As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Syrup

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Drell Adept is basically "Hey, can someone detonate this stuff for me?"

Oh and ninja flips

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Drell Adept is basically "Hey, can someone detonate this stuff for me?"

Oh and ninja flips

Where as my human soldier is like "Dude, don't your bullets explode?"

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I really dislike pubs sometimes when I'm playing my infi.

It's like, dude, I got this side. Make sure our flank isn't being overrun (which it is) instead of clipping into me and making the game off-center my shot.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Bitches! I am home! And drunk!

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Wow, I didn't know that Americans were actually super-pissed about the CSIRO suing everyone for the infringement of the wi-fi patents.

Though I suspect most of them also have no clue that the CSIRO is actually the publically-funded research arm of the Australian government.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Bitches! I am home! And drunk!

I am at a hotel and drunk. This worries me as it is 10am

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Drunk at 10am on a Sunday is the best camouflage in Bristol. If you can find some handmade trousers and a rusty bike you'll be indistinguishable from a local..

(I do actually quite like the place, but the people are odd)

(and now it's time to go and have Easter food. Chocolate fish and so forth.)

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    I've been thinking about efforts to legislate morality. It seems to me that efforts to completely stamp out sin by banning the sinful thing in question rarely work. We are human beings, we all have base drives, so sinning is inevitable. The problem with stuff like abstainance only education is you now have no safety net for when it fails. It's an all or nothing battle against biological impulses. By having all the efforts directed towards preventing the act you find yucky, I don't perceive how you plan to protect people from the consequences of carrying out the act in spite of the law. As long as the sin stops at the other guy's nose, to mangle a saying, sure it's better to protect everyone, including the sinner where possible, from the consequences of sin? I'm not saying you can't advise people not to sin, but in that regards plan for the worst hope for the best feels like the optimal solution.

I dunno, maybe this doesn't make sense.

If we shouldn't be legislating morality, what precisely should we be legislating?

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Drunk at 10am on a Sunday is the best camouflage in Bristol. If you can find some handmade trousers and a rusty bike you'll be indistinguishable from a local..

(I do actually quite like the place, but the people are odd)

(and now it's time to go and have Easter food. Chocolate fish and so forth.)

This town is pretty eccentric and also full of visiting drunks, being drunk.

I remember drinking with some Belgians and then some Hungarians

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    I've been thinking about efforts to legislate morality. It seems to me that efforts to completely stamp out sin by banning the sinful thing in question rarely work. We are human beings, we all have base drives, so sinning is inevitable. The problem with stuff like abstainance only education is you now have no safety net for when it fails. It's an all or nothing battle against biological impulses. By having all the efforts directed towards preventing the act you find yucky, I don't perceive how you plan to protect people from the consequences of carrying out the act in spite of the law. As long as the sin stops at the other guy's nose, to mangle a saying, sure it's better to protect everyone, including the sinner where possible, from the consequences of sin? I'm not saying you can't advise people not to sin, but in that regards plan for the worst hope for the best feels like the optimal solution.

I dunno, maybe this doesn't make sense.

If we shouldn't be legislating morality, what precisely should we be legislating?

I dunno if that was the right phrasing. It's kinda like, there are people who try to sweep vice under the rug, and when the vice continues to happen, their all or nothing approach means we aren't in a good position to mitigate the damage.

It's complicated, and no one-size-fits-all philosophy will fit, so that's why I'm pondering it.

• Options
    Seems the hard disk on my RAID that went down really is fucked.

Also I've noticed the Seagate's which have been reporting bad sectors have been correctly reporting reallocated sector counts to me. The Western Digital's seem content to not report anything until there's a disaster.

Anyway, this seems like a good opportunity to buy myself a set of disks to use as a backup set.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Fuck fuck fuck. I went to bed at midnight, slept a mere four hours, and been awake in bed since 4am.

Why? In large part because I'm worrying about whether I'll see a girl I like enough over the course of this summer. It's the dumbest thing to worry about, and it's making me lose tons of sleep.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Wow, I didn't know that Americans were actually super-pissed about the CSIRO suing everyone for the infringement of the wi-fi patents.

Though I suspect most of them also have no clue that the CSIRO is actually the publically-funded research arm of the Australian government.

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, ELM?

• Options
    NZ and Australia seem to copy each other with department names, so they have CSIRO, we have DSIRO, they have DFAT, we have MFAT etc

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    boop boop im a joop

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    well that certainly was an eventful few hours!

went to this awesome party with a killer techno set. (it's like the one good place in NYC you can go for good techno)

got ANOTHER booty call from my friend who lives in my neighbor I made the somewhat ill-advised decision to sleep with, even though she's really hot

went back to techno-girl's place for a bit, had some fun, but the bed was small and she had to be up early so we made plans to meet up later in the week

get back to my place, and neighbor girl, who has my spare set of keys, is passed out in my bed naked

OH BOY!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    this assignment is really making me feel like a dumb dumb

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Tav wrote: »
    import com.penny-arcade.forums.letUsHelpYou;

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    Tav wrote: »
    import com.penny-arcade.forums.letUsHelpYou;

We're making a processor in logisim. I'm googling the part I'm supposed to make, and all I can find are people who did this in Minecraft.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    is poshniallio around

i want to see if i can abuse him in fallen london

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUjOg6EUgQs

I mean really, look at this shit. How do people do it? This is ridiculous.

• Options
    Podly wrote: »

went to this awesome party with a killer techno set. (it's like the one good place in NYC you can go for good techno)

got ANOTHER booty call from my friend who lives in my neighbor I made the somewhat ill-advised decision to sleep with, even though she's really hot

went back to techno-girl's place for a bit, had some fun, but the bed was small and she had to be up early so we made plans to meet up later in the week

get back to my place, and neighbor girl, who has my spare set of keys, is passed out in my bed naked

OH BOY!

I'm getting more and more suspicious about your claimed life Podly. But if it is fiction, you should relate it to a 13/14 year old demographic.

• Options
    d/w elm you wouldnt believe if i told you what i was doing right now

namely playing with this awesome matchbox car

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Also, I kind of like it that Baal's masterplan was essentially undone by his kind of cultural indoctrination by Earth.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Damnit, the rat ogre models I want are only in the WHFB starter box. Bit of a pain to buy the whole box just to use those two minis.

Basically I want to turn these

m1340684a_60010299005_ENGIoBModels6_873x627.jpg

into this

tumblr_m0tnrv64DI1qc5x4oo1_500.png

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Happy Easter morning [chat]!

I have my Dunkin Donuts coffee and a couple of donuts, even though I am at work, things are p good.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Podly wrote: »

OH BOY!

I'm getting more and more suspicious about your claimed life Podly. But if it is fiction, you should relate it to a 13/14 year old demographic.

You can pull off a string of crazy in this city if you want to, and you have the confidence to back it up.

I had a few months of off the wall stuff happen before I fell into my long term relationship.

Plus, Podly is a looker. Pretty sure his story is legit.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    The only part of his story I question is that there is only one good place in the entirety of the city for Techno.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Baal said a lot of stuff that he couldn't back up

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Korean Eddy is so pretty when he sleeps.

• Options
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »

You should be streaming him. People pay good money for live sleeping

Not sure if serious.

• Options

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular

*creep*

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Baal said a lot of stuff that he couldn't back up

Man who cares. I could listen to him talk for hours.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Eeeeeepppp!

Kalkino on
  • Options

Not sure if serious.

Rich insomniacs in the same timezone and day traders in Tokyo, principally

• Options

Not sure if serious.

Rich insomniacs in the same timezone and day traders in Tokyo, principally

• Options
    Lyrics: "A streamlined direction"

What I hear: "A streamlined erection"

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Is Panda some kind of weird Antivirus academicals use. Get Microsoft Security Essentials.

Anyway, when you start the installation does it give you a screen where it asks if it's an upgrade or a custom install? You want to do the custom install.

i did that and got to that screen i posted

And you started the installation by booting off the disc, not from inside Windows?

Sarksus I only get that screen when installing from inside windows, booting from disc doesn't even get that far

I gave up- the reinstall worked and now I am basically just deleting crap off my harddrive manually

fiancee is going to be pissed all the bookmarks are gone

oh well

@Arch, something isn't working correctly if you can't get to the install screen when booting from the disc. That's supposed to be the primary way of running the installer.

• Options
    Finding spam in H/A is easy. Just look for ancient threads that got bumped.

This discussion has been closed.