As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Presidential Election Thread] All Hail the Liberty Rooster.

1919293949597»

• Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    The more I look at that thing, the less I understand it.

I'm glad it's on the last page. With any luck I'll forget it when the next stupid thing is posted.

one_nation_under_God.jpg

You're welcome.

Also, fun interactive version! Can you find Satan in the picture?

I found the green man!
    greenman.jpg

There was a fun time on fark a while back making fun of that one.
    And of course, the parody interactive version by David WIllis.

Sorry, this one always amused me.

• RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    Romney pointing out that the economy should be doing better is just so comical to me, given his proposed solutions.

It's like a programmer confidently stepping up and saying that the algorithm should complete in 2 seconds rather than 5, and that by gum, he knows how to fix it. You ask him for details and he explains that he wants to put twizzlers into the DVD tray because twizzlers are delicious and they will make the computer work harder.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Here's something crazy: why are liberals in government afraid of the wealth redistribution label?

Yes I do fucking want it redistributed downward, it's the only sensible thing to do given where this is heading.

Democrats are shitty at changing the public's mind. The media is a large obstacle to overcome, as well. That and the party would rather flip liberals the bird rather than admit they have a good idea.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Also, the phrase "redistribution of wealth" is very firmly affixed to Karl Marx and various implementations of communism in the American memescape. Given that a nontrivial number of voters still have Red Scare programming, willfully accepting a communist-flavored label is political suicide.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    I firmly believe it would take all of 4 years, 12 at most, to reverse that trend, because that's all it took with Reagan. But you'd need overwhelming media coverage to reverse their trend of "pretend capitalism = god." And since they're all owned by corporate kleptocrats, good luck.

This discussion has been closed.