As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Winchester Boys

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Alright, yeah

Cas is pretty great, you guys
    "I'm there now."

"Great, yeah."

"I'm going to hang up now."

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    oh goddamnit

season six, ep 16
    rufus :(

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    oh goddamnit

season six, ep 16
    rufus :(

I knew it would happen eventually. Actually took longer then I expected.

• Options
    Yeah, I agree. But he always had me laughing

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jefferson Starships

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Alright, yeah

Cas is pretty great, you guys
    "I'm there now."

"Great, yeah."

"I'm going to hang up now."

I have to go now, the voice is telling me I'm almost out of minutes.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Man, the actor who plays Death is amazing.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Haha! Ellsworth!
    Too bad he only lasted 11 seconds

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Man, the actor who plays Death is amazing.

Yes, all interactions with Death are very good.

• Options
    Just finished season 6. Interesting ending.

• Options
    Man, Raijin, how'd you blow through all the episodes so quick? I don't wanna watch the last five cause then what do I do until season 7?

• Options
    Man, Raijin, how'd you blow through all the episodes so quick? I don't wanna watch the last five cause then what do I do until season 7?

It's pretty much all my wife and I have been watching since we started. I think the season finale of 7 is this week. Then we'll watch that and be all caught up for next season.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I finished 5 last night and am a little ways into 6
    I thought that, despite my issues with Sam, 5 was the most well constructed season of all. Didn't have quite the peaks of previous seasons, but it did the best presenting a plot device then building up on that device all the way to the resolution at the end. Previous seasons have very much been all about dancing around the issue then resolving it abruptly in the last two episodes. Felt way more natural in this one.

I really feel bad about not guessing that Chuck was God. It's pretty obvious, in hindsight. Death was pretty excellent. This show has always done a fantastic job with character actors and they didn't disappoint with him.

4 episodes into Season 6 and unless things get worse I don't think it'll be a bad season. The Bobby episode was, as advertised, excellent.

• Options
    Season 6 really grew on me. I didn't like the first half at all but by the end it leveled out and was a pretty decent season.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    dear cilia and everyone, really, re: chuck
    chuck was not god. he was a prophet. when a prophet's work is done, they ascend to heaven.

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    chuck was not god. he was a prophet. when a prophet's work is done, they ascend to heaven.
    yeah

God is not in this show at all ever in an form

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    yeah

season seven spoiler:
    not true. cas was god for a hot second in season six/season seven when he had leviathan in him and was unexploded.

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    yeah

season seven spoiler:
    not true. cas was god for a hot second in season six/season seven when he had leviathan in him and was unexploded.
    he just said he was

he wasn't really, he was just superpowered from all the souls

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    rob benedict said he got a call from a producer asking him how it felt to be a god.

not saying that he is, nor saying that a producer has authority over fiction in that form, but that's a thing

• Options
    For the record, I never thought that about Chuck.

• Options
    yeah

season seven spoiler:
    he just said he was

he wasn't really, he was just superpowered from all the souls

screw you it counts

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    This is the season finale this week, right?

• Options
    never trust a producer, anti

ever

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    never trust a producer, anti

ever
    i trust no one

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    re:chuck
    i guess i wasn't paying attention because i don't remember the last with Chuck vanishing or whatever. But i think it'd be very lack lustre if that was the embodiment of god in the show

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    oh hey more specifically re: chuck
    eric kripke asked rob benedict that question, as well as other cast members

• Options
    This is the season finale this week, right?

yes

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    if you wanna get technical, cas notes that the names of all prophets are burned into his mind, that's how he knows chuck is a prophet

• Options
    if you wanna get technical, cas notes that the names of all prophets are burned into his mind, that's how he knows chuck is a prophet
    ah okey dokes

• Options
    if you wanna get even more technical, i'm pretty sure cas would recognize god

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    he has never even been in his presence though

only the arch angels and joshua have

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    also isn't there that necklace dean has or something that's supposed to do something near god?

that didn't really go anywhere did it. It's been forever since i saw it so i don't remember where that came from anyways

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Continuing Season 3. I like the Christmas Episode with Ma and Pa Kettle as bloodthirsty Druidic demons.

It also seems that this season has really upped the gore.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    also isn't there that necklace dean has or something that's supposed to do something near god?

that didn't really go anywhere did it. It's been forever since i saw it so i don't remember where that came from anyways
    it was deans lucky charm from his dad

once cas found out that god had essentially abandoned everyone, he gave it back to dean who then threw it out.

also, the whole major theme is that god set everything in motion and then left everyone to their own devices, it would be awful if he were there as a deus ex machina, well... even more than the shit he did already was

• Options

yes he has. when he stopped dean from punching chuck in the monster at the end of this book

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Season 6 just didn't feel like a cohesive season. It was all over the place. There were some excellent single episodes and the last couple were really good but the beginning and the middle could have been better.
    There was just no development on Eve at all. Even her death was disappointing.

• Options
    Season 6 just didn't feel like a cohesive season. It was all over the place. There were some excellent single episodes and the last couple were really good but the beginning and the middle could have been better.

it was on par with season one

season seven is so much better

7656367.jpg
  • Options

it was on par with season one

season seven is so much better

I liked the first season because it was really all about MONSTER OF THE WEEK and I'm cool with that. Plus the show was brand new to me so maybe when I go back and watch it a second time my opinion on the first season will be lessened.

• Options

yes he has. when he stopped dean from punching chuck in the monster at the end of this book
    wait he did?

I totally do not remember that

I know god brought him back twice, but he never actually saw him

• Options
    My wife informed me that if we have any more kids and they happen to be twin boys we are naming them Jensen and Jared.