As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NHL Thread: Can Lidstrom Unretire? Please?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    So kudos to Martin Hanzal for realizing that the refs were going to call absolutely nothing tonight. He has taken so many penalties that weren't called.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    So, there is like an 80% chance that Phoenix gives up the tying goal based on past experiences, right?

• Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    At least Columbus has an excuse for not selling out games, the team isn't particularly good (no offense, they just aren't) and the ownership doesn't seem to give a damn. Devils not selling out is embarrassing, they're a good team and it's not like there's a whole lot else to do in Newark. I'm sure plenty of people will be buying Devils gear and complaining about why they think X,Y and Z is a problem for the team if they make it into the finals though.

The Devils should have stayed in the Meadowlands if they gave a shit about attracting fans to the games. The demographics of the city don't particularly align with hockey fans, and considering the city's reputation for crime, most wouldn't bother commuting in when they just as well sit at home or the local bar to watch the game.

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    ReiRei New YorkRegistered User regular
    What a disgrace by the refs. Miss Boyles broken stick then call Hagelin for the same thing 2 minutes later. Then somehow miss an over the glass on Knuble, the most open and shut penalty there is. Don't mind to lose a game, but not that bullshit way.

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    On the off the chance the Flyers make the Finals and lose to the Kings... How big would the shit storm be?

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    So, one game for Ovie's jump check to the head?

I mean, he is a repeat offender, unlike Neal, but like that fucking matters.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Matrias wrote: »
    On the off the chance the Flyers make the Finals and lose to the Kings... How big would the shit storm be?

I'm more curious about what happens if Phoenix actually wins the Cup. Who's name goes on as the team owner?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Jayricho wrote: »

I'm more curious about what happens if Phoenix actually wins the Cup. Who's name goes on as the team owner?

And how awkward is it when the league moves the team to Quebec?

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    That'd be kind of funny. Quebec loses a team and that same team wins a Cup the following season. A different team wins the Cup, and moves to Quebec the following season. Some kind of strange poetic justice at work.

• Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Girardi didn't miss a shift, so that means nothing will happen, probably not even a hearing.

• Options
    Rei wrote: »

Girardi didn't miss a shift, so that means nothing will happen, probably not even a hearing.

Don't think Giroux missed a shift, either.

But, I agree. Probably nothing for Ovie.

• Options
    It's more nothing because he didn't actually hit his head. It was correctly called a two minute charging penalty. That'll be that. If it's another half second late, then it's suspendable.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular

I fucking hate Jeff Carter, but if he wins the Cup, I will frost my tips and make sure to shoot high and wide during my ice hockey games. If they lose in the finals? I will drink in celebration. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    When do you retire the Burtleblinders? Ovechkin's hit wasn't anything like Neal's two hits that targeted the head. It's more like Malkin's hit on Couturier, except Malkin didn't leave his feet. Questionable hit, but Malkin didn't get called. Ovi got a charging call for leaving his feet.

Besides, Neal is a repeat offender. Shanahan even acknowledged that fact in his video review. Skip to 2:10 for the bulletpoints if you need a reminder.

Also, for reference, here is the Malkin hit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uk4EJvFXU8

NailbunnyPD on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Malkin is quietly a very dirty player. If they really wanted to send a message, they'd suspend him.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    When do you retire the Burtleblinders? Ovechkin's hit wasn't anything like Neal's two hits that targeted the head. It's more like Malkin's hit on Couturier, except Malkin didn't leave his feet. Questionable hit, but Malkin didn't get called. Ovi got a charging call for leaving his feet.

Besides, Neal is a repeat offender. Shanahan even acknowledged that fact in his video review. Skip to 2:10 for the bulletpoints if you need a reminder.

Also, for reference, here is the Malkin hit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uk4EJvFXU8

Cool story, bro.

Not sure what it had to do with anything I said, but...

Edit: Any anyone who says Malkin is dirtier than Ovie has never watched hockey.

Fact.

Edit the second: if we are taking shanawhatevers rulings as fact, Neal did not, in fact, target the head on courturier

Edit the third: pretty fucking sure I said Neal should get a game or two for those questionable hits on the flyers. All I argued was that the first one was incidental (shanajoke agrees!) and he didn't jump before contact against Giroux, but he did get his hands up high. No idea why you Flyers fans completely misrepresent my position on these issues.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Before the game I thought "whoever wins this game will win the series". But now that the caps have won (and I am a caps fan) I'm not so sure I believe that.

So I guess what I really thought was, "if the caps lose today, they lose the series".

Also: Ovi isn't particularly dirty; he just leaves his feet a lot.

Sublimus on
  • Options
    Sublimus wrote: »
    Also: Ovi isn't particularly dirty; he just leaves his feet a lot.

wat

:?:

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Cool story, bro.

Are you for real? Is this some sort of shtick?

And who the hell is misrepresenting you? You're arguing with yourself.

Besides, how can anyone misrepresent you when you don't even own up to what you post around here?

NailbunnyPD on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Ovechkin has a history too. So that's neutral.

• Options
    Edit: Any anyone who says Malkin is dirtier than Ovie has never watched hockey..
    Its cool because no one said that.

But Malkin is a pretty dirty guy. Ask Boychuck, Mitchell, Couturier, and Grossman.

• Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    I mean, he is a repeat offender, unlike Neal

It's even on this page.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Guys.

Just have to say.

Today was the best day of my life. I have wanted to see the Caps in DC since I was fucking 12. I'm 29.

Holy shit. Did you know, if you get there early, they let you watch warm-ups FROM ICE LEVEL? The distance between me and Knuble was like, a centimeter. Ovie CHECKED THE GLASS I WAS LEANING AGAINST AND THEN GAVE ME A "FUCK YES" LOOK.

I feel like I'm 12, and Im a grown ass man supposedly.

God damn going to a real NHL arena of your favorite team is something everyone should do in their lifetime.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Edit: Any anyone who says Malkin is dirtier than Ovie has never watched hockey..
    Its cool because no one said that.

But Malkin is a pretty dirty guy. Ask Boychuck, Mitchell, Couturier, and Grossman.

I agree.

So, again, not sure what the flyers fans are trying to represent my opinion as.

Because my opinion was never that crosby, nor malkin was a clean player.

Nor was my opinion ever that neal should not have been suspended.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Cool story, bro.

Besides, how can anyone misrepresent you when you don't even own up to what you post around here?

What have I posted around here that has disagreed with other thing I've posted around here?

Don't worry. I'll wait.

• Options
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »
    I mean, he is a repeat offender, unlike Neal

It's even on this page.

This is probably true.

I'll admit, I didn't follow, or even know who, james neal was before he was a penguin.

So, maybe, I got that small part incorrect. James neal was a repeat offender.

Enough other people in this thread have said it, I'll believe them.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Guys.

Just have to say.

Today was the best day of my life. I have wanted to see the Caps in DC since I was fucking 12. I'm 29.

Holy shit. Did you know, if you get there early, they let you watch warm-ups FROM ICE LEVEL? The distance between me and Knuble was like, a centimeter. Ovie CHECKED THE GLASS I WAS LEANING AGAINST AND THEN GAVE ME A "FUCK YES" LOOK.

God damn going to a real NHL arena of your favorite team is something everyone should do in their lifetime.

Cool story, bro.

*insert Burtleboy rant that will later not be valid in discussions*

Really, it is awesome that you had a great time. Hartnell acknowledged my brother-in-law wearing his Hartnell wig. He was pretty happy about that. I actually have a sad story. I am the hugest Recchi fan. During pregame, when he was on the Flyers, I stood about 2-3 rows from the glass. He was tossing pucks over the glass. I caught one and it bounced out of my hand. :'(

Guys, I shaved my playoff beard (well, actually from a few floor hockey playoffs/fantasy hockey playoffs). I now have a stache and terribly large sideburns. I am wearing this for my ice hockey game tomorrow. Haha. Maybe I will get a pic and show off how awesome I am.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Guys.

Just have to say.

Cool story, bro.

*insert Burtleboy rant that will later not be valid in discussions*

Really, it is awesome that you had a great time. Hartnell acknowledged my brother-in-law wearing his Hartnell wig. He was pretty happy about that. I actually have a sad story. I am the hugest Recchi fan. During pregame, when he was on the Flyers, I stood about 2-3 rows from the glass. He was tossing pucks over the glass. I caught one and it bounced out of my hand. :'(

Guys, I shaved my playoff beard (well, actually from a few floor hockey playoffs/fantasy hockey playoffs). I now have a stache and terribly large sideburns. I am wearing this for my ice hockey game tomorrow. Haha. Maybe I will get a pic and show off how awesome I am.

My friend is threatening that he may have to shave his beard to go to a funeral. I told him if you do, we're not friends anymore. I've been sporting a heinous mustache (as I'm not allowed a beard at work) for a month now, and its truly an epic failure of a mustache but dammit it stays until the joyful or tearful end.

• Options
    Cool story, bro.

What have I posted around here that has disagreed with other thing I've posted around here?

Don't worry. I'll wait.

Cool story, bro. Keep on trolling.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Nevermind. Not worth it.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    The LA Kings juggernaut just keeps on growing

• Options
    Well, the Blues are toast. There goes my West pick.

Gotta find a new bandwagon I guess.

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Good game, great to see the Kings moving on. They keep this up they could be bringing home the Cup.

• Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    YEAH BABY!!!! What an unreal run thus far! But it's only halfway :/

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Kings are going to the finals. I hope its a long one.

How's the bandwagon, KPC? Well furnished? ;)

Matrias on
  • Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    I'm totally on the Kings bandwagon if the Preds continue their fall from glory. I always said "If only Mike Richards wasn't a Flyer...." and now he's not, so Godspeed, LA fans!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I'm rooting for them, too. I want them to go very deep, if only to soften them up for next season.

I don't care if they win the Cup or not, but it'd be nice to see all the cupless teams founded in the 60's and 70's start popping their cherry's

Matrias on
  • Options
    It's decided then; LA Kings are the new black.

• Options
    We can all agree Doughty is a bitch though, right?

• Options
    On this there is consensus.