As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Died During [chat] Creation

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    should I start another novella with a less ridiculous plot and serious focus on writing plenty of description to go with the dialog

y/b

I'm going to go with no.

"Plenty of description" is not a good thing. "Sufficient description" is.

when you're writing a Zelda/chewbacca slashfic there's not such thing too much description

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Isn't Titan basically just a big ball of fossil fuels

No. They're not fossil fuels :P

well they're obviously not from organic life but hydrocarbon based compounds that are very similar to fossil fuels :P

Y'all don't know.

Raptor Jesus could have visited Titan, too.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    should I start another novella with a less ridiculous plot and serious focus on writing plenty of description to go with the dialog

y/b

I'm going to go with no.

yes, well, I'm aiming for plenty in hopes that I'll get to sufficient, given the ratio I tend to have

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    Abby have you even done any engineering stuff?

It's a fairly challenging degree, and you don't even know if you like it enough to dedicate most of your waking life to it yet no?

When would I have done any engineering stuff? I'm 20!

And I'm not torn beetween engineering and not engineering

I do want to be an engineer. I'm just not sure what kind.

Work experience, classes in college, or other contact with the field?

I'm just saying, I've seen a couple people going into Uni, with a single self actualised perception of what they wanted to be (med students in this case, but eh) and then realise that wait, they actually sort of hate this.

The fallout wasn't pretty.

I haven't gone to college. That is why I'm deciding now what to study. How would I have had college classes?

but anyway. I have friends who have started college, and it's not like I have no inkling what engineering is about. And it's about the kind of thing I like.

ftOqU21.png

well they're obviously not from organic life but hydrocarbon based compounds that are very similar to fossil fuels :P

Just say hydrocarbons.

yo momma a hydrocarbon

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    On the other hand Abd: I have a friend who went to college to be an engineer and now he helps makes spaceships.

So, do what sounds interesting Abd :D

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

y/b

I'm going to go with no.

when you're writing a Zelda/chewbacca slashfic there's not such thing too much description

hawt

Lh96QHG.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Scotch Sure Start tape is magic. It feels like the only thing resisting when I pull a length of tape away is static electricity. So smooth.

Just say hydrocarbons.

ftOqU21.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Maybe we should skip over Mars and just go to Titan?

or Europa

What if there isn't a liquid sea under the ice anyway

then you're stuck there getting irradiated by jupiter

You're all wrong.

We should crash comets into Venus until enough of it's atmosphere is sheared off for it to cool the fuck the down and develop some oceans.

The planet thereafter practically terraforms itself.

I mean come on: all we have to do is what we're good at - cause some planet-ending cataclysms.

We aren't good at that! We haven't even made one!

What we've done is like, turning the thermostat a little high, compared to burning down the house.

We need to get ambitious.

Are you implying bombarding another world with comets is not ambitious?

or Europa

You're all wrong.

We should crash comets into Venus until enough of it's atmosphere is sheared off for it to cool the fuck the down and develop some oceans.

I mean come on: all we have to do is what we're good at - cause some planet-ending cataclysms.

What we've done is like, turning the thermostat a little high, compared to burning down the house.

ftOqU21.png

y/b

I'm going to go with no.

yes, well, I'm aiming for plenty in hopes that I'll get to sufficient, given the ratio I tend to have

Hmm, that makes sense. I'm going to echo Inquisitor and say just write, it will come naturally on its own. Just finish, leave the editing for laterz.

Lh96QHG.png
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    On the other hand Abd: I have a friend who went to college to be an engineer and now he helps makes spaceships.

I mean really, what options are there?

ftOqU21.png

You could get an English degree like me and become a fam-bwhahahaahahahahaa okay yeah don't get an english degree.

or Europa

You're all wrong.

I think the people of the South Pacific might disagree with you.

More like we're filling the house with smoke, but we've also locked ourselves inside of it and there's a large portion of us who refuse to open the windows.

Lh96QHG.png

or Europa

You're all wrong.

It's too.... simple.

We should shear the atmosphere off Venus, using Mars. Transfer it, somehow.

ftOqU21.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

y/b

I'm going to go with no.

Hmm, that makes sense. I'm going to echo Inquisitor and say just write, it will come naturally on its own. Just finish, leave the editing for laterz.

With all respect to Carrot, the last time he just wrote resulted in some very "rough" dialogue which dominated his passages. He needs guidelines, one of those being rely less on dialogue.

Space elevator from Europa to Venus

• LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular

You could get an English degree like me and become a fam-bwhahahaahahahahaa okay yeah don't get an english degree.

English and Philosophy. C'mon bro.
    I've recently found out that this is a massively applicable skill set for my future career as a DC. Fuck the haters and etc.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm afraid no one will play ME3 multi once I want to.

Which is tonight. I want to ME3 Multi tonight. my gamertag is 'spool32 austin'

You have my Ax

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

or Europa

You're all wrong.

It's too.... simple.

Just build a pipe and pump it from Venus to Mars until they both have the right amount of atmosphere. Then we have three habitable planets!

edited April 2012

or Europa

You're all wrong.

More like we're filling the house with smoke, but we've also locked ourselves inside of it and there's a large portion of us who refuse to open the windows.

Haha. No.

Look, anything we're able to do to our planet right now is a piss in the ocean compared to what mother nature herself has done.

"Planet ending cataclysm" is very, very, very, very far from making it a slightly less nice place to live.

We could detonate every single nuclear weapon we have and it still wouldn't impress the earth. As extinction events go, it would be a minor one.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png

or Europa

You're all wrong.

It's too.... simple.

Giant rocket attached to Mars?

Or a rope with one end tied to Mars and the other tied to the Sun... isn't that what string theory is working on?

Lh96QHG.png
    Deebaser wrote: »

You have my Ax

Warning! I will be hilariously bad.

Looking at around 9PM Central

English and Philosophy. C'mon bro.
    I've recently found out that this is a massively applicable skill set for my future career as a DC. Fuck the haters and etc.

Hopefully my english degree is serving my well while people in Japan read over my application.

I just wish they'd yell me yes or no already.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Spool, send me a friend request. Gamer tag in sig.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

You have my Ax

As long as you don't jibber jabber endlessly about politics, I don't mind wiping a whole bunch.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Venus is a terrible idea for terraforming. and wouldn't crashing comets into it increase its atmosphere? make things even worse there from a habitability standpoint.

The Earth likes to do things like make the entire ocean spew poison all over killing some 80% of all species alive.

ftOqU21.png
    Bogart wrote: »
    Spool, send me a friend request. Gamer tag in sig.

Done. xbox.com is useful!

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

or Europa

You're all wrong.

Gotta stick with our strengths.

u7stthr17eud.png

or Europa

You're all wrong.

Haha. No.

Look, anything we're able to do to our planet right now is a piss in the ocean compared to what mother nature herself has done.

"Planet ending cataclysm" is very, very, very, very far from making it a slightly less nice place to live.

We could detonate every single nuclear weapon we have and it still wouldn't impress the earth. As extinction events go, it would be a minor one.

That's some nice GOP logic you're using. You are aware of course though that you're completely wrong?

Lh96QHG.png
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2012

or Europa

You're all wrong.

Haha. No.

uh, man induced climate change is kind of a big deal. it's quite possible that the oceans will become too acidic for life if things keep heading in the direction they're going. I think that would count as "major".

Dynagrip on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    I thought you were in Quizzy?

Or am I thinking of Simonwolf?

I want to play brobox ME3 multi. Goddamn post office is closed.

ftOqU21.png

You have my Ax

As long as you don't jibber jabber endlessly about politics, I don't mind wiping a whole bunch.

hahah no. I do not stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.

or Europa

You're all wrong.

Haha. No.

That's some nice GOP logic you're using. You are aware of course though that you're completely wrong?

ftOqU21.png
    i wish i could play games at work but i'd totes get in trouble.

@Bogart has a billion gamerscore.

This discussion has been closed.