isn't that he compared a local landmark to a chain of low-quality mass produced cookie-like food product, it's that he just doesn't care.

    Seriously, he can't even be bothered to think about the people he wants to represent as President. He literally doesn't give a shit. Obama eating at a Five Guys is a photo-op, certainly, but at least he'll eat the damn burger. I don't know for sure if he cares, but at least he tries to pretend to do so. There are a bunch of big things and a million little things that impact the lives of every day Americans. Asking the President to have an in-depth understanding of all of them is vain and selfish and unreasonable. But the very least we can expect from our President is that, when presented with something that is important to people, he tries to a least fake interested.

    I guess what I'm saying is; what he said doesn't bother me all that much, but he could at least have the decency to lie.




    I had to look it up. I actually lost a little bit of respect for the President here. WHO THE FUCK ORDERS LIKE THAT? It's Five Guys. The menu isn't complicated. Hurry the fuck up, asshole Mr. President!
    I assume that by "like that" you mean "in person" because that shit is crazy.

    Fill out your order on your phone, hit submit when you're 8 minutes out, walk in, say two words, grab all the malt vinegar you can carry, and get the hell out. There's people in there!

    Elitist.

    See, if we were in person and in a noisy environment like 5 Guys, you'd be seeing me struck with mild panic as I struggled to determine if I had heard you correctly, or if you said "you eat this?", why you might have said either of those completely unrelated sentence fragments, what the intended implications might have been for them, and what I should say or do to appear to be responding appropriately in as many of those permutations as possible; and quickly because I've just realized this is taking far too long and, oh god, am I making my thinking face? People always think you're angry when you make your thinking face! Just do something, it doesn't matter!

    And that response is usually a smile and a half nod.

    so

    :)


    ArbitraryDescriptor on
    Automata-Sg.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax Bondage Discipline Spider-Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Jesus, taking and making the president's order would have to be the most stressful workday ever. I hope he never shops at my store, especially if I were on the demo station.

    Fencingsax on
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it
  • CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    LadyM wrote: »
    In all seriousness, that seems to be where the GOP is going with this. I've definitely heard the "Poor people are all LAZY and can't control themselves" line before, but usually that's in reference to them having children. This is the first time I've seen the message "Hey poor people, don't have children! But also, don't use contraceptives! Hey, don't have abortions either!" Uhhhhh . . .

    Vows of perpetual virginity for all poor people.

    Or possibly that right-wingers have a problem with logic.

  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    LadyM wrote: »
    In all seriousness, that seems to be where the GOP is going with this. I've definitely heard the "Poor people are all LAZY and can't control themselves" line before, but usually that's in reference to them having children. This is the first time I've seen the message "Hey poor people, don't have children! But also, don't use contraceptives! Hey, don't have abortions either!" Uhhhhh . . .

    Vows of perpetual virginity for all poor people.

    Or possibly that right-wingers have a problem with logic.

    Stand by for Abstinence-only job placement programs to help channel their sin and sloth into pride and, when they're proud enough, the moral authority to breed.

    ArbitraryDescriptor on
    Automata-Sg.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    LadyM wrote: »
    In all seriousness, that seems to be where the GOP is going with this. I've definitely heard the "Poor people are all LAZY and can't control themselves" line before, but usually that's in reference to them having children. This is the first time I've seen the message "Hey poor people, don't have children! But also, don't use contraceptives! Hey, don't have abortions either!" Uhhhhh . . .

    Vows of perpetual virginity for all poor people.

    Or possibly that right-wingers have a problem with logic.

    Poor people have no moral core. Their vows mean nothing. They need to be chemically neutered.

  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    LadyM wrote: »
    In all seriousness, that seems to be where the GOP is going with this. I've definitely heard the "Poor people are all LAZY and can't control themselves" line before, but usually that's in reference to them having children. This is the first time I've seen the message "Hey poor people, don't have children! But also, don't use contraceptives! Hey, don't have abortions either!" Uhhhhh . . .

    Vows of perpetual virginity for all poor people.

    Or possibly that right-wingers have a problem with logic.

    Poor people have no moral core. Their vows mean nothing. They need to be chemically neutered.

    "Three generations of imbeciles is enough." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

This discussion has been closed.