As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 74 - In doldari's 4th Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

1234568»

• Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Round 5-4. Battle Phases

game74state61.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Vermin Outbreak - The cost to summon each figure is increased by one. Chaos card effects are immune to this limitation. Each player may roll no more than two battle dice per battle, per region.
    Morrslieb Eclipsed - Khorne and Nurgle cannot play Chaos cards.

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodletters - You gain two victory points each time you kill a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter.
    Bloodthirster - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may summon a Bloodthirster for 0 power into a region that contains six or more corruption tokens once per round.

Infested Colony - When you dominate a region, place two corruption tokens in that region.
    Plaguebearers - When a Plaguebearer is killed during the battle phase, place one of your corruption tokens in that region.

Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover.
    Rise to Glory - When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to your domination value in that region.
    Keeper of Secrets - A Keeper of Secrets counts as three Noble tokens.

The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region.
    Vermin Lord - You may summon a Vermin Lord from the board (rather than from your stockpile) for 1 power.

- Chaos Card Effects
    The Empire : Ultimate Plague (During the end phase, leave this card in its current card space if you placed at least one corruption token in this region during this round. Otherwise, remove this card)
    Bretonnia : Doomwheel (If you dominate this region, score three victory points) and Doomwheel (If you dominate this region, score three victory points)
    Tilea : Glean (This region is considered adjacent to all other regions)

Battle Dice
    Troll Country : 2 Dice, 2 Dice
    The Empire : 2 Dice, 2 Dice, 2 Dice
    Bretonnia : 2 Dice, 1 Dice
    Estalia : 2 Dice, 2 Dice
    Tilea : 1 Dice, 1 Dice

doldari on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Troll Country (2d6.hitsopen(4,6)=1) One hit; good for nothin'!
    The Empire (2d6.hitsopen(4,6)=1) One hit; kill a Leper.
    Bretonnia (2d6.hitsopen(4,6)=0) God blessed damn it.
    Estalia (2d6.hitsopen(4,6)=2) Two useless hits where I need them least =/

All I needed was one extra hit in the Empire or Bretonnia to keep hope alive! Rolled 8 dice, got 4 hits but three of them were in the wrong spots, lol. Now all I can do is get to 49 VP (and will likely only get to 31-35 VP.)

The Empire is a pretty tricky situation. If Tzeentch whiffs, Nurgle wins. If Tzeentch gets a hit and kills a Leper but Nurgle gets a hit and kills a Clan Rat, Nurgle wins. Only way for the game to continue is if Tzeentch hits and Nurgle whiffs.

Rius on
  • Options
    OverhamsterenOverhamsteren CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Miss in Troll Country
    http://orokos.com/roll/70037

make art until someone dies
  • Options
    BoardGamerBoardGamer Registered User regular
    1 hit to The Empire.
    Kill a Clan rat.

• Options
    Ahh, damn. Really well played game, Nurgle; you did well to get so entrenched in The Empire right before Vermin Outbreak hit.

• Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Oh bloody hell I'm an idiot.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • Options
    One had wondered if you weren't doing the math on this round, Cutfang, but I didn't want to point anything out. Though it does sadden me that you put the big guy in Estalia, at the time it seemed like you might have just been covering all the bases. I might have ended this round with 51 VP if I'd gotten different hits on my dice and if nobody had bothered to stop me there.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    1 hit in the Empire - Kill a Leper

Holy Jesus. 5 HITS IN TILEA ON ONE DIE, murdering every rat in the place.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Well, that's a hell of a thing. Ultimately irrelevant, but still a hell of a thing!

It is a crying shame that we didn't get one more hit in the Empire. If we had killed a Plaguebearer, the Empire would be ruined but Nurgle would tie for domination with the Horned Rat and thus would only be at 44 VP. So you should have gotten your five hits there, haha.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Well, that's a hell of a thing. Ultimately irrelevant, but still a hell of a thing!

It is a crying shame that we didn't get one more hit in the Empire. If we had killed a Plaguebearer, the Empire would be ruined but Nurgle would tie for domination with the Horned Rat and thus would only be at 44 VP. So you should have gotten your five hits there, haha.

If I had gotten 5 hits in the Empire, it wouldn't have ruined. Then we'd be in a real spot.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Yes, it would have; Nurgle has the Plaguebearer upgrade.

The problem with the Empire this round was if Nurgle both dominated it AND it ruined it would put him to 49 VP. And that was compounded by the fact that if he dominates a region he drops corruption in it (Infested Colony); basically we had to stop him from dominating it and that was a tall order.

• Options
    The Horned Rat was in the best position to contest Nurgle for Domination in the Empire but (as he has since discovered) it looks like he played his PP a little inefficiently. That last Rat Ogre really should have gone to the Empire but I can't fault him for attempting to protect his own interests along with attempting to stop not one but two gods poised to end the game this turn.

Slaanesh, on the other hand, looked purely to his own interests and abandoned any pretense of helping out with slowing down the Empire =)

• Options
    How should I stop anything in the Empire, only thing stopping it would be exactly 2 hits right? With 4 dice already there putting more dice in there wouldn't help the odds.

Anyway I completely screwed up the turn, forgetting that sacrificing the 2 cultists in Kislev cut me off from the south and then not being able to get PP from debauchery on top of that.

• Options
    Hmm, it was ok if the Empire ruined, but not if he Dominated it at the same time. That six VP is pretty killer.

Who put that Skaven there anyway? Hehe.

• Options
    I was a fool

Bretonnia: 2 hits. Shred the poor Bloodletter so I can fight the Hero for myself.
    Estalia: 2 hits. Choke the Bloodsworn and giggle.
    Tilea: 0 hits. Roll a 1 and then be promptly massacred.

Good plays Nurgle. My adding of numbers is quite terrible. Shame the ruination numbers aren't available on hand.

Also what the eff at LoserForHire's battle dice.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Round 5-5. Corruption Phases

game74state62.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Vermin Outbreak - The cost to summon each figure is increased by one. Chaos card effects are immune to this limitation. Each player may roll no more than two battle dice per battle, per region.
    Morrslieb Eclipsed - Khorne and Nurgle cannot play Chaos cards.

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodletters - You gain two victory points each time you kill a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter.
    Bloodthirster - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may summon a Bloodthirster for 0 power into a region that contains six or more corruption tokens once per round.

Infested Colony - When you dominate a region, place two corruption tokens in that region.
    Plaguebearers - When a Plaguebearer is killed during the battle phase, place one of your corruption tokens in that region.

Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover.
    Rise to Glory - When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to your domination value in that region.
    Keeper of Secrets - A Keeper of Secrets counts as three Noble tokens.

The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region.
    Vermin Lord - You may summon a Vermin Lord from the board (rather than from your stockpile) for 1 power.

- Chaos Card Effects
    The Empire : Ultimate Plague (During the end phase, leave this card in its current card space if you placed at least one corruption token in this region during this round. Otherwise, remove this card)
    Bretonnia : Doomwheel (If you dominate this region, score three victory points) and Doomwheel (If you dominate this region, score three victory points)
    Tilea : Glean (This region is considered adjacent to all other regions)

Domination Step
    Norsca : +1VP
    Troll Country : +6VP
    The Empire : +6VP, +2 Corruption DAC
    Bretonnia : +3VP DAC, +6VP Doomwheel
    Tilea : +2VP
    The Border Princes : +1VP, +2 Corruption

Corruption Step
    Norsca : +2 DAC, +1
    Estalia : +2
    The Border Princes : +3

Check for Ruination
    The Empire 2ed : +4VP, +4VP
    The Border Princes 3rd : +4VP, +4VP

Updated VP
    31VP
    28 + 7 + 8 = 43VP
    16 + 3 = 19VP
    25 + 6 = 31VP
    26 + 9 + 8 = 43VP

Things that need to happen:
    1. @Cutfang move your figure from The Empire into one adjacent region.

Edit : It's the result when one Clan Rat move to The Border Princes. I think this is the best.

doldari on
  • Options
    Man I didn't even realize he was going to ruin the Border Princes too. Jesus. Well played, man!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Round 5-6. End Phases

game74state64.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved.
    The Empire : Bloodletter
    Bretonnia : Horned Rat choose one figure.

3. Resolve Old World cards. - None

4. Score Ruined Regions.
    The Empire : +11VP, +5VP
    The Border Princes : +8VP, +4VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - Each god ticks once except Slaanesh
    28 - Upgrade
    26 - Remove 2 Corruption
    20 - Upgrade
    20 - Summon 1 Warrior

Updated VP
    31VP
    43 + 19 = 62VP
    19 + 4 = 23VP
    31VP
    43 + 5 = 48VP

6. Check for Game end

NURGLE WINS A VP VICTORY!

doldari on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Final

Doldari's 4th Old World was destroyed at the hand of a BoardGamer.
    But, survivors wander to find a different world.
    Finally, they will move other's world, Doldari's 5th Old World.

Who will be able to destroy Doldari's 5th Old World?
    You shall see.

game74state67.png

Congratulation, BoardGamer.

doldari on
  • Options
    Grats BoardGamer

• Options
    Grats, and thanks for making the move for me. Silly time zones. Although I could hardly hope to keep up with BoardGamer's awesome VP gains.

Thank you very much for hosting Doldari. It was most excellent.

Dancing Bagel