As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Winchester Boys

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I noticed that trend too, Cilla

I'm pretty sure they do stop it (though crazy vampire murderering hunter dude comes back at some point, I think)

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    cilia oh man

just

oh man

7656367.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I need to stop watching this show late at night though

it does a good job with creepy ass faces and having them jump out at you, and that just doesn't fly over as well at 3 am as it does at 3 pm.

uggggg
    another Gordon episode

dude is a prick

but now I've said that watch him die or something in this episode

cilla you fat.baby

7656367.jpg
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Yeaaah Supernatural does not treat its black characters well

hey now janson
    rufus gets to be cool

7656367.jpg
    ahaha

jesus hunter is fantastic

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    hey now janson
    rufus gets to be cool

also joshua was badass

oooh shit (s3 speculation)
    is that the Colt Bobby is working on? Wonder if he can manage to create bullets for it. Probably won't get fully powered ones out of it, but I could see it making a return later in a lesser powered form somehow.

Or it's just another old gun with a similar case.

got damn I gotta stop reading speculations

they make me giggle so much

7656367.jpg
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    bluh, i hate when they try to hard to make dean seem like a hardass man's man awesomepooptypants

'you know i hate to agree with authority figures of any kind but,"eyerooooooooooooll

mensch-o-matic on
    ooooh man

ghostfacers

ghostfacers

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    REady guys?

GHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

facerrrrrs

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    cilia oh man

just

oh man

This is the correct response.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    SPECULATION: Sam and Dean get married and Sam gives birth to a MANDROID

I need to stop watching this show late at night though

it does a good job with creepy ass faces and having them jump out at you, and that just doesn't fly over as well at 3 am as it does at 3 pm.

I've told this story before but

After a marathon Supernatural session, Mori and I go to bed, but I can't sleep. So I take my nightlight and read in bed.

All of a sudden Mori sits up, opens his eyes, points into the kitchen (we had a studio apartment with the kitchen partially partitioned off) and says, 'why are those two people standing there?'

Yeeeaaah... I dived under the covers and didn't emerge until morning.

hey

hey @janson
    boo

7656367.jpg
    S3 is a wrap and I'm one episode into 4
    The S3 finale wasn't as much as I expected it to be the way people were building up the season. I didn't get as into the main storyline as I expected. Lilith was a much less interesting antagonist than Azazel or whatever the yellow-eyed demon's name was.

Overall though its the best season so far. Ghostfacers was just fantastic, and the general quality of all the episodes was good. It's disappointing to hear the other seasons never get as high, because nothing rocked my socks off as far as the core story went in S3.

The S4 intro was pretty rad. Angel dude seems like he'll be interesting, and they got a good actor for him. Dude has a look to him where you just know he's a crazy zealot. I'm not feeling the new actress for Ruby, but maybe she'll grow on me. She only got like 5 minutes of screentime this episode.

I'm caring less and less about Sam and his psychicness as the story goes on though. It doesn't put me off as much as when they first introduced it in S1, but it's still becoming increasingly boring. His relationship to Dean and particularly Ruby are the most engaging things he's got going for him right now.

what're you referring to, TLB? It's been a long time since I watched season 3

ZONNIE DO NOT FUCKING CLICK THIS SPOILER

ALSO, ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS NOT SEE SEASON THREE

IT WILL RUIN A FUCKING RADICAL MOMENT
    dean asks ruby what hell is like, and she says the movie hellraiser got it right

finale has dean in hell, chains and hooks pulling his face apart

I am really glad that I didn't know about this show until seeing the start of season 4.

Because, holy shit the season 3 finale is ten kinds of fucked up. I would not have wanted to be left hanging like that.
    Kinda like Dean!

dohohoho!

250px-StatlerAndWaldorf.jpg

Castile is the best

Oh and thanks auto correct :x

Wait what the HELL is that smiley

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    :-bd

I used that clip to show supernatural to one of my friends, Still (goes by last name). Soon as the teddy appeared, he had this "Death by snu snu" look on his face, like he couldn't tell if he should be laughing or crying the entire time. IT was fantastic.

What is it with this show and kids

I've never seen another thing in television that didn't actually feature children include so many

Like every 3rd episode has some kid in it. They must pay off hell of child actors.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Man, I'm loving the Sin City episode right now.

Love It!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    What is it with this show and kids

I've never seen another thing in television that didn't actually feature children include so many

Like every 3rd episode has some kid in it. They must pay off hell of child actors.

Because children can be creepy as fuck.

jkZziGc.png
    edited April 2012
    my judgement of seasons of this show are based heavily on how crazy I think the next season will be after the finale, as long as how crazy I think it could be.

season one:
    thought it'd be neat if sam died because well, first season actors get replaced a lot. have dean and john hunt yellow eyes and also poltergeist sam

season two:
    i thought after the aftermath of the roadhouse and psychic kids, it'd be neat if jo and ellen started hanging with bobby so sam and dean had this jacked up family to mess with, leading to a twisted norman rockwell picture at the end of the world for the season three finale

season three:
    Sam and Hendrickson: Buddy cops.

season four:
    Fallout: Winchester Edition. Only, instead of mutants it would be the horrors of hell everywhere. I figured, if you are going to end an arc/series, why not have it be post-apocalyptic but bublical style.

season five:
    Wait are they gonna do evil ghost sam like I predicted?

season six:
    If all this leads to old testament vengeful god cas, it'll all be worth it not having cthulu. Or better yet old testament god vs the old gods!

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I need to stop watching this show while eating dinner. Have to pause before every jump scare so I can swallow and avoid choking.

• freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    I dunno, I never thought it was that scary. You watch enough episodes and you can tell exactly where the jump scares are gonna be. Like, they'll round a corner, and there will be nothing there... obviously something is going to come up behind them and go BOO and maybe look all scary. The only times I found it kind of hard to watch were the crazy gory parts, like that one police officer's skin sloughing off and then he dissolves into goo. Eugh.

I suppose I find it more spooky than scary? A few of the episodes continue to disturb me - Bloody Mary (I'm not a fan of mirrors anyway) and the Changling episodes in particular.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    I suppose I find it more spooky than scary? A few of the episodes continue to disturb me - Bloody Mary (I'm not a fan of mirrors anyway) and the Changling episodes in particular.

even the ridiculous movie monster changeling?

The children changelings... uuuuuuugh, so creepy!

I guess the show can't be *that* scary if I've been able to watch 5 seasons of it, even though I do have to have the lights on and Mori in the room with me. But a few of the spookier moments have definitely stuck around in my mind.

Yeah after maybe 5 or 6 episodes the way they set up the jump scares becomes super obvious because it essentially never changes. But an expectation of a jump scare doesn't necessarily mean it isn't going to get you. Especially with the faces. This show has some creepy fucking faces, which is especially impressive because they're all made with obvious, budget, television CGI.

Anyway I'll probably take a break from the show with Fez out.

Oh - this show does the best special effects with the budget it has that I think I've ever seen. It's one thing they handle really, really well.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I really, really love this show's music selection.

They use a lot of great classic rock in a lot of great ways.

I just finished the Christmas episode in season 3 and it was awesome.
    Plus the Pagan gods in it might be one of my favorite monsters so far in the series.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Oh God, a Groundhog Day episode