Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Double Dragon (XBLA, PSN) by Way Forward announced

TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Games and Technology
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/122/1222234p1.html
Already showing some chops in the old-school department with their work on Shantae and Contra 4, developer Wayforward Technologies revealed that they are working with Majesco to bring an updated take on the classic side-scroller Double Dragon to Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation Network. Double Dragon: Neon is an aptly-named 80s style reboot of the beloved franchise and is scheduled to release this July.

Double Dragon: Neon pits players as the familiar Lee brothers, Billy and Jimmy, as they fight to save Marian from a villain named Skullmageddon (Best. Name. Ever.) The gameplay is the same brand of 2D side-scrolling popularized by the original game several decades ago, albeit with even more of a wild, 80s flair.

tba-double-dragon-neon-20120403044154613_640w.jpg

jbcl37j7eaR4Qf.jpg

Immediate purchase for me. I cannot wait to hear the inevitable remix of the Double Dragon theme, one of the best songs in all of gaming. I also like the art style - it SCREAMS late 80's. The original Double Dragon, along with the original Shinobi, are 2 of the most cheesy-80's fashion games I can recall. when I want to transport myself back to 1988-1989, I just pop either of those games into my Sega Master System and relive the glory days. These screens capture that feel wonderfully, especially the mullets on Jimmy and Billy.

I wonder if the twist ending will still be in.

TheSonicRetard on