As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Batarian Hegemony Presents: The Mass Effect Thread

13»

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Nerd lets fuckin play this game tonight when I get off work

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    also, is anyone up for some silver or gold on the xbox

I will be after having some breakfast.

And as much as I've joined in on Batarian hate before I am ready for them to step up.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    when is that

because I have to go to school tomorrow

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    but I already use the paladin on, like, three other guys

Well, then you're doing god's work!

If you want to take a sniper rifle on an infiltrator, I would say go human, take all weapon damage increases, and spec for sticky grenade. The salarian just works really well with a pistol

I don't see how pistol would work better with salarians than with other races. Especially since pistols weigh them down more than humans.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

Butters wrote: »
    Honest question: Is reducing weapon weight ever really worth it?

always

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Also do we know if the new DLC is going live after midnight, or sometime during the day?

• Options
    when is that

Ugghh nerd stop being awful.

Like four and a half hours and I'll be home

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    when is that

Ugghh nerd stop being awful.

Like four and a half hours and I'll be home

sorry, that's too late for me

• Options
    Nerd you suck

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

Really, I'm more for revolving a spec around either heavy cooldown use, or little to no cooldown use. If you're using a pec where you want lots of power use, but still want to bring a heavy weapon (but won't be depending on the weapon for your primary damage output), it's worth it.

Like, say, if you wanted to put a shotgun on an engineer, something like that.

• Options
    sorry you live in some shit-ass timezone/work some lame-ass night shift

...not 8-)

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Being more observant and picking up on details like that is more a function of the brain than just having a bunch of eyes though

mass effect fields

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Also do we know if the new DLC is going live after midnight, or sometime during the day?

This is a good question

I'm also wondering if the 4 new races/classes are going to be unlocked automatically, or if you have to find them in the random packs

I'm grinding golds in preparation here

• Options
    edited April 2012
    but I already use the paladin on, like, three other guys

Well, then you're doing god's work!

If you want to take a sniper rifle on an infiltrator, I would say go human, take all weapon damage increases, and spec for sticky grenade. The salarian just works really well with a pistol

I don't see how pistol would work better with salarians than with other races. Especially since pistols weigh them down more than humans.

Because humans don't have a power that you want to use besides cloak, which doesn't have a long cooldown and work better specced for the highest damage.

Salarians want to be energy draining all the time, and pistols weigh like nothing anyway. With just the paladin, you're still at a huge bonus, with the carnifax, you're at almost 200 percent.

Langly on
  • Options
    Al_wat wrote: »

This is a good question

I'm also wondering if the 4 new races/classes are going to be unlocked automatically, or if you have to find them in the random packs

you have to unlock everything except the new maps

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »

This is a good question

you have to unlock everything except the new maps

Makes sense

now I must stockpile millions of credits..

• Options
    Son of a bitch

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I'm hoping whatever special pack they have out this week will have a higher chance of the new unlocks

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I'll use the weight reduction for sniper rifles or shotguns, cuz in both cases I'm usually doing so much base damage that most of the time I don't particularly need an extra +10% damage, but shorter cooldowns are still handy, and 30% of a krogun or widow is a pretty big reduction.

Especially if you're going sniper infiltrator, then you can re-cloak more often and get the snipe-from-cloak bonus, so it's a win/win

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    It's especially necessary with the javelin, which is ludicrously heavy to the point where having every bonus and no other weapons will still put you into a negative recharge bonus.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Hey Nerd do you still need folk to shoot with?

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    somebody in the GnT thread just invented "Batariack Obama"

I am both amused and bemused

• Options

yes I do

what's your GT again

• Options
    Kana wrote: »
    I'll use the weight reduction for sniper rifles or shotguns, cuz in both cases I'm usually doing so much base damage that most of the time I don't particularly need an extra +10% damage, but shorter cooldowns are still handy, and 30% of a krogun or widow is a pretty big reduction.

Especially if you're going sniper infiltrator, then you can re-cloak more often and get the snipe-from-cloak bonus, so it's a win/win

I always go for the weight reduction on human vanguard.

Because I rarely use my gun anyway, and if I AM going to use a weapon that's heavy enough to slow me down, I want the reduction minimized.

• Options
    edited April 2012

yes I do

what's your GT again

<----

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    dammit mom stop doing your taxes

we've got a galaxy to save

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

Really, I'm more for revolving a spec around either heavy cooldown use, or little to no cooldown use. If you're using a pec where you want lots of power use, but still want to bring a heavy weapon (but won't be depending on the weapon for your primary damage output), it's worth it.

Like, say, if you wanted to put a shotgun on an engineer, something like that.

That just seems inefficient to me though. The truly better option in my eyes would always be carrying a weapon more fitting of the class and taking the other bonus.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    batarian hegemony is irrelevant, time for a new thread and it better be good

This discussion has been closed.