As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League of Legends: This is apparently the NOT buggy version of the patch.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

07-25-2011, 03:27 AM

Click through to the latest red.
    04-11-2012, 03:43 PM
    Hey guys! So I can say that there is work currently happening on her remake! I'm actually animating her new starcall RITE NAO.

What I can't say however, is when she'll be ready to hit the streets with her fine self.
    Like Gangplank, she's getting her other skins redone as well. Bananas are still in question.

Would the peanut butter jelly dance look too derpy on Soraka? :P

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    What a surprise, the number 1 response is 'make her look more human', because god knows we don't have enough size 0, DD supermodels in this game.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh, and I'd say about 15% of any group listed above are people who can't handle any form of criticism.

Most of the people I play with don't mind ragers, or at least have played with the few who rage long enough to know how to talk them down. However, I find a lot of the time I play with people with ridiculously thin skins that can't handle any form of criticism from some anonymous person on the internet.

That's the real problem with raging. It's when ragers and super-sensitives join forces and it becomes a rage off.

Edit: It's why I tend to play with the touchy-feely club where we just laugh and make jokes and hard-random for nonsensical poops

TracerBullet on
  • Future BluesFuture Blues Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Mundo jungle, what do I do? Solomid down, start clothpots into what?

9/21/0

MS Quints Armor Yellows Mpen Reds MR Blues

Boots+Pots

WQWQWR

Start wolves->blue or wraiths->red and then try to counter jungle.

So me and somebody were having a big argument about Mundo jungle earlier this week.

I personally have run 2Health/1MSpeed Quint, Armor Seals, Mpen Reds, MR Blues and generally start Cloth/5 with this. Start Red leashed and go WQW then E if you're going back in the jungle right away or Q if you're ganking before you go back, then R>Q>W>E. Assuming the leash is ok, you go gank mid before they hit level 2 then move on to either bot if they're overextended or go back into your jungle and start a circuit.

Starting with boots/3 pots is a dangerous way to play because if you meet the enemy jungle in the river or have a bad gank it seriously slows you down. Even if everything goes great you still will have to go back way too soon (usually before your full circuit is done) which sort of negates the point of getting boots IMO.

What I've heard and want to try is:

3 Spell Vamp Quints, Armor Seals, ASpeed Marks (you jungle faster with these than Mpen marks, from what I understand), MR Blues and either Boots/3 or Cloth/5. From what I understand the Spell Vamp quints increase the safety of the first and second circuit and give you some clutch healing for duels that you wouldn't have otherwise. The reason I'm so interested in this setup is that I typically buy anywhere from 10-20 potions on Mundo to keep me topped off throughout the early game and I'm really curious if the spell vamp from the quints would save me some of the cash on potions as I level up clevers and whatnot.

I personally don't feel Movement Speed quints are really necessary on Mundo for a couple of reasons. Sure it's nice to move faster but clevers are ranged and they slow and when you gank the person in the lane is typically the guy who does most of the damage (very rarely is Mundo up autoattacking targets that he's ganking) so boots are more than enough MS especially considering the MS boosting Def and Utility masteries. Come late game Mundo's ult is plenty of Movement Speed and is up often enough to be fine for the purpose of chasing runners not to mention that Force of Nature, a quintessential Mundo item gives late game movespeed anyway.

As the game progresses, I typically build Heart of Gold, Boots 2 (usually Merc's or Tabi, but I'm considering running Sorc shoes more often and experimenting with them), followed by Warmog's and then either upgrade the HoG into Randuin's or start building Force of Nature. After that I usually invest in the component parts of a second Warmog's.

Some people out there strongly advocate building either Atma's or some other offensive item, but I find that Mundo's greatest strength late game is his utterly stupid regen coupled with the ability to just stand in the middle of the enemy team and cleave the crap out of them. Fully upgraded W provides a constant source of annoying damage and cleavers take chunks out of their carries and mages without any offensive items at all. Meanwhile, if they focus you they have to burn down 4-6k health propped up by 150+ physical/magical resistance all the while you're regenerating 100+ health a second and standing in the way of skillshots and disrupting their carries who built completely offensively and have no way to deal with all the passive damage you're putting out while standing in the middle of their shit.

I'm sure some people will disagree with the way I build Mundo, but I find that 1000 extra health and a bunch more regen is far more conducive to Mundo than 70-100 extra auto attack damage that you get with Atma's especially now that it's getting nerfed.

Last but not least, Mundo is a strong ganker and one of the main reasons people play him is not to counterjungle but because he's impervious to being counterjungled. He clears his own jungle fast enough (and once he gets a few health items and his ult can stay out on the field forever if played well) that it's nearly impossible to counterjungle him. Sure, you can go in and take the enemy wraiths or golems every once in a while but it's often far more effective to just constantly pressure lanes and hit people with clevers and generally be a nuisance than it is to risk getting caught in the enemy jungle by more than once person. Mundo is a strong duelist assuming you can aim those clevers, but until you get your AR/MR towards the end of midgame you can easily be chunked down by multiple assailants despite having high health.

The other thing to remember is that Mundo is best played aggressively. Don't be afraid to run around at a low amount of health and just toss clevers from the outskirts in a fight. As long as you keep your distance the enemy won't be able to burst you down even at low health and those clevers can make or break exchanges not to mention that a lot of the reason Mundo works as well as he does is that he is surprisingly toxic to enemy morale. He can stay out in the field forever, show up to every fight, and contribute quite a bit to them even if he's at extremely low health, not to mention that if and when he's targeted he can ult and regain copious amounts of health in seconds which can be extremely demoralizing for the enemy team that just blew two or three ults on him.

Pretty sure that was Zed, I remember because of all the racial epithets he used for your when he was describing the conversation. Whoo boy, the mouth on that guy; you wouldn't know he was Canadian what with the way he talks.

Burning Agony Mundo jungling requires three things:

1. Max out W
    2. -4 flat damage masteries or hp5 runes
    3. Armor yellows

Everything after that is up to his player; Mundo is extremely versatile.

Maxing out Q second makes your Dragons, Barons, and Buff camps so fast on top of having almost peerless poke for team fights (that minimum damage is really high for its cooldown). Maxing E is much less health intensive, and if you get a lot of early gold for a 15-20 minute Wit's, your dueling is horrifying to behold.

Personally, I go for full tank. Boots/HoG/Defensive Boots 2/SV/HP or MR item of choice/Randuins for a chaser/initiator who can just leave W up 24/7 for its massive damage. To each his own.

Not Canadian, but still hilarious. I still say Movespeed quints are ideal. Start boots +3 and immediately go into "your jungle is my jungle" mode, right out the gate. Maxxing W first is absolutely mandatory, otherwise you're not capitalizing on the ability for Mundo to clear the jungle incredibly fast. Don't rely 100% on cleaver. Maxxing it first will leave you in a place behind where if you maxxed W first instead.

If you look at the way Mundo was built in Vegas and Hannover, well, they put 2 in W and max clevers. Two in W provides the best damage for health when your health pool is still middling and stronger clevers mean more successful ganks. Max W too early and you're going to have a bad time, IMO.

And thanks for saying you didn't read what I posted. Just proves that I shouldn't fucking bother when it comes to this thread because I'm not part of the in club or whatever.

Future Blues on
    Xbox Live: No Reply
    Steam: Jacobontap
    LoL: FutureBlues
  • PriestPriest Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Why'd they have to make Graves look like a Bad-Ass-Take-No-Shit-King-Of-Pub-Crushing-Mofo?

Gotta buy things now. /Grumble.

Priest on
  • Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

07-25-2011, 03:27 AM

Don't poo-poo the date. Remember Duke Nukem Forever?
    And I love that the first comment calls Soraka a lez. <3

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Oh, and I'd say about 15% of any group listed above are people who can't handle any form of criticism.

Most of the people I play with don't mind ragers, or at least have played with the few who rage long enough to know how to talk them down. However, I find a lot of the time I play with people with ridiculously thin skins that can't handle any form of criticism from some anonymous person on the internet.

That's the real problem with raging. It's when ragers and super-sensitives join forces and it becomes a rage off.

Edit: It's why I tend to play with the touchy-feely club where we just laugh and make jokes and hard-random for nonsensical poops

Anyone else thinking about the exact same person I am right now?

• vallavvallav Registered User regular
    I will probably finally buy Soraka after her art rework. Depends entirely on her feet.

edited April 2012
    ChaosHat wrote: »

Be careful pweeze :) I wasn't trying to out anyone, just get a gauge for the current community. I don't like starting butt-hurt forum things! (Queue Ocean's Eleven: "Somebody's Always Watching." Followed by Putting on glasses and the CSI:Miami Intro.)

Also, Logged in Two Nights ago, and I have all this IP? Were they giving away IP like gifts or something? I most definitely did not leave the game with 24k IP and 4k RP.

Priest on
  • Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

And thanks for saying you didn't read what I posted. Just proves that I shouldn't fucking bother when it comes to this thread because I'm not part of the in club or whatever.

Is it tearing you apart?
    Call me ignorant (like my profile pic's character), but I don't think there's any clique or in-club. Sure, I've come to know that some people don't like to play with others, but I know I'm willing to play with anybody. And I'll admit, when reading the forum, if I'm behind by a few pages, and there's an entry that is longer than 3 full lines, I sometimes skip reading it, so for sure I didn't read that long-winded @Carnarvon post.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Another Dom game, another loss. First time I've ever seen Fiora; how did a champ so completely and totally OP get released?!?

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Mundo jungle, what do I do? Solomid down, start clothpots into what?

9/21/0

MS Quints Armor Yellows Mpen Reds MR Blues

Boots+Pots

WQWQWR

Start wolves->blue or wraiths->red and then try to counter jungle.

So me and somebody were having a big argument about Mundo jungle earlier this week.

I personally have run 2Health/1MSpeed Quint, Armor Seals, Mpen Reds, MR Blues and generally start Cloth/5 with this. Start Red leashed and go WQW then E if you're going back in the jungle right away or Q if you're ganking before you go back, then R>Q>W>E. Assuming the leash is ok, you go gank mid before they hit level 2 then move on to either bot if they're overextended or go back into your jungle and start a circuit.

Starting with boots/3 pots is a dangerous way to play because if you meet the enemy jungle in the river or have a bad gank it seriously slows you down. Even if everything goes great you still will have to go back way too soon (usually before your full circuit is done) which sort of negates the point of getting boots IMO.

What I've heard and want to try is:

3 Spell Vamp Quints, Armor Seals, ASpeed Marks (you jungle faster with these than Mpen marks, from what I understand), MR Blues and either Boots/3 or Cloth/5. From what I understand the Spell Vamp quints increase the safety of the first and second circuit and give you some clutch healing for duels that you wouldn't have otherwise. The reason I'm so interested in this setup is that I typically buy anywhere from 10-20 potions on Mundo to keep me topped off throughout the early game and I'm really curious if the spell vamp from the quints would save me some of the cash on potions as I level up clevers and whatnot.

I personally don't feel Movement Speed quints are really necessary on Mundo for a couple of reasons. Sure it's nice to move faster but clevers are ranged and they slow and when you gank the person in the lane is typically the guy who does most of the damage (very rarely is Mundo up autoattacking targets that he's ganking) so boots are more than enough MS especially considering the MS boosting Def and Utility masteries. Come late game Mundo's ult is plenty of Movement Speed and is up often enough to be fine for the purpose of chasing runners not to mention that Force of Nature, a quintessential Mundo item gives late game movespeed anyway.

As the game progresses, I typically build Heart of Gold, Boots 2 (usually Merc's or Tabi, but I'm considering running Sorc shoes more often and experimenting with them), followed by Warmog's and then either upgrade the HoG into Randuin's or start building Force of Nature. After that I usually invest in the component parts of a second Warmog's.

Some people out there strongly advocate building either Atma's or some other offensive item, but I find that Mundo's greatest strength late game is his utterly stupid regen coupled with the ability to just stand in the middle of the enemy team and cleave the crap out of them. Fully upgraded W provides a constant source of annoying damage and cleavers take chunks out of their carries and mages without any offensive items at all. Meanwhile, if they focus you they have to burn down 4-6k health propped up by 150+ physical/magical resistance all the while you're regenerating 100+ health a second and standing in the way of skillshots and disrupting their carries who built completely offensively and have no way to deal with all the passive damage you're putting out while standing in the middle of their shit.

I'm sure some people will disagree with the way I build Mundo, but I find that 1000 extra health and a bunch more regen is far more conducive to Mundo than 70-100 extra auto attack damage that you get with Atma's especially now that it's getting nerfed.

Last but not least, Mundo is a strong ganker and one of the main reasons people play him is not to counterjungle but because he's impervious to being counterjungled. He clears his own jungle fast enough (and once he gets a few health items and his ult can stay out on the field forever if played well) that it's nearly impossible to counterjungle him. Sure, you can go in and take the enemy wraiths or golems every once in a while but it's often far more effective to just constantly pressure lanes and hit people with clevers and generally be a nuisance than it is to risk getting caught in the enemy jungle by more than once person. Mundo is a strong duelist assuming you can aim those clevers, but until you get your AR/MR towards the end of midgame you can easily be chunked down by multiple assailants despite having high health.

The other thing to remember is that Mundo is best played aggressively. Don't be afraid to run around at a low amount of health and just toss clevers from the outskirts in a fight. As long as you keep your distance the enemy won't be able to burst you down even at low health and those clevers can make or break exchanges not to mention that a lot of the reason Mundo works as well as he does is that he is surprisingly toxic to enemy morale. He can stay out in the field forever, show up to every fight, and contribute quite a bit to them even if he's at extremely low health, not to mention that if and when he's targeted he can ult and regain copious amounts of health in seconds which can be extremely demoralizing for the enemy team that just blew two or three ults on him.

Pretty sure that was Zed, I remember because of all the racial epithets he used for your when he was describing the conversation. Whoo boy, the mouth on that guy; you wouldn't know he was Canadian what with the way he talks.

Burning Agony Mundo jungling requires three things:

1. Max out W
    2. -4 flat damage masteries or hp5 runes
    3. Armor yellows

Everything after that is up to his player; Mundo is extremely versatile.

Maxing out Q second makes your Dragons, Barons, and Buff camps so fast on top of having almost peerless poke for team fights (that minimum damage is really high for its cooldown). Maxing E is much less health intensive, and if you get a lot of early gold for a 15-20 minute Wit's, your dueling is horrifying to behold.

Personally, I go for full tank. Boots/HoG/Defensive Boots 2/SV/HP or MR item of choice/Randuins for a chaser/initiator who can just leave W up 24/7 for its massive damage. To each his own.

Not Canadian, but still hilarious. I still say Movespeed quints are ideal. Start boots +3 and immediately go into "your jungle is my jungle" mode, right out the gate. Maxxing W first is absolutely mandatory, otherwise you're not capitalizing on the ability for Mundo to clear the jungle incredibly fast. Don't rely 100% on cleaver. Maxxing it first will leave you in a place behind where if you maxxed W first instead.

If you look at the way Mundo was built in Vegas and Hannover, well, they put 2 in W and max clevers. Two in W provides the best damage for health when your health pool is still middling and stronger clevers mean more successful ganks. Max W too early and you're going to have a bad time, IMO.

Unrustle your jimmies, friend, I responded to everything you brought up in your post; I just needed to clip off the 4,000 word essay so that scrolling through the page didn't take an hour. And also, I love that gif and I hadn't found a use for it yet.

I didn't notice that they only put two ranks in W, but I normally don't have a problem with that. I'll try it out.

Also, there's like four different "in-clubs" and we're all pretty terrible people (mine has like, three canadians, not counting zero); you shouldn't feel left out.

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Another Dom game, another loss. First time I've ever seen Fiora; how did a champ so completely and totally OP get released?!?
    She really isn't though? I mean, she's not weak but I don't think she is great either. She is like Trynd, she has good damage but no CC and is really vulnerable to it.

• SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, Carnarvon has a habit of trolling when trolling might not be the right idea, lol. He definitely read what you wrote, just thought it would be funny to put that picture in. He does that. His humour.. is a bit different.

I have two in mind.

Sampsen on
    Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    All I know is, she'd dash at my AD Ez and I'd be dead before I could E.

That makes sense. She is pretty much designed for killing a champ like Ez and a lot of other AD carries since she has a double dash to get to you and then engage after you e away and without any CC you'll lose a straight up fight with her. Burst AP, people with good CC, and bruisers all wreck her in my experience.

I can attest that Hargaad has abysmally low standards when it comes to who he plays with, so if you want someone to show you the ropes/have fun with, he's a good dude who doesn't rage.

@Sampsen: I didn't know that 'different' meant 'the best' in Canadian. You folks sure are strange.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    20% are super nice play with anyone people who occassionally get mad(I've even seen Skippy get upset, true story)

I'LL SEE YOU IN COURT

@Carnarvon Your Avatar reminds me, is Master Yi still a supreme dick that just split pushes errvry day?

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i am the best to play with ever

i tie a towel around my neck and wear a burger king crown and you are all my court

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    I can attest that Hargaad has abysmally low standards when it comes to who he plays with, so if you want someone to show you the ropes/have fun with, he's a good dude who doesn't rage.

@Sampsen: I didn't know that 'different' meant 'the best' in Canadian. You folks sure are strange.

That's the Liberal party's cultural mosaic policy, yes.

huntresssig.jpg
    Arivia wrote: »

I can no longer distinguish Arivia's actual and joke positions.

Priest wrote: »
    @Carnarvon Your Avatar reminds me, is Master Yi still a supreme dick that just split pushes errvry day?

Master Yi is a pretty terrible champ the best champ ever who is only marginally useful against very teams with extraordinarly low cc great even if first picked and has fallen behind due to the power creep of other champions only grown in power with age.

• ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Pretty much any champion in Dominion can do that to Ezreal, really.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    Neaden wrote: »

You can get counseling for that.

Back to the topic of heal in bot lane for a second. I think that it isn't always the AD carry that should take it, it should really be whoever is going to be focused. I hate double heal lanes, they feel so useless outside of laning.

Wait, you mean they haven't stopped the power creep that Morello promised they'd end over 12 months ago?

#NotSurprised

Sampsen wrote: »

Back to the topic of heal in bot lane for a second. I think that it isn't always the AD carry that should take it, it should really be whoever is going to be focused. I hate double heal lanes, they feel so useless outside of laning.
    But the AD carry will generally be targeted first and the target of ganks and if they die it is a bigger deal because they miss out on CS so I think 99% of the time they should take it. But I am also one of the few remaining holdouts for CV every game so maybe I am wrong.

That is, was, and will forever be my goal, yes.

huntresssig.jpg
    Wait, you mean they haven't stopped the power creep that Morello promised they'd end over 12 months ago?

#NotSurprised
    I don't think there is really a power creep. I think that the meta has shifted, teams have gotten more coordinated, and CC has in general gotten stronger. This means that some champs like Yi or Trynd get the shaft. On the other hand I don't think any of the recent champs have really been OP.

Lulu needs a slow nerf, badly.

huntresssig.jpg

That is, was, and will forever be my goal, yes.
    But is that being your goal really your goal or is it really not your goal in which case your goal might not be your and oh god
    inception.jpg

Sampsen: I didn't know that 'different' meant 'the best' in Canadian. You folks sure are strange.

But the AD carry will generally be targeted first and the target of ganks and if they die it is a bigger deal because they miss out on CS so I think 99% of the time they should take it. But I am also one of the few remaining holdouts for CV every game so maybe I am wrong.

I would rather have a stronger lane than CV, but I'm also at an elo where lane aggression really pays off. Some day I'll get to a point where most bot lanes are farmfests, then I think we'll begin taking CV.

I've also had success with having the support baiting the enemy into engaging on them, so it makes sense they have heal. I would never do this with someone like Caitlyn or Vayne, but with Graves? It's gold.

I've also had success with having the support baiting the enemy into engaging on them, so it makes sense they have heal. I would never do this with someone like Caitlyn or Vayne, but with Graves? It's gold.

Being the new guy again, what makes Graves so particularly different? Looking at his skillset (but not numbers), he doesn't seem particularly more effective at killing than Vayne.

Sampsen: I didn't know that 'different' meant 'the best' in Canadian. You folks sure are strange.

I would rather have a stronger lane than CV, but I'm also at an elo where lane aggression really pays off. Some day I'll get to a point where most bot lanes are farmfests, then I think we'll begin taking CV.

In my experience it is fairly rare to get a kill without a gank on bot lane, the issue is more about forcing the other person to go back so you get more cs and push it to their tower before you go b. CV is just so useful the whole game long. The trick is just to use it every time it is off cooldown to maximize the value.

Support baiting with Vayne works fine if the support can take more than 2 hits and you can get E off. Basically like any other aspect of playing early aggressive Vayne.

huntresssig.jpg
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Being the new guy again, what makes Graves so particularly different? Looking at his skillset (but not numbers), he doesn't seem particularly more effective at killing than Vayne.

His dash and his passive mean that he is frightening in lane and if left unattended in team fights. The smokescreen screws with everyone and his ultimate can pick off people nearly dead under their tower.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen

I have two in mind.

The contradictions!
    asplode.jpg

Graves' passive gives him armour/magic resist for every second he is in combat, which is any time he gives or takes damage, creeps included. His E is a dash+attack speed buff, so he is incredibly mobile as well as tanky. The dash and the passive together give him a crazy amount of survivability. Throw his smokescreen on top of that and he can remove one person from the fight for a second while they get out of the cloud.

Support baiting with Vayne works fine if the support can take more than 2 hits and you can get E off. Basically like any other aspect of playing early aggressive Vayne.

Vayne's best lanes, imo, are with tanky supports like Alistar or Nunu. Support baiting definitely works, but I would never give them heal over Vayne, she's way too squishy.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Nice sales this week! Finally going to pick up Vayne. This game wants to take all my monies.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Vayne either wants a really tanky initiator like Ali or Leona so she can farm kills, or someone really passive like Soraka or Janna to farm creeps with. She doesn't do well with champions who do half of both, like Nunu.

Basically Vayne needs someone who can lock the brush down. If you can't do that her early game is a giant pain.

huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.