As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

annoying social networking stuff

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    oh man. I want to see cat updates! and eventual baby pictures! may I add you on facebook, @janson?

Of course!

And yeah I am pretty much crazy cat person on Facebook

Ain't apologizing, either

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Posting images to your FB wall that contain nothing but text.

I want to stab people who do that.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Gonna start an Antisocial networking site where it's just me posting about how much I hate people.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Sometimes I post things on Facebook and get no responses at all, and then I sit and think about whether or not to delete the account the next day, but I never do.

• Options
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

I hate when people share those "LIKE THIS IF YOU FEEL SORRY FOR THIS BABY" things and then it is a deformed baby corpse and I am like, yeah I do I suppose but that isn't what I clicked facebook to see.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I like Facebook, usually. But then people post something stupid or passive-aggressive.
    ` Just shut up, okay? Im allowed to dislike somebody who hurt me, Im allowed to say what I want, laugh how I want, do what I want, and be who I want! This is my life, and if you dont like it then theres something wrong with yours, not mine!

then later that day, from the same person
    ` Youre only a teenager. Youre not yet married, so go with the flow, laugh tons and try something new! Will you just kiss him already? Trust your feelings, spend cash, introduce yourself, take a chance, study hard, seek happiness and regret nothing! He isnt 'your whole world', because you havent even lived in this world long enough to say that, think about it, 10 years is more than half your age. Youre still a tiny tot. Dont laugh at other peoples dreams, wish on 11:11, challenge yourself, take pictures and appreciate the memories. Have the time of your life! ♥

I have no idea who she is talking to.

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Facebook is a slow piece of garbage with floating ads everywhere and boxes and it's basically the prime example of Web 2.0 done wrong.

hahaha just kidding there is no proper way to "do" web 2.0.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I much prefer Facebook when it isn't people trying to use it to be political. I hate that you have to see everything your Facebook friends do now.

The share button is an abomination.

• Options
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Sometimes I post things on Facebook and get no responses at all, and then I sit and think about whether or not to delete the account the next day, but I never do.
    I used to feel this way

I did close my account for a month, and no one noticed

And then I got cats :P

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Passive aggressive posts on Facebook are why I've culled my friends list.

That, and I could never keep it to a multiple of 2.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I held out on getting a facebook until my junior year of high school, then I caved and got hopelessly hooked. It's convenient for staying in the loop, though, cause I'm still in college. Twitter has no appeal for me.

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I much prefer Facebook when it isn't people trying to use it to be political. I hate that you have to see everything your Facebook friends do now.

My posts must be the highlight of your facebook visits. :)

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Facebook is alright

much like Rachel I only use it for cat pictures

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »
    I used to feel this way

I did close my account for a month, and no one noticed

And then I got cats :P

The bit that confuses me is that I got hassle from several of my friends every time I saw them, about how I absolutely had to get Facebook etc.

Well, I finally have it, and you guys are on it, annnnnnnnnnnd you're almost never commenting on my shit.

So what was the bitching about to begin with?

People don't make any sense.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    it's really uncomfortable when people from two different spheres of your life have a disagreement on your Facebook

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I use it a lot because I don't live close to the majority of people I know in real life so it's at least a way to keep up.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Also toot is forever you just gotta deal w it @sheri

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    I suck at all forms of social networks. Lady SH has taken a liking to Pinterest but I don't really see it's appeal yet.

But if you have an iPad/iPhone for gods sake please go buy tweetbot because it's the best

STOP SAYING TOOT

UNLESS YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT FARTS

• Options
  • Options
    To be fair there are quite a few people whose updates I appreciate that I don't always comment on

And re. this whole page, yeeeesh, yeah, I pretty much have no one posting any of those kinds of things on their walls

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    I suck at all forms of social networks. Lady SH has taken a liking to Pinterest but I don't really see it's appeal yet.

But if you have an iPad/iPhone for gods sake please go buy tweetbot because it's the best

STOP SAYING TOOT

or trumpets!

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    oh man. I want to see cat updates! and eventual baby pictures! may I add you on facebook, @janson?

Of course!

And yeah I am pretty much crazy cat person on Facebook

Ain't apologizing, either

I'm a crazy cat person too so I will love it

(I think I've successfully stalked you)

• Options
    The Willy Wonka meme is particularly annoying.

At least the images with WHAT WE DO - WHAT DIFFERENT GROUPS THINK WE DO stopped.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Sheri wrote: »

STOP SAYING TOOT

or trumpets!

Exactly

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »

I hate when people share those "LIKE THIS IF YOU FEEL SORRY FOR THIS BABY" things and then it is a deformed baby corpse and I am like, yeah I do I suppose but that isn't what I clicked facebook to see.

Microsoft will donate $1 to a cancer research foundation each time this quote gets quoted. PASS IT ON AND LET'S CURE CANCER!

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular

But I tagged you in this picture of the magna carta. You're such a Nullus distringatur

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    I also hate when I'm bored and want to chat and none of my friends are on and the SE++ Chat is all political and bleh...like right now.

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Y

O

L

O

• Options
    I also hate when I'm bored and want to chat and none of my friends are on and the SE++ Chat is all political and bleh...like right now.

Watch never ending story with me.

• Options
    agoaj wrote: »

But I tagged you in this picture of the magna carta. You're such a Nullus distringatur

That better be Latin for "silly goose" or you're gonna get it!

• Options

My wife is watching...Army Wives. BLEGH.

• Options

My wife is watching...Army Wives. BLEGH.

B-but?! Atrayu!

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    my site wouldn't have worked out at all without social media

we'd probably have abandoned it by now

i guess i do find it irksome when other games writers go on twitter and are like 'hurgh! i constantly have minor personal crises and get in fights on twitter and clog up orikae's timeline'

but then i just read bandit and i feel better

• Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    I like following you guys on facebook. It does kinda creep me out when I add someone from the forums, and I'll know something about their life they posted even though we've never talked about it.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I've been tempted to make a new SE++ facebook group.

That isn't populated by horrible people.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular

I have a friend that posts incredibly inflammatory political shit on facebook, and then bitches on twitter about how her post on facebook started a fight.

I pray a drunk bus driver crashes into her bedroom.

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »

With blackjack? and hookers?

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular

Exactly.

• Options

Exactly.

You had me from hello.

• Options
    Sometimes it's not all that bad.

Other times the chat flips out though.