As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NHL Thread: Can Lidstrom Unretire? Please?

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    My dad (boston fan) has been talking about Thomas moving for most of this season.

Burtletoy on
  • JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Well I guess when you've got Rask waiting (and making a few complaints about not getting enough ice time) you might as well get something for Thomas while you can.

And their other backup, Khudobin, is supposed to be looking pretty good, as well.

My dad was also making the argument that since Khudobin and Rask are both puck moving goalies and thomas isn't, that thomas is going to be moved, since the defense can't really adjust between the two styles which leads to a ton more unforced turnovers due to missed communication between goalies and d.

• ReiRei New YorkRegistered User regular
    Ugh NBC broardcast. I've been missing them thanks to the first round still being on MSG, stuck with shrieking Emrich for 3 hours now. Time to break out the aspirin.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Rei wrote: »
    Ugh NBC broardcast. I've been missing them thanks to the first round still being on MSG, stuck with shrieking Emrich for 3 hours now. Time to break out the aspirin.

<3 CBC

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh boy. Normally I don't care much more the yearly international tournament, but I'm excited to find out Burrows is playing for Team Canada.

Guy was undrafted, so this is his first time representing his country ever. Nice to see him get some recognition for being a good soldier instead of more, y'know, character assassination

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    Big break there for the Rangers, refs blew that sequence big time.

Pretty slow game, two very similar styles of play. Holtby definitely didn't look anywhere near as good as against Boston. Post should get the third star of the game.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    LA/STL game has been good, great LA shorthander just now.

• TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    That last goal in LA/STL was awesome. Kings look great right now

• TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    So one thing I don't understand about hockey. So if there's an injury/blood on a penalty it's automatically a double minor?

I didn't feel like the boarding penalty against LA deserved a double minor. He didn't get one, but maybe that was wrong with what I'm about to get into. It was a penalty but I didnt think it was intentional, or meant to do harm. Just fighting for position/the puck and pushed him into the boards. Then you have The blues double
    Minor for high sticking later. It left a gnarly cut, but I didn't feel like it was intentional at all, or meant to do harm. I get you're responsible for your stick and where it goes, and a penalty, but I didn't think it warranted a double minor.

All in all, I thought it was a good fought, clean game of hockey. Just don't understand the double minor on one side, and evidently, the fact the kings penalty should have Been a double minor, or even a game misconduct (penalty times sometimes have to do with the severity of the injury right?)

Blood = automatic double minor. Other injury is a major at the discretion of the referee.

• KPCKPC Registered User regular
    Great win considering the Kings were being dominated the first period by the Blues. The Blues' amazing PK kept them in the game in the third, though. That was the most movement I've seen on the Kings PP in a long time and still they couldn't generate too many scoring chances.

Game 2 on Monday will also be another nail biter. The Blues will probably get that one. This series will be based on the bounces, though. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a short series for either side.

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Blood = automatic double minor. Other injury is a major at the discretion of the referee.

Technically, I think this is only for high sticking.

:so_raven:
    Corvus wrote: »

I think this is true.

On the other hand, if you, say, elbow someone and draw blood, you're probably going to get at minimum a double minor.

• SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »

I think this is true.

On the other hand, if you, say, elbow someone and draw blood, you're probably going to get at minimum a double minor.

I'm pretty sure you'd get a major/misconduct, actually. The rulebook's table of reference for infractions that can result in a double minor is incredibly short:

1. High sticking/drawing blood
    2. Attempting to spear without making contact
    3. Attempting to butt-end without making contact
    4. Head-butting without making contact

Boy those Flyers are sure rolling over the Devils. Good thing redfield isn't scared.

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Goals and penalties aplenty in Philadelphia? Never saw that coming

(I tease but I hope the Flyers win the series)

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Definite rust in the first period, Flyers are getting it rolling now.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • SquirrelmobSquirrelmob Registered User regular
    Flyers should have at least 1 more goal than they do. Missing some great opportunities.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Matrias wrote: »
    Boy those Flyers are sure rolling over the Devils. Good thing redfield isn't scared.

Yea, good thing the Flyers were rusty from a week layover so you can come and troll.

This should've ended 3-2. Bryzgalov was good early and let a weak one in. I'm not worried at all. After the first, the Flyers have been playing perfectly fine and will win this series. It was bad enough they let Briere score, but waking up the 2011 Playoff JVR? Yea, good luck in this series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeZbleqew6s

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Lol rusty from a week off. You're my favorite kind of internet person.

What? Someone that knows sports? Thanks!

Someone explain to Mr. mr_mich about being rusty after having too much time off in a sport.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    Eh, the Flyers don't do well after time off. That's pretty consistent from the regular season, when the scheduled had 2-3 days off between games.

Anyways, it looks like bryz is going to lose this for us.

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I love you

I know that was kicked in, but lol at Brodeur's "save".

mr_mich on
    edited April 2012
    Not that I like Brodeur (I kind of do), but that is a shitty try for that goal. His own style is losing!

JVR is Briere Jr. at being a beast. Double headed beast those two. FLYERS HYDRA!

6a0120a6dde087970b0168eae8218d970c-pi

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Redfield you need to calm down, buddy. Was a joke. I said as much in my next post.

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Jesus it gets testy in here during the playoffs.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    Matrias wrote: »
    Redfield you need to calm down, buddy. Was a joke. I said as much in my next post.

Sorry. I read it before I read your other post and didn't realize. Everyone has been in attack mode on Flyers fans, so, well, yea. Again, sorry.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Coyotes are playing really well against the Predators.

Where the fuck was this Pekka Rinne last week?

• JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ok, I'm gonna say it.

The whiteout in Phoenix is stupid.

Indeed. It doesn't make sense. The visitors wear white. The home team is wearing red.

steam_sig-400.png
    I am the best at predicting things!

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Where the fuck was this Pekka Rinne last week?

And the rest of the Nashville D?? Just get swept already Nashville, you guys suck.

edited April 2012
    NailbunnyPD on
    steam_sig-400.png
    Hahaha. That is great.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Ok, I'm gonna say it.

The Coyotes started doing whiteouts back when they were the Jets, so it's just a tradition that carried over. It doesn't really make sense when anyone does it, no one has white home uniforms, but it looks cool.

Blendtec wrote: »
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Ok, I'm gonna say it.

The Coyotes started doing whiteouts back when they were the Jets, so it's just a tradition that carried over. It doesn't really make sense when anyone does it, no one has white home uniforms, but it looks cool.

Don't the home teams get to pick what uniforms are worn?

bYf6vNQ.png