As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    SWORDS

SWORCERIES

THESE ARE THE WEAPONS OF WARRIORS

You there, you're a warrior, right? Would you like to win a copy of Sword and Sworcery? Then come, sit by the fire. I have two copies of the game to give out - one for a champion of swordplay, and one for a master of sworcery. I ask but one thing of you, adventurer - an epic portrait, to commemorate you on the walls of this cave. We're in a cave, by the way. I don't know if I established that.

Edit a picture of yourself to display yourself wielding one (1) or more (More) swords in battle, or conjuring terrible and almighty sworcery. Artistic ability is not required, though artistic vision will earn you many points. The best sword picture and the best sworcery picture as judged by me on the criteria of "which seems best" will both receive a copy of the game. These will be shared with the class so make sure you're comfortable with that!

This contest will run until 4 PM Pacific tomorrow. Entries should be PMed to me (I needed a name to post.). Get sworcering!

BEHOLD

CHAMPIONS

So as it turns out no one is a goddamn sworcerer but you know what? Maybe two swords are just what this world needs.

Congratulations to @Frem and @vegeta_666 for winning their copies of Sword and Sworcery! As soon as friend invites are accepted, you can expect your prize.

The winning entries are below!
    Frem:
    0Cx73l.jpg

Vegeta:
    tumblr_m2lp7dEbR21qzkzzfo3_1280.jpg

Glory to all! Go buy Sword and Sworcery.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PartizankaPartizanka Registered User regular
    Medals and Awards of Classiness to @aerynkelly for the gift of War in the Korean Theatre.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
    Who cheer when soldier lads march by
    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
    The hell where youth and laughter go

Steam - Partizanka | Live - Partizanka
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I may be being retarded, but where do I find the manual to Blood Bowl LE I got from steam? Clicking on manual in my library just takes me to a pdf of the tabletop rules. Cute but particularly useful when you to check what the various league options and such are.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I may be being retarded, but where do I find the manual to Blood Bowl LE I got from steam? Clicking on manual in my library just takes me to a pdf of the tabletop rules. Cute but particularly useful when you to check what the various league options and such are.

in steam/steamapps/common/blood bowl legendary edition/manual/

Though, the tabletop rules PDF is the main important one regardless.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

in steam/steamapps/common/blood bowl legendary edition/manual/

Though, the tabletop rules PDF is the main important one regardless.

indeed, LRB6 is the current one though Cyanide does not strictly adhere to it either.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Cheers!

And don't worry. I'm well conversant with the tabletop rules. I'm a veteran of the triple skull for many a year.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Anyone played the choplifter game? Is it a sidescroller (looks like it) shooter?

I loved SimCopter, would love something similar, but this looks not really similar.

I actually never played simcopter so can't make a comparison but you might be interested in checking out BIS'S Take on Helicopters.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/65730/
    I have heard simcopter bandied about about that game BUT I can't recall if in the manner of "nothing like" or "kinda similar":) Try the demo if your interested:)

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Cheers!

And don't worry. I'm well conversant with the tabletop rules. I'm a veteran of the triple skull for many a year.

If you have any other questions feel free to pop into our little Thread:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/149822/blood-bowl-legendary-edition-rolling-into-double-skulls#Item_3567

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Less than an hour left:

signature.png

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    SWORDS

SWORCERIES

You there, you're a warrior, right? Would you like to win a copy of Sword and Sworcery? Then come, sit by the fire. I have two copies of the game to give out - one for a champion of swordplay, and one for a master of sworcery. I ask but one thing of you, adventurer - an epic portrait, to commemorate you on the walls of this cave. We're in a cave, by the way. I don't know if I established that.

Edit a picture of yourself to display yourself wielding one (1) or more (More) swords in battle, or conjuring terrible and almighty sworcery. Artistic ability is not required, though artistic vision will earn you many points. The best sword picture and the best sworcery picture as judged by me on the criteria of "which seems best" will both receive a copy of the game. These will be shared with the class so make sure you're comfortable with that!

This contest will run until 4 PM Pacific tomorrow. Entries should be PMed to me (I needed a name to post.). Get sworcering!

BEHOLD

CHAMPIONS

So as it turns out no one is a goddamn sworcerer but you know what? Maybe two swords are just what this world needs.

Congratulations to @Frem and @vegeta_666 for winning their copies of Sword and Sworcery! As soon as friend invites are accepted, you can expect your prize.

Frem:
    0Cx73l.jpg

Vegeta:

Woo! Thank you good sir! I've been looking forward to playing this.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Quite a number of Dota 2 giveaways over on Steamgifts.

And thanks Harvest, for the chance to win Avernum!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Quite a number of Dota 2 giveaways over on Steamgifts.

Yeah, I noticed that. I wonder what gives.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I got some keys for it today, so I presume a bunch of people with accounts also got keys.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    yea i think they released a ton of invites

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    SWORDS

SWORCERIES

BEHOLD

CHAMPIONS

Frem:
    0Cx73l.jpg

Vegeta:

Truly, I needed a name to post/CommUnist Vampire Economics is a case stUdy in generoswordity and classcery, as well as names containing many syllables. Thank yoU!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    harvest wrote: »
    Less than an hour left:

signature.png
    @harvest is one classy cat....thing. Thanks!
    harvest.gif

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Say @Spoit can you shop the big version of my avatar from my profile page?

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    ctrl-f5

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    signature.png

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    signature.png

Wow, talk about classy!

Nice job sir.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    signature.png

Great game, and classy guy.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    And so. The first snowball in the great handgimp avalanche tumbles down the mountainside.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Hmmm, I already have it on 360, I'm going to defer to anyone who owns it not.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I know there's a Blood Bowl thread, but I'd rather ask here.

How is the blood bowl game? I've been eyeballing it for a while, since I like football and the concepts around the teams. But how friendly is it to a new player?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Ashe wrote: »
    mts wrote: »
    so this looks kind of neat

though , sounds kinda assassins creed steampunk edition

http://youtu.be/Bl71_0sUQqQ

Oh, hello.

Tentatively excited about this, but considering how much I disliked Mirrors Edge, I'm not too keen on that it is apparently first person.

Still, I think it could be done right.

Personally, I'm in the opposite camp. When I heard of Beth doing an AssCreed game, I all but facepalmed. But it being first person... helps, precisely because I loved Mirror's Edge to hell and back and anything that lets me have more Mirror's Edg gameplay is at least worth a look.

Bethesda isn't making the game, Arkane Studios is. Bethesda is only publishing it.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    @Corpekata is the classiest baddest santa.
    Thank's for the gift of Kings Bounty!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    FYI, our credit card that was on file with valve during the hack just had a fraudulent charge placed on it. I don't know if it was compromised from the hack, but figured I would throw the info out to you all. No problems here. Got it fast and it's being cleared up but just passing on the info.

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »

How is the blood bowl game? I've been eyeballing it for a while, since I like football and the concepts around the teams. But how friendly is it to a new player?

I second this question. I asked in chat, and people were generally positive, but I'd love to know more people's thoughts.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Sircarcass and Toysofdeth I sent your games on GG. Toys I just sent the first KB in case others wanted a shot at the other games, but if no one does and you'd like them I'll toss the sequel your way

Still have these up for grabs on Gamersgate:

Men of War
    King's Bounty: Armored Princess
    King's Bounty: Crossworlds
    Steel Storm Burning Retribution
    Cardinal Quest

• Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Cardinal Quest

...sure, I'll give this one a shot. Thank you, sir!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    quote is not edit grr

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnakinOU wrote: »
    Cardinal Quest

Friend me on GG, name is Corpekata over there too.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    signature.png

Please dear god let me finally win this one

daddy needs a new pair of greaves
    aerynkelly wrote: »
    oh I could have given you that one, darn it. If you want the first let me know.

I didn't want to ask since you already gave me Rig N Roll. But if you're just aching to get rid of the first one I'd be happy to give it a loving home right next to it's younger brother.

Seriously people, if you like SPAZ, get Space Rangers 2 Reboot.
    Sircarcass and Toysofdeth I sent your games on GG. Toys I just sent the first KB in case others wanted a shot at the other games, but if no one does and you'd like them I'll toss the sequel your way

Thank you! I have a lot of sleepless nights in my immediate future, so this will help.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

Men of War
    Cardinal Quest

King's Bounty is like TBS, right?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    anoffday wrote: »

Men of War
    Cardinal Quest

King's Bounty is like TBS, right?

King's Bounty is turn based, yes. It's like the Heroes of Might and Magic series, except more of a focus on the RPG aspect rather than strategy. There's not much town management (and less resource management), there's a persistent world as opposed to the campaign mission structure of that series, but the general basis of gameplay is pretty similar. The RPG focus means a more streamlined story (though it's really not much to write home about) which could probably turn off some fans of the genre since the genre has traditionally had multiple factions and scenarios to pursue.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    AnakinOU wrote: »
    Cardinal Quest

Friend me on GG, name is Corpekata over there too.

Received. Thanks, man!

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    The only internet access I'm going to have for a while is going to be on my phone, so since I'll have some free time I think I'll start writing a Let's Play for Farming Simulator 2011.

Also, thank god offline mode actually works now, otherwise I would be hosed.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I know we're talking about Dishonored because the Steam thread is basically just a giant PC gaming thread where people happen to give each other Steam games and then Handgimp gives away even more games, but we have a bona fide Dishonored thread full of people like me who would love to talk about the game without cluttering up this thread and making it harder to find out how many copies of Skyrim Handgimp is giving away this time. Come join us!

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Khildith wrote: »
    Penumbra wrote: »

I second this question. I asked in chat, and people were generally positive, but I'd love to know more people's thoughts.

For multiplayer? You will get destroyed forever unless you are some sort of savant. And were talking "playing against 12 year old CoD player" destroyed, where you get called names that question your sexuality before, during and after. If you can handle the rage that game causes, and can have fun getting trounced over and over, I say go for it because you are going to have fun. but the game is so completely unforgiving it should come with an attachment to just stomp you directly in the crotch. This pretty much goes for singleplayer too. Also this isnt really football, its more "kill/main the other team while keeping a ball away from them and maybe getting it 10 squares to the other side of the field if you are lucky". Otherwise the rules are easy to learn, hard to master(tatic/strategy wise). I'd recomend waiting on a steam sale for the "full edition".

Maybe I am just in a bad mood tonight, but I would have to say Crimcraft's achivement for the TF2 hat got me there. That game is awful, and I am sorry to anyone who bought it at retail for 50$.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    its the best interpretation of the blood bowl rules available without actually going out and buying the rulebook and some old pieces

This discussion has been closed.