As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Shut it down, no more music. The end of Blur and Gorillaz

1234568»

• Riggs BlitzkriegRiggs Blitzkrieg Registered User regular
    GY!BE seems like it would be a fun show to go see. I would do that in a heart beat

A lot of times my main gripe with Post rock is that it seems more like a soundtrack or background to something else. It doesn't grip me most of the time and it can be a bit dull.

Post punk is the best post in my opinion.

But I'm pretty sure they've talked about the Gorillaz breaking up before specifically because of Albarn and Hewlett not getting a long. I doubt this is a permanent thing. Especially after releasing the song Do Ya Thing with an accompanying music video.

Even if Gorillaz wasn't alive anymore, It's Albarn who is leading the music. Hewlett is just there for the bands art direction. Albarn is going to keep making music in some form afterwards anyways.

I got to see The Good, The Bad, and The Queen before and Gorillaz on their last tour. Both were fantastic shows and I'm excited for whatever Albarn comes out with next

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    GY!BE took their name from the japanese documentary about the black emperors that someone linked on the last page. It isn't from shakespeare.

• JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i love pulp ('s song Common People covered by William Shatner)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ainyK6fXku0

ok a few pages late
    but anti, your opinions are truly high-grade.

VyQGM.jpg
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I want you guys to understand that one of the best post-rock bands around is without a doubt Do Make Say Think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6XIKCmZw44

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    denihilist wrote: »
    oh, i'm sure it is

no sarcasm in this post whatsoever, honest.

i was just delighted to see that my thoughts on their name had some basis in reality

It's a shakespeare reference...

no it is not

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    But I'm pretty sure they've talked about the Gorillaz breaking up before specifically because of Albarn and Hewlett not getting a long. I doubt this is a permanent thing. Especially after releasing the song Do Ya Thing with an accompanying music video.
    Has anything else been said re: all of this beyond Albarn's mention? Like, from Hewlett?

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Jerkbot wrote: »
    i love pulp ('s song Common People covered by William Shatner)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ainyK6fXku0

ok a few pages late
    but anti, your opinions are truly high-grade.

Mwah

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    So I bought Gorillaz, Demon Days, and Plastic Beach as they were released, but I haven't bought the latest one, The Fall, nor have I bought any of the supplementary albums like G-Sides and D-Sides...what should I pick up that I'm missing?

well all of those have a handful of decent tracks on them but unless you're a serious obsessive, you can probably live without most of them. Hong Kong is a track on d-sides that you should definitely have in any case, it's very pretty. Revolving Doors is the best track on The Fall.

I actually bought Hong Kong as a single from iTunes years ago from it's original "HELP" album.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    Revolving Doors is great, yeah.

Ugh I really wish Deltron 3030 would be rereleased but that's a pipe dream.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    So I bought Gorillaz, Demon Days, and Plastic Beach as they were released, but I haven't bought the latest one, The Fall, nor have I bought any of the supplementary albums like G-Sides and D-Sides...what should I pick up that I'm missing?

well all of those have a handful of decent tracks on them but unless you're a serious obsessive, you can probably live without most of them. Hong Kong is a track on d-sides that you should definitely have in any case, it's very pretty. Revolving Doors is the best track on The Fall.

I actually bought Hong Kong as a single from iTunes years ago from it's original "HELP" album.

you're good to go, in that case

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    denihilist wrote: »
    Lockout wrote: »
    well, since you bring up Godspeed again

Silver Mt. Zion is a spin-off experimental band created by one of the Godspeed dudes

they do some good stuff! like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unb3m_6ceZQ

I like some Silver Mt Zion. Some of it I can't listen to. Didn't realize it was a Godspeed side project though.

Do any of you guys like This Will Destroy You? Their first two albums are really great but the third one is pretty heavy on the post and kind of light on the rock.

I dig me some TWDY. This song is near and dear to my heart.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qseh99s-yM

uc3ufTB.png
    A mod on an old forum I used to use posted this and now I can't take TWDY seriously anymore.

• B_RB_R Registered User regular
    How many music threads do we need?

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    A mod on an old forum I used to use posted this and now I can't take TWDY seriously anymore.

oh my god

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    this is the worst news.

sig.gif