Hello, you may now embed "gifv" simply by pasting the link (same as youtube). Enjoy!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[EAST] PAX East 2012 Pictures and Video Thread

• DestinyHeroDestinyHero Otaku PARegistered User regular
    Just uploaded my pictures. Feel free to tag yourself in any such photos. I wish I had gotten more pictures, I completely missed some of the awesome costumes in this thread. PAX is never long enough, right??

https://facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10102575642279114.3825065.9357653&type=1

• willowtasticwillowtastic Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if there are videos of the Gabe & Tycho Q & As and the Make a Strip?

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    Does anyone know if there are videos of the Gabe & Tycho Q & As and the Make a Strip?

Both are up on the twitch.tv page, as all that was livestreamed was also recorded.

• CronoZeroCronoZero Registered User regular
    Ok, starting to upload photos now. I'll post a link to a G+ album later. Sorry if they're not that great. Let me know (PM or gmail@CronoZero) if you want me to take one down or if you want a higher resolution one (assuming it's a photo of you).

1:
    3020ytf.jpg

2:
    5vszyg.jpg

3:
    2r2xhxk.jpg

4:
    21juovn.jpg

5:
    2rnycte.jpg

• lirelentlirelent Registered User regular
    Behind the scenes video of the Personal Observation Testers for Aperture Testing and Observation at the second Q&A

Another small group from the first day:

1:
    14d1s8p.jpg

2:
    33m7bsx.jpg

3 (yes, there was a proposal at Riot's Cosplay Competition):
    mubybq.jpg

Anyone have a video of the proposal from the first Q&A?

4:
    16bdj4i.jpg

5:
    u3spj.jpg

6:
    10wrvc4.jpg

• PrinnysaurusRexPrinnysaurusRex TexasRegistered User regular
    I took a couple of video clips and made this video:

Now going over the photos, will post when ready!

• PinkRangerPinkRanger Registered User regular
    Cosplayer and a gamer.

Find me on twitter- @pink_4ssass1n
    and twitch- twitch.tv/pink_4ssass1n
  • KilonumKilonum [E] West of Boston, East of WorcesterRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kilonum on
    9kcFSJ7.png

PAX East 2015 checklist: Accomodations [X] Enforcer Roll Call [X] Travel [X] Time Off requested [X] Time Off approved [X] BYOC [X]
  • lirelentlirelent Registered User regular
    The POTATO crew gets stuck in an elevator.

The POTATO crew sings still alive on the rock band stage.

• robjames112robjames112 Registered User
    edited April 2012
    I know the panels were streamed but I am wondering if it was recorded?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I know the panels were streamed but I am wondering if it was recorded?

As has been said before, the streamed panels were also recorded on twitch.tv. You can find them there (although they're indexed by day, not by panel, last I checked).

Here's my G+ album of Friday! There's a lot of photos...which I guess is either good or bad, haha.

https://plus.google.com/photos/107960714162033961985/albums/5730879999524523057

Also, during the weekend, I had a little personal project I was dealing with, here's a teaser, haha:

33yi0br.jpg

• robjames112robjames112 Registered User
    edited April 2012
    zerzhul wrote: »
    As has been said before, the streamed panels were also recorded on twitch.tv. You can find them there (although they're indexed by day, not by panel, last I checked).

Found it. Not there for that particular panel though.

robjames112 on
  • RoxasBladeRoxasBlade USARegistered User
    Handgimp wrote: »

You should post your picture with Mike and Khoo; I was impressed with Khoo's lungs when he yelled "Krahulik" across the lobby.

Hahaha I'll have to have Arthur do that, it was taken on his 3DS. But yeah Khoo is magical and so are his vocal chords. XD

Forever cosplaying every version of Gabe.
    http://SoNotTwins.Tumblr.com
    http://www.RoxasAngellPhoto.com
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Many thanks to these two, who took a hit for the team and got free Skyrim-treats in exchange for their photo. You can see the photo in context here.

Honey_Nut_Treat_Cosplay.jpg

EDIT: I was actually looking for Meat Shield with his arrow-in-the-knee when I found these two hanging out outside Arachnid theater. I'm super happy with the shot, and MS - you looked pretty busy anyway.

LexiconGrrl on
    Owner of and General Badass Chick at Seattle's only Gamer-Owned Distillery, Old Ballard Liquor Co. 15% off purchases in the Tasting Room with a PAX Badge!

Want to try some gamer-made booze but don't want to leave the Con? Stop by the Carlile Room across from the Main Theater for PAX's best 8-bit happy hour! All day, all weekend during PAX.
  • ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    I went ahead and made my PAX East 2012 album public:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3692458192905.163681.1318776521&type=3

Pics I took, and pics of me that other took. Not a whole lot, I fear. The last four pictures in the album show the costume I was wearing on Sunday - again, if you see any other pictures of that costume on the Web, or if you took any yourself, please pass them along! I fixed the crown later, and I know I outright posed for several people. I would really love copies of those photographs.

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • PinkRangerPinkRanger Registered User regular

Nerd Reactor's video

Cosplayer and a gamer.

Find me on twitter- @pink_4ssass1n
    and twitch- twitch.tv/pink_4ssass1n
  • TangoTango Registered User
    CronoZero wrote: »
    Here's my G+ album of Friday! There's a lot of photos...which I guess is either good or bad, haha.

https://plus.google.com/photos/107960714162033961985/albums/5730879999524523057

Also, during the weekend, I had a little personal project I was dealing with, here's a teaser, haha:

33yi0br.jpg
    Aaaah, so that was you! I was around for at least two of those instances, although I obviously didn't directly participate ;)

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker Registered User regular
    Does anyone have the sign outside the convention center saying "Welcome to PAXXXX " or "wanna play a game". I want them for my swag & photo collage I make every year.

I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Registered User regular
    Does anyone have the sign outside the convention center saying "Welcome to PAXXXX " or "wanna play a game". I want them for my swag & photo collage I make every year.

not sure what happened to this shot, i think the sign was starting to change, but it's "would you like to play a game?"

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
  • KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Registered User regular
    I know I've seen those in some of those signs in the various albums linked. Sadly I never did get a pic myself.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Thanks! All set!

Lady Lilybell on
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • ChimneyImpChimneyImp Shifty Eyes BostonRegistered User regular
    That was amazing.

• ChaosLightChaosLight Registered User regular
    I'm sure it's a long shot, because I didn't really go as anything, but I'm hoping to find some pictures of me in my chainmail shirt with the bronze trim. Anyone happen to get one?

• Cosplayer NationCosplayer Nation Registered User
    This is a mix of PAX East 2011 and perhaps 2012. Holly Conrad (Mass Effect Commander Shepard cosplay) from Crabcat Industries is the spotlight here from last year, and this year she is in the Comic Con documentary by Morgan Spurlock:

Cosplayer Nation: A Nationwide Documentarian project on American Cosplayers

CRUSADE THE NATION:
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cosplay.nation
    Email: cosplayernation (at) gmail.com
  • VideoGameStupidVideoGameStupid Registered User regular
    I got some footage from all 3 days up. I'll post a link to the photos in the future.

Friday:
    Saturday:
    Sunday:

• cowboxcowbox Registered User
    edited April 2012

thats me, if anyone managed to grab any photos of me I'd love you forever!

cowbox on
  • arcadegamerarcadegamer Registered User
    tvethiopia wrote: »

not sure what happened to this shot, i think the sign was starting to change, but it's "would you like to play a game?"
    i just have this pic it my profile pic

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Saturday:

For those of you underagers, the monks were a reference to the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail. You'll understand when you're older. :P

Brilliant Reference, by the way!

LexiconGrrl on
    Owner of and General Badass Chick at Seattle's only Gamer-Owned Distillery, Old Ballard Liquor Co. 15% off purchases in the Tasting Room with a PAX Badge!

Want to try some gamer-made booze but don't want to leave the Con? Stop by the Carlile Room across from the Main Theater for PAX's best 8-bit happy hour! All day, all weekend during PAX.
    More photos from me, with deviations from the cosplayers since I hit up the tabletop area:

1:
    2i0yxoh.jpg

2:
    ndahps.jpg

3:
    dqhitf.jpg

4:
    10fq41z.jpg

5:
    5l2ro6.jpg

6:
    2e1b1uf.jpg

• YsterathYsterath Registered User regular
    LastRyghtz wrote: »

Great shots :) I have friends who will love to see those pics :) Still think you need more shots of Enforcers being awesome though ;)

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Some of the cosplay there was really amazing.

steam_sig.png
    cowbox wrote: »

thats me, if anyone managed to grab any photos of me I'd love you forever!
    @cowbox : Is this you?
    Spoiler:

also, if anyone knows who these two ladies are, that'd be really awesome. We hit it off right away, but I never got contact info! :(
    Spoiler:

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    More pics from day two and the link to my album:

1:
    ifoqc6.jpg

2:
    wt9i51.jpg

3:
    dpkbuu.jpg

4:
    27ysrdj.jpg

5:
    2s6u3o9.jpg

https://plus.google.com/photos/107960714162033961985/albums/5732198139786426209

• MunkieWrenchMunkieWrench Registered User
    Did anyone happen to get a picture of the ginger girl dressed up as Link on Friday? If so, I would be ever so grateful if I could get to see those pictures because it was my first time cosplaying, and I'd like to have pictures for my Senior Scrapbook and such.

@MunkieWrench
    Not gingers, but I do have two fem links:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • CreamsteakCreamsteak Registered User regular
    I havn't seen much of the cosplay Zero from the Friday night concerts or the gattling-gun protoman from Sunday. Both of those seemed pretty awesome.

I'm also hoping to spot the eevee family picture from the bar crawl and at least one picture of myself with the silly fluttershy hat from Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.