As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Died During [chat] Creation

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    from wikipedia
    Since his retirement from international rugby, Williams commenced work as a presenter on S4C's Six Nations rugby programme Y Clwb Rygbi Rhyngwladol

Those are not words
    Vowels in Welsh are like the S in Sclub. They transcend definition and are just whatever is in your heart!

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    Chat.

What's the genre for bands in the vein of Radiohead, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, The Fray etc? It seems there would be a specifc term.

Apart from quality, obviously.

Dadrock?

Whiney?

Emo?

Angst-ridden doom-merchants?

I figure I could take a bear.
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Abdhy, it's spelled "dorf"

• mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Chat.

What's the genre for bands in the vein of Radiohead, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, The Fray etc? It seems there would be a specifc term.

Apart from quality, obviously.

Eh, it's kind of just 'alternative' - I don't think it quite reaches 'shoegazer' levels.

mindspork on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    gonmun wrote:
    well i slept like ass...

At least there's something to cheer me up, I woke up and the Masters of the universe movie was on... God, i remember watching that movie so much when I was a little kid!

Frank Langella was awesome as Skeletor.

Funnily enough, the last thing i saw Dolph Lundgren is was hobo with a Shotgun...

It makes so much sense. He-Man is a delusional hobo with a sword.

21stCentury on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    That list seems to be "Background music for people without opinions. Also: Radiohead"

You might as well ask what the genre is for U2, Keane, De La Soul and Fleet Foxes.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

according to tolkien if the old english plural had survived it would be Dwerrow

ftOqU21.png
    People who spell it "dorf" should be put into forced labour camps. Forced labour camps without the internet.

Abdhyius wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »

according to tolkien if the old english plural had survived it would be Dwerrow

Fuck the dwemer. Just saying.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    how dare you cast aspersions on de la soul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzbNWpcsDg0

the greatest work of art of the last century... maybe

obF2Wuw.png
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Some time back I said that the US did not seem to have kebabs and that this was to its detriment

people were all no we totally do

and yet here we sit and like none of you know doner kebab

The same thing happens if you talk about kettles.

Most of us cook with smaller pots on stoves nowadays.

De la Soul were the out of place good band in that list!

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    gonmun wrote:
    well i slept like ass...

At least there's something to cheer me up, I woke up and the Masters of the universe movie was on... God, i remember watching that movie so much when I was a little kid!

Frank Langella was awesome as Skeletor.

Funnily enough, the last thing i saw Dolph Lundgren is was hobo with a Shotgun...

It makes so much sense. He-Man is a delusional hobo with a sword.

That would explain his choice in clothes I suppose. :P

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    Actually. I know the genre for all that stuff.

"Shitty WB Thursday Drama Soundtracks"

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    People on the internet suggest the most boring settings. The three most wanted are WWII, feudal Japan and Egypt. They're kind of the three worst settings for an AC game.

I agree with Egypt and WWII, but what's so bad about Feudal Japan? I'd think climbing pagodas and castles would be exciting, no? Was Feudal Japan not filled with those? :P

I still think an AC game where you're a ninja would've been neat. i am stupid like that. :P

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

Bland and safely inoffensive rock.

People on the internet suggest the most boring settings. The three most wanted are WWII, feudal Japan and Egypt. They're kind of the three worst settings for an AC game.

I agree with Egypt and WWII, but what's so bad about Feudal Japan? I'd think climbing pagodas and castles would be exciting, no? Was Feudal Japan not filled with those? :P

I still think an AC game where you're a ninja would've been neat. i am stupid like that. :P

Serioulsly. Ninjas v the Shogunate.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    So apparently there's a lot of hubub up here in the North East about fracking. Some scientists are linking the recent east coast earth quakes (large ones) with fracking. Interesting.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

All of those sound like they could have been interesting. WWII might be a stretch, and it's overplayed, but hell yes, Egyptian assassin.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Climbing trees and cliffs in the american wilderness and getting the drop on enemy generals is going to be kickass though.

I also fully expect a lot of 2012 New York shenanigans in the sequel.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    bowen wrote: »
    So apparently there's a lot of hubub up here in the North East about fracking. Some scientists are linking the recent east coast earth quakes (large ones) with fracking. Interesting.

I thought that was all tinfoil hat stuff.

Interesting.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    mindspork wrote: »

Serioulsly. Ninjas v the Shogunate.

Plus, you'd learn the japanese way of saying "Rest in peace".

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

that would be extremely clichéd

ftOqU21.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    they should have done early victorian london

with their approach to historical technology... steampunk assassins yo

obF2Wuw.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Interesting.

http://www.ewg.org/analysis/usgs-recent-earthquakes-almost-certainly-manmade

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So I watched Terminator through all they way for the first time the other night.

The entire time, I was thinking, "A subtler approach to getting rid of Sarah Connor might have been more effective."

mrflippy on

that would be extremely clichéd

Yeah, i guess. but it still would be hella fun.

also if hes going native style hed be more pro the british than the americans... which i bet wont happen

real targic

obF2Wuw.png
    What i wonder is if they'll keep the AC franchise going after AC3. it's such a fun franchise.

also if hes going native style hed be more pro the british than the americans... which i bet wont happen

real targic

Conspiracies link George Washington to The Bavarian Illuminati, which is much more likely to be on the side of the Templars / Abstergo than the assassins.

Washington could totes be the bad guy in this game.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    There are other ninja games though.

Revolutionary Paris
    Civil War England
    Victorian London
    fin de siècle Heidelberg
    Constantinople

... would all be better.

Egypt would be cool too.

WW2 would be rubbish. WW1 Germany would be cool.

I figure I could take a bear.
    What i wonder is if they'll keep the AC franchise going after AC3. it's such a fun franchise.

I think the official word is that AC3 is the last "Desmond" AC game.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

"Some scientists" say that the grand canyon was caused by the flood.

I find it had to believe that fracking would do anything to cause earthquakes. Maybe if you were fracking on a fault line, Superman style.

Lh96QHG.png
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Does EA want money? Does the Pope shit in the woods?

aRkpc.gif

real targic

Conspiracies link George Washington to The Bavarian Illuminati, which is much more likely to be on the side of the Templars / Abstergo than the assassins.

Washington could totes be the bad guy in this game.

Yeah, but could you imagine the backlash?

"NEXT UP ON FOX : Why your child's new video game is not only a murder simulator, but un-american as well."

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Ugggh...we've hit the time of year year the sun shines DIRECTLY INTO MY FUCKING WINDOW in the morning and of course the shades are stuck...

Im sitting in the office wearing sunglasses to compensate. I am the most hipstery corporohumanoid.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Moving from 128kbps to 320kbps on this soundtrack has proved such an amazing improvement. Or maybe the 128 was just terribly encoded.

aRkpc.gif
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I thought Kebabs implied food on stick. Gyros are not skewered. I must study this more at the Falafel House.

Interesting.

http://www.ewg.org/analysis/usgs-recent-earthquakes-almost-certainly-manmade

Isn't this all "The amount of fracking went up, and the number of earthquakes went up"?

I'd be interested to read more, but prima facie this screams correlation != causation.

This discussion has been closed.