As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Died During [chat] Creation

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    So apparently there's a lot of hubub up here in the North East about fracking. Some scientists are linking the recent east coast earth quakes (large ones) with fracking. Interesting.

"Some scientists" say that the grand canyon was caused by the flood.

I find it had to believe that fracking would do anything to cause earthquakes. Maybe if you were fracking on a fault line, Superman style.

You'd have to frack in the great plains to avoid a fault line.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I thought Kebabs implied food on stick. Gyros are not skewered. I must study this more at the Falafel House.

Doner Kebab/Shwarma is the term for the giant roasting spit they slice the gyro meat off of.

• mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    There needs to be a game where you have to assassinate someone on the Hindenburg.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    also if hes going native style hed be more pro the british than the americans... which i bet wont happen

real targic

Conspiracies link George Washington to The Bavarian Illuminati, which is much more likely to be on the side of the Templars / Abstergo than the assassins.

Washington could totes be the bad guy in this game.

AC2 Spoilers
    One of the glyph puzzles in AC2 definitely points George Washington as a Templar who used his piece of Eden to control people and start the revolution

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    mrflippy wrote: »
    There needs to be a game where you have to assassinate someone on the Hindenburg.

AC would be cool because desmond could bitch about how this was all pointless

ftOqU21.png
    mindspork wrote: »
    So apparently there's a lot of hubub up here in the North East about fracking. Some scientists are linking the recent east coast earth quakes (large ones) with fracking. Interesting.

I thought that was all tinfoil hat stuff.

Interesting.

http://www.ewg.org/analysis/usgs-recent-earthquakes-almost-certainly-manmade

Isn't this all "The amount of fracking went up, and the number of earthquakes went up"?

I'd be interested to read more, but prima facie this screams correlation != causation.

Sort of like how the amount of CO2 went up the amount of global climate change went up!

No but, we should probably stop fracking and look into it. And break our dependency on fossil fuel and call it a motherfucking day. No more gas cars = no more fracking.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I thought Kebabs implied food on stick. Gyros are not skewered. I must study this more at the Falafel House.

Doner Kebab/Shwarma is the term for the giant roasting spit they slice the gyro meat off of.

That's what a shwarma is? My mind is fucking blown.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

I find it had to believe that fracking would do anything to cause earthquakes. Maybe if you were fracking on a fault line, Superman style.

I think you rather missed my point. Unless I'm horribly misinformed about how both fracking and earthquakes work, I'm not really sure of the connection between the two.

But hey, if it gets fracking stopped, I'm not sure I'm too concerned about it. The oil industry likes to lie about climate change and such, fire with fire I guess.

Lh96QHG.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2012
    also if hes going native style hed be more pro the british than the americans... which i bet wont happen

real targic

Conspiracies link George Washington to The Bavarian Illuminati, which is much more likely to be on the side of the Templars / Abstergo than the assassins.

AC2 Spoilers
    One of the glyph puzzles in AC2 definitely points George Washington as a Templar who used his piece of Eden to control people and start the revolution

Yeah, Ubisoft will totally go there with making Washington the "bad guy,"

I think the main development team is in France, and they have offices all over the world working on the series. What little backlash they will get for writing a "conspiracy" story will be minimal compared to the fuckawesome sales they will have.

Also, because of their international team, they don't face the cultural inertia internally that would challenge that kind of plot.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

real targic

AC2 Spoilers

I think the main development team is in France, and they have offices all over the world working on the series. What little backlash they will get for writing a "conspiracy" story will be minimal compared to the fuckawesome sales they will have.

Also, because of their international team, they don't face the cultural inertia internally that would challenge that kind of plot.

Nope, AC is developed here in Montreal in Jolly Ol' Quebec, Canada.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    mrflippy wrote: »
    So I watched Terminator through all they way for the first time the other night.

The entire time, I was thinking, "A subtler approach to getting rid of Sarah Connor might have been more effective."

Well yeah, but "cyborg from the future travels back in time and cuts a waitress's brake lines" does not a good action movie make.

• LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular

real targic

AC2 Spoilers

One is reminded of MW2.

The fact that
    the bad guy is American, and almost all the heroes aren't, or die terribly,
    didn't seem to hurt its sales.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    It's not like earthquakes are the only reason not to frack. I am astounded that we could even debate the topic.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I think I understand the rage of the English soul a little better now having visited a highway rest, toilet and food stop during a public holiday. It was rammed with people and given the size of the vehicle queue and park I'd guess over a thousand people were milling about inside and out

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Ugggh...we've hit the time of year year the sun shines DIRECTLY INTO MY FUCKING WINDOW in the morning and of course the shades are stuck...

Im sitting in the office wearing sunglasses to compensate. I am the most hipstery corporohumanoid.

I remain jealous of people with windows.

Psn:wazukki
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i stopped playing assassins creed around brotherhood so i probably wont experience it anyway

obF2Wuw.png

I think you rather missed my point. Unless I'm horribly misinformed about how both fracking and earthquakes work, I'm not really sure of the connection between the two.

But hey, if it gets fracking stopped, I'm not sure I'm too concerned about it. The oil industry likes to lie about climate change and such, fire with fire I guess.

Generally you flood an oil rich shale zone (?) with water to push oil out of it. Water being more dense than oil would cause shifting as it permeates and replaces it. Plus, it pollutes the shit out of ground water doing this.

That's about the skinny as far as I know.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    It's not like earthquakes are the only reason not to frack. I am astounded that we could even debate the topic.

We weren't debating whether or not to stop fracking, we were debating whether or not fracking can cause earthquakes.

I'm astounded you missed the distinction :p

Lh96QHG.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    i stopped playing assassins creed around brotherhood so i probably wont experience it anyway

They are still very, very fun games.

I need to play Revelations, but brotherhood was a solid experience from tip to tail, constantly adding new things to do at a steady pace as to not overwhelm, yet ending up even more massive in scope and function than GTA: San Andreas... with a much, MUCH cooler city.

SW-4158-3990-6116

We weren't debating whether or not to stop fracking, we were debating whether or not fracking can cause earthquakes.

I'm referring to the national/regional debate that has been occurring for the past several months/years. It's a big topic in my area and I hear it on the radio all the time.

edited April 2012
    Leitner wrote: »

real targic

AC2 Spoilers

One is reminded of MW2.

The fact that

I think there's a difference between that and 'the bad guy being a Founding Father, someone the GOP falls over itself to impale themselves on his historical wang.

Wasn't there a big bitch session when one of those COD/MW/DERP games out and you could play as the Taliban and shoot Real Amurricans?

mindspork on
    I think there's a difference between that and 'the bad guy being a Founding Father, someone the GOP falls over itself to impale themselves on his historical wang.

Wasn't there a big bitch session when one of those COD/MW/DERP games out and you could play as the Taliban and shoot Real Amurricans?

They were going to call them that, but the military pulled backing, and stopped it from being sold on any of their property, so they didn't.

Which sort of makes you question the tight links between a medium with that kind of penetration among young poor men, and the glorification of war, but eh.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    You could really make a good ancient conspiracy plot out of Washington and the bitter fight between the federalists and the democratic-republicans.

aRkpc.gif
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    One day I will buy all the Assassin's Creed games for like, 10 bucks off steam.

Then I might play them.

Psn:wazukki

I'm referring to the national/regional debate that has been occurring for the past several months/years. It's a big topic in my area and I hear it on the radio all the time.

Ah, well that one has a really simple explanation:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMLcxT6Y9JqtZki-TkfJckqftOMem7Sg5pdS5xCoZegTF1XBpIeg

Lh96QHG.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    Ugggh...we've hit the time of year year the sun shines DIRECTLY INTO MY FUCKING WINDOW in the morning and of course the shades are stuck...

Im sitting in the office wearing sunglasses to compensate. I am the most hipstery corporohumanoid.

It's not all roses and sunshine.

sunshine.jpg

It's just FUCKING SUNSHINE.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

real targic

AC2 Spoilers

One is reminded of MW2.

The fact that

Was he?
    Wasn't the bad guy Makarov - a Russian.

PSN: Honkalot

sunshine.jpg

you have those thin perforated light diffusing shades, right?

Those barely do shit, I hate them. Whomever decided those were better for the office than some nice venetian blinds can blow me.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    edited April 2012

They were going to call them that, but the military pulled backing, and stopped it from being sold on any of their property, so they didn't.

Which sort of makes you question the tight links between a medium with that kind of penetration among young poor men, and the glorification of war, but eh.

I played "America's Army" when it came out.

I'm surprised the next MW isn't sponsored by the US ARMY.

mindspork on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    them 1%ers get the real sun

sunshine.jpg

FALSE.

Those light aberrations clearly resemble rose petals.

Sure am glad we've got offshore drilling. It is so much simpler. "Fracking" causes zero problems for us. It's just like, ground water pollution? What ground water?

ftOqU21.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Sure am glad we've got offshore drilling. It is so much simpler. "Fracking" causes zero problems for us. It's just like, ground water pollution? What ground water?

Yeah, when your entire rig is surrounded by water you don't have to worry about hunting around for ground water to pollute.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

sunshine2.jpg

Yeah, when your entire rig is surrounded by water you don't have to worry about hunting around for ground water to pollute.
    It's okay, when your land is overrun by trolls and nissen, you don't worry about small things like water pollution.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I mean, Benjamin Franklin's grandson really publicly accused Washington and the then-President John Adams of being secret collaborators with the British all along and that they had been planning a secret aristocratic takeover of the United States.

And now even as Republican France liberates all of Europe, clearly secret conspiracies have arranged for the young nation to break its alliance and fight with the British crown against freedom and liberty. What horror! As dark forces in Europe arrange for the collapse of the République Française, your task is to not only end this grave evil but crush the Federalist party in America forever, ushering in a glorious but regretfully brief golden age.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
    you have those thin perforated light diffusing shades, right?

Those barely do shit, I hate them. Whomever decided those were better for the office than some nice venetian blinds can blow me.

They do even less when they're stuck. Good thing maintainence can stiop by this afternoon well after this fireball fades from view and Im gone for the day.

FALSE.

Those light aberrations clearly resemble rose petals.

Touche sarks...

Honk wrote: »

real targic

AC2 Spoilers

One is reminded of MW2.

The fact that

Was he?
    He was one and possibly three. It was General Shepard in two.

Takes far less to pollute ground water than the sea.

also lots of geological mumbo-jumbo about how the water they spray down there doesn't really escape up, fluids not being easily able to being the precise problem you're trying to solve by fracking

it helps that there's a salt layer about a kilometre thick beetween the reservoirs and the ocean above it.

ftOqU21.png
    Honk wrote: »

real targic

AC2 Spoilers

One is reminded of MW2.

The fact that

Was he?
    He was one and possibly three. It was General Shepard in two.
    the one kind of bad guy americans love more than scary foreigners are scary americans. A loooooot of american bad guys in your stuff.

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.