As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League of Legends: This is apparently the NOT buggy version of the patch.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    When its time for farming, we are always farming hard!

ProSona.png

That game was so fun. So.much.fun.
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    I doubt Phage is better for Ezreal than Sheen when you consider the proc.

Well, assume you're level 10. Sheen gives you 25 AP so 2.5 damage on your q, plus one proc for ~75 damage. Phage has 18 AD, so makes it up in AA,q,AA,AA. AA,q,AA is something you should be getting off every engagement.

Now you're also going to get some damage on w and e from the Sheen so in terms of pure damage the Sheen is probably better to the tune of 40 damage per combo or so. But Phage also has 225 HP and its slow proc which means if you e in then AA,q,AA you have roughly a 60% chance of landing a slow on that combo. This makes your chase stronger and keeps you in fights longer. The longer a fight goes, the more the damage advantage shifts to the Phage.

People tend to way overestimate the value of Sheen's proc especially in longer engagements like a gank (where you're going to be there a bit since you can't burst them down in a second). Sheen is much much better in lane, where you can use it to increase your poke damage since you're not really going to get a full combo off.

Note: In general(with exception to BT/IE), on characters without specific steroids or on hit procs, attack speed items > Damage items > Burst items when its consistent damage/time you're talking about and burst>damage>attack speed when it comes to poke (as it can reset before the next poke)

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    AP GP is half legit with Lich Bane, but he needs to go tank/CDR to get more heals for trolling and more ults for actually being useful. I've sort of made it work.

It's still pretty bad compared to critplank or tankplank though.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Soraka placed that ward. Support wins games.

I need to watch that replay I renamed to "Wardmaster Soraka" and count exactly how many wards I dropped in that game.

I've been telling my 5-man group exactly this: map vision brings victory.

I always tell people that and they usually chime in that's supports job.

So this last game I picked sona and had the map covered in wards.

First time playing sona since I was leveling. Oh man was that fun. Me and Cait pushed in soraka and sivir's shit. I had good ward vision and coverage of the jungler with CV. Even when they were farming at tower I'd make them pay with a Q. End of lane (around 17:00) Cait is up 130-80 in C/S and she's 2/0/2.

I warded their whole jungle, and they couldn't go anywhere.

Maybe I'll do a few games of support sona.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Spectrum wrote: »
    AP GP is half legit with Lich Bane, but he needs to go tank/CDR to get more heals for trolling and more ults for actually being useful. I've sort of made it work.
    Try building him the same as AP Sion: Abyssal, Zhonya's, Lichbane.

Gunblade + Void Staff for the finisher.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    Made a smurf account because a friend got into the game.

Wow, it's really weird playing the game at low levels again. Guess I blacked out how often I saw someone say "I mid".

That's fine, me and my buddy will duo-lane Yorick/Sticks and have a ball.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular

07-25-2011, 03:27 AM

Then you look at the third Riot post in the thread, dated 11th April, 2012.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Dunxco wrote: »
    Wow, it's really weird playing the game at low levels again. Guess I blacked out how often I saw someone say "I mid".

To be fair, it's not like that changes at level 30 (at least not in solo queue normal draft). Typical chat in a game is

Me: hi all!
    1st Pick: I mid
    2nd Pick: Mid or I feed
    3rd Pick: Top
    Me: I guess I'll jungle or AD, but will play wherever
    4th Pick: Jungle

Isn't communication grand?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Hmmm, do you chaps move your screen with the middle mouse button or via the edges? I'm thinking of switching from the latter to the former.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Oh snap, Soraka overhaul? Count me in.

• Options
    ZeroZedZeroZeroZedZero Registered User regular
    http://www.own3d.tv/live/246159 <---streaming ranked duo queue with nolifeking. Must have one ranked before nappy time. Let's get it on.

steam_sig.png
    Come watch me on my stream : http://www.own3d.tv/ZeroZedZero
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    I blame teemo buffs for breaking the patch. He is probably out of control now. Remember when in doubt, always blame teemo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »
    Hmmm, do you chaps move your screen with the middle mouse button or via the edges? I'm thinking of switching from the latter to the former.

I can never remember which one is latter and which one is former. I think the former would be the first one, right? At least that makes sense to me...
    I just use the edge of the screen to move, but I've never tried with MMB. To be fair, most of my mouses have had trouble with that one (and remember that some Win7 configurations set MMB to an alt+tab command which may or may not work mid-game).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »

You can move the screen? Mine is always locked on to the champion I am playing

• Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    Hey, so what do you do when you're 1v2 top lane? This happens a lot in Solo Queue - no Jungler. I can handle it a bit better when I'm a ranged poke, but when I play Irelia (or recently, Riven), I just get demolished the moment I try to last hit and I'm not under my tower. Do you just tell your Jungler to man up and lane?

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Press Y.

You are now free of the training wheels (except they only train bad habits)! 8D

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I just wish I could ZOOM OUT a little more. Alternatively, I wish I could move the UI elements to the sides in addition to shrinking them.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Priest wrote: »
    Hey, so what do you do when you're 1v2 top lane? This happens a lot in Solo Queue - no Jungler. I can handle it a bit better when I'm a ranged poke, but when I play Irelia (or recently, Riven), I just get demolished the moment I try to last hit and I'm not under my tower. Do you just tell your Jungler to man up and lane?

No, you man up and get GP5 and last hit under your tower so your team can enjoy the advantage of having a jungler.

• Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I generally allow them to push the lane to me in the beginning, then farm under my tower as much as possible. In lanes like this you will start to out level them fairly quickly, so you need to play VERY safe in the beginning, then once you've got a couple levels on them you can start to harass a bit. At the least, try to remain within xp range of the minion wave and not get completely shut out. CS is important, not dying is much MORE important.

For the champs that I play and at the level that I play, once I'm 2-3 levels above the duo I can take more risks to get that precious farm. Then just farm farm farm. The tower is not worth your life, especially since they'll probably kill you and get the tower after anyway.

Unless they are really dumb, you are not going to win a 1v2 lane early without jungle support, but you can get a level advantage and use that to get farm, and then start eating them.

You're really screwed if it is a CC heavy lane though, especially if they have a toss to get you out from under of your tower.

TL;DR Stay alive, get levels, farm under tower

Edit: I am NOT an expert at this game by any stretch of the imagination, this is just what works for me.

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    Now my stream is solo queue ranked. Kennen v Gankplank up top.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular

As a rule, one person at level 13 with 60cs (you in the 1v2) and one person at level 11 with 60cs (your jungler) is more useful than two people at level 10 with 40cs (the people you're fighting). The problem you're having is that Irelia and Riven are carries, meaning they have shitty early games and strong late games, if they get farmed. They simply can't stand a 1v2 with any amount of ranged harass; this is neither your fault or the jungler's, it's simply a matter of blind pick being shitty.

Try picking up Olaf, Gangplank, Kennen, or Nidalee to go top for those 1v2 lanes. Brand, Yorick, and Graves would also do pretty well. Just remember that you don't have to have perfect CS to win top lane, you just need to have more than they do.

• Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    Thanks for the advice, Draygo, A-Puck, Carnarvon - much appreciated.

• Options
    Next up, lee sin vs. fiora top

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Carnarvon wrote: »

As a rule, one person at level 13 with 60cs (you in the 1v2) and one person at level 11 with 60cs (your jungler) is more useful than two people at level 10 with 40cs (the people you're fighting). The problem you're having is that Irelia and Riven are carries, meaning they have shitty early games and strong late games, if they get farmed. They simply can't stand a 1v2 with any amount of ranged harass; this is neither your fault or the jungler's, it's simply a matter of blind pick being shitty.

Try picking up Olaf, Gangplank, Kennen, or Nidalee to go top for those 1v2 lanes. Brand, Yorick, and Graves would also do pretty well. Just remember that you don't have to have perfect CS to win top lane, you just need to have more than they do.

Uhhh, Riven has strong early game. That's kind of her schtick. Her level 2, 3, and 6 are very strong in laning.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Press Y.

You are now free of the training wheels (except they only train bad habits)! 8D

I didnt think someone would actually believe that I had the camera locked :P

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    So I'm guessing the champion and skin sales they've been having during the weeks have been to offset the patch delay. I'm trying to think of any other time they've gone four weeks before a new release.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

People always forget the sleeper! Rammus, yo!
    Rammus can hold 1v2 top like a boss.
    Also, I can't stress enough that getting CS is great, and obviously a high priority. But even higher is positioning. Both your positioning, and the positioning of the enemy minions.
    By this, I mean:
    A: Keep yourself on the move. If the enemies have skillshots, you NEED to constantly be moving, and looking for them to stutter their champ to line up their skill shot. If they have a targetable skill that's going to hit you no matter what, then it just takes practice to learn how to stay out of that range.
    B: Do your best to keep the enemy minions off your tower. Towers can sometimes have the undesired effect of pushing your lane back to the neutral mid-point of your lane. That's a problem, as a 1v2 will keep you zoned out of your exp gain. I say, at the very least, let your tower bash the melee minions, but keep the caster minions out of your tower's range so the lane holds close enough for you to still take exp.
    Exp>CS
    I'm sure there are many who disagree, but I think if you're going to be harassed by 2 enemies out of your CS, you might as well take the exp. :\

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    So I'm guessing the champion and skin sales they've been having during the weeks have been to offset the patch delay. I'm trying to think of any other time they've gone four weeks before a new release.

yorick was a three week cycle, and it was two weeks after that before they patched him and made him at all usable
    so that was five weeks between orianna and a playable (super OP) yorick

• Options
    tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular

I'm okay with it. They just need to have more champs that i want on sale like talon and shyvana

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

I'm thinking about the long run. How long do they expect to keep releasing new champions? WC3's DotA had what...72 different champs?
    How long until their created champs start stepping on the toes of already-existing champs? After this season is over, I'd hope they just focus on releasing new skins on a regular basis.
    I understand they need to make their money somewhere, but I think they'd be better off finding new business ventures. Sure, they "reinvented the wheel." But how long until that wheel wears out?

• Options
    Sorry. Apparently there were 108 to choose from. I was way off. But LoL is pretty damn close to that number.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    6300 ip, what I buy?

current:
    dudebros.jpg

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Rami wrote: »
    6300 ip, what I buy?

current:
    dudebros.jpg

Soraka. Then you can trade her to me forever and ever and ever and ever and....

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    But I already own Soraka.

I was thinking Shen and Olaf, but the 6300 champs are so enticing.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Yes. Which is why I know you're a terrible person who doesn't own Soraka yet. :P
    Would you rather I suggest buying Twitch?

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    But I already own Soraka.

I was thinking Shen and Olaf, but the 6300 champs are so enticing.

Kennen.

Uhhh, Riven has strong early game. That's kind of her schtick. Her level 2, 3, and 6 are very strong in laning.

In a 1v1 versus melee where she can QWQEQ and take no harass? I agree completely.

I don't see Riven winning against a double lane that has any ranged.

• Options
    Yes, I wouldn't take Riven versus 1v2, but it's not really anything to do with how good or bad she is at any aspect of the game. Just a ranged character would be something I'd take.

• Options
    Yes, I wouldn't take Riven versus 1v2, but it's not really anything to do with how good or bad she is at any aspect of the game. Just a ranged character would be something I'd take.

Or Rammus. Because Hargaad said so.

• Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    6300 ip, what I buy?

current:
    dudebros.jpg

Out of these, which are your favourites? And are you looking for champs that are similar to or different from your faves?

• Options
    Streaming again, an afternoon session before I have to go to class. So probably like one game.

But that one game is Jungle Ezreal.

twitch.tv/chaoshat

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    I keep thinking I really want to buy champs with IP and then realize that I barely get to play a lot of the champs I have as it is. So I just sit on IP/RP.

Though I'll probably be buying Vayne and Sona today, yay RP sales.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
This discussion has been closed.