As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

babbits. chrildrens

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I am so going to be the cool uncle.

live in their basement. making cartoon voices.

• Options
    and then when they're older, they don't respect you as a human being.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    I am so going to be the cool uncle.

live in their basement. making cartoon voices.

no

be greek and marry a blue mutant

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    What is this, the plot to a Robin Williams movie?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options

full house.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

full house.

I'll be honest, I don't remember anything about Full House beyond Bob Saget and the Olsen twins.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    don't you remember the blue mutant episode,.trippy?

7656367.jpg
  • Options

full house.

I'll be honest, I don't remember anything about Full House beyond Bob Saget and the Olsen twins.

Uncle Joey. you're going to be uncle joey.

• Options
    ok, what series are we talking about, because I don't recall Stamos marrying any mutants

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options

full house.

Uncle Joey. you're going to be uncle joey.

no you're going to be uncle jesse and bring back jake in progress

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I am genuinely interested to see if/when my siblings have kids

My parents have 6 kids so their chances of having a lot if grand kids ought to be pretty high

But so far just one brother shows interest and I think his wife would restrict him to two maximum

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    John Stamos married Rebecca Romijn, who played Mystique, who was a blue mutant

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    John Stamos married Rebecca Romijn, who played Mystique, who was a blue mutant

ooooooooooooooooooooh

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    also "Be greek" in my experience is never good advice.

• Options
    The last thing I watched that was even remotely Full House-related was the Bob Saget Roast.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    melding c'mere

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    no, i'm good over here.

• Options
    MELDING C'MERE

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    No i'm scared.

• Options
    melding I was gonna give you some shwarma flavored yogurt

greek style

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I go back and forth on the kids thing, mostly landing on "no"

Janson wrote: »

My parents have 6 kids so their chances of having a lot if grand kids ought to be pretty high

But so far just one brother shows interest and I think his wife would restrict him to two maximum

my mom is one of 12 and only 3 of her siblings have children! still a fair number of grandchildren I guess, I have ten cousins (but still not a lot, considering)

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    I go back and forth on the kids thing, mostly landing on "no"

Janson wrote: »

my mom is one of 12 and only 3 of her siblings have children! still a fair number of grandchildren I guess, I have ten cousins (but still not a lot, considering)

Great-Grandma had 7 kids, Grandma has 7 kids, I'm the oldest of 36 grandkids, my sister just brought my first nephew into this world, Family gatherings are...interesting

• Options

greek style

are..are you threatening me with violence or coming on to me?

• Options

greek style

you know as well as I do that I lost the ability to tell the difference between the two years ago

7656367.jpg
  • Options

greek style

you know as well as I do that I lost the ability to tell the difference between the two years ago

right right, this is why we can't ever be.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    we've got a history of depression and bipolar disorder and alcoholism and drug abuse and anxiety in my family

i'm super excited to have kids someday

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i find it funny how immediately this thread turned into stealth eugenics

• Options
    and we were this close to turning this thread into a Full House tribute thread

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options

greek style

but but

I got us matching his and hers coffins

7656367.jpg
  • Options

greek style

but but

you deserve to be happy TLB, and so long as i'm around the domestic violence will just be meaningless.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I'll build my own out of steel and stone.

But for reals, that ain't a call to make for a while yet. Maybe about 30 or so?

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    like yeah i'm fucked up but once i let my parents in, now i'm ending my freshman year with a 4.0 and i have a job and ladies wanna bone down and i don't wanna die anymore

i plan on letting my kids know that if they're having issues, their dad can relate

because my dad and i are pretty much best friends now, and it's absolutely wonderful

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options

greek style

but but

you deserve to be happy TLB, and so long as i'm around the domestic violence will just be meaningless.

whoa now

violence is NEVER meaningless

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    that's pretty rad swordfights

I might have kids someday, but probably not, as it's unlikely I'll ever have a partner. Just don't consistently care enough. I'm not opposed to the idea though, 6 or 7 years down the road if circumstances change. My sister has 5 though, so I can always call her over the webcams and talk to the nieces and nephews if I feel like it. They're sweethearts, even their mother is crazy sometimes.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    There's this really cool Y chromosome on my mother's side that must be just awesome. All my uncles and my grandfather and his brothers are athletic, fit, smart, successful... maybe a little predisposed to early, unflattering balding, but seriously, the dudes are all great. It's a seriously kickass Y chromosome.

That Y chromosome ends at my generation. My greatuncles all had daughters, only my grandfather had sons. Of my two uncles, one has adopted children while the other has one son. And given what I know of my cousin and his life partner, I'm going to say the chances of that genome getting any further in history is gone.

I'm kinda sad, really. It's a fucking great gene set to have. I suppose there might be another version of it, but you'd have to go back about 5 generations to find another branch of the family tree where it might have continued. It's kinda weird to think about.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    With at least 3 nephews, the in-laws are asking Sier and I about when we're going to have kids more often now.

They'll happen when they happen.

• Options
    Asking when you're going to have kids is the worst. It really isn't anyone's business but the couple's.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    There are some things you never say to/ask people:

When they are having kids

Are they having a second kid

Are they going to try for a third kid (this is if the first two are the same gender)

Oh you have one of each, you must be stopping now!

Just... No.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    it has never once occurred to me to ask that question

I do not understand why anyone would

• Options
    Parents will sometimes ask if they want grandchildren. A little more understandable than extended family, but still absolutely isn't their business.

Extended family just have no reason at all to ask unless they're just trying to make conversation because they can't think of anything more interesting to ask.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone other than family ask someone.