As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] Illness thread

LimondLimond Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX Archive
So I myself am rocking a nice cold. Who else is now sick after coming home from PAX?

One clip, one kill.

I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
zerzhul on

• DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Oh, I didn't even make it that long. Flu kicked in Saturday night and is still going strong.

5I7JEDi.png
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Yup. Cold kicked in on Sunday, it's currently being beaten into submission by my immune system.

brDe918.jpg
  • PsykusPsykus Registered User regular
    I was feeling sick Sunday morning and was sure I was going to be miserable for the rest of my PAX trip but it seems to have subsided during the day. Hoping it's not going to resurface and kick my ass sometime this week.

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I had a sore throat on the way back from PAX but a bike-ride and Halls have kicked that ass.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • ConandoConando Registered User regular
    I think I managed to get off scot-free. I mean, I probably would have come down with something by now.

• HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    Mine kicked in Monday night. 100 degree-ish fever, but reacts relatively nicely to Advil.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    My throat was amazingly soar on Sunday morning and I felt like garbage. I don't think it was hangover related. I actually skipped out on Sunday and left early. So sad.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • FatherVenomFatherVenom Registered User regular
    Day 2 of being poxed. I don't have it as bad as Punzie, who I assume infected me, but I went to work anyway. I always feel bad taking sick days at the end of a vacation.

Í'm sweating like a pig from my fever & the boss is over there razzing on me for "not really being sick"...

• HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    hah damn kids, you don't know how good you got it, with your cold and flu.
    You should have been around PAX in 08, swine flu everywhere! That there was some craziness!

steam_sig.png
  • JaylewJaylew Registered User regular
    My girlfriend and I have been pretty much laid up with some nasty flu and a side of sinus infection!

Why didn't I listen? The "Iron Guard Position" truly is the best advice of all time.

• xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Started feeling sick when I got home Monday night. Now full blown cold

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • avsfan590avsfan590 Registered User regular
    Yes, Same here soar throat, cough, and a runny nose it's inevitable during an with thousands of people. Someone with a cold is bound to sneeze or cough on a controller .

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Felt the throat scratching up Sunday afternoon waiting in line for the Gearbox panel, and ended up with some sort of upper respiratory infection by that night. Slept a lot of it off on Monday (hooray taking the day after PAX off too), but still feeling some effects today.

• DanUNGDanUNG Registered User regular
    Everyone laughed at me when I whipped out my Berry Sorbet and Dancing Waters hand sanitizers from Bath and Body Works at PAX.

Who's laughing now.

• JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I think i made it out ok, no sickness. But man my allergies were going crazy up there! I liked that some of the booths had hand sanitizer and there was some in the bathrooms.

• Pure DinPure Din Boston-areaRegistered User regular
    Friday and Saturday I didn't play any demos, no console freeplay, no touching anything except board games and my own handheld. Then on Sunday, the lines were shorter and I got tempted to play a few games on the expo floor, picked up a stomach bug and am just now recovering. :(

• boozysmurfboozysmurf Registered User regular
    It was a long, long drive home with the sniffles, and the sore throat has come in nicely today.

Don't. Even. Care.

Best PAXeast ever!

• TrionTrion Registered User regular
    Felt run down yesterday but I'm better today. But I have heard that a bout of strep throat was going around the Ma-RI area. So be aware.

• AprecheApreche Registered User regular
    I have the PAX POX. Not sure when it started, perhaps Friday? It hit hardest on Sunday. Didn't go to work today. Probably will go to work tomorrow, but will be congested. I think it is nose/throat infection. Mucinex D FTW.

• vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    I got hit a few weeks ago at a concert, I think creating an immunity to the junk that many are feeling now. I would have rather been sick then than now!

Everyone get some rest and you should hopefully be able to kick it soon!

• LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    After 7 PAXs, I think I'm immune to PAX pox. I got sick my first couple of paxs, but haven't in a long time

AN9buWz.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    After 7 PAXs, I think I'm immune to PAX pox. I got sick my first couple of paxs, but haven't in a long time

Same, got sick my first pax, been fine for the last three.

• DaenythDaenyth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I got sick friday around 6am ;_;

• RygarieRygarie Registered User regular
    Yeah I felt sore throat Friday night, Bought some Airborne Tablets, Zicam spray, and pounded water all night and Saturday. I utilized the Iron Guard Position and went through a couple bottles of Purell. I felt better Saturday evening and Sunday.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    JobiWan got it almost as bad as Punzie; he was laid out in the hotel room all day on Sunday and missed the final day of PAX. I too, may have become infected. But I'm fighting the good fight.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • stebuustebuu Crabs are fucking crazy, and I hate horses Registered User regular
    No illness, but a pretty sore throat from talking loud enough to beat the BCEC ambiance.

Plus, dear lord, I need to stairmaster before the next PAX. A lot.

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    I think this is my 5th straight PAX without getting sick, even after being stuck in an elevator for 40 minutes with 14 people.

E6LkoFK.png

• ErickaJoErickaJo MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    PAX pox has taken over here. All three of us are rocking a pretty decent flu.

• testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    I honestly can't tell if I got sick or just totaled my voice hollering at the Pokecrawl and the concerts.
    I'm still hoarse and exhausted... could be illness, or the natural consequence of living on caffeine, booze, and Vector bars for three days.
    Either way, totally worth it.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    I initially thought I had just lost my voice from the Pokecrawl, but I was feeling pretty cruddy by Sunday, and now I'm definitely infected with the PAX Pox. I was barely functioning at work today and I don't feel any better tonight.

I guess lack of sleep and being around a zillion people can do that to a person. =(

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Day 2 of being poxed. I don't have it as bad as Punzie, who I assume infected me, but I went to work anyway. I always feel bad taking sick days at the end of a vacation.

Í'm sweating like a pig from my fever & the boss is over there razzing on me for "not really being sick"...

you're welcome for that, because I'm pretty sure I'm the one who POXed punzie. so sorry about that, FV!

I am finally starting to feel a bit better. I still have a terrible hacking cough, but it's loads better than the fever/dizzyness/exhaustion and chest stabbyness I was experiencing all day on saturday.

for any of you who aren't sure if it's pox or laryngitis, it's laryngitis. if you'd been POXed you would definitely know it. it's some kind of flu, and the worst cold I've had in over 10 years.

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    Yep, I've been feeling cruddy since Friday morning. Thought it was a pokecrawl hangover, but it was clearly the flu by Sunday. I was rocking a pretty sweet fever of 102.2 for the majority of yesterday but I'm down to 101 today so clearly there is improvement :P It's beginning to make me very sad that I have not escaped a single PAX without disease. I thought for sure I'd be safe this year since I didn't have to travel to get here =(

Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • SlaughterBeastSlaughterBeast Registered User regular
    You gotta rock the Airborne and hand sanitizers in your bag. I always carry some to whatever con i go to

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Woke up today with a bit of scratchy throat, nothing too serious though. It's mostly gone already.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • ad1had1h Raleigh, NCRegistered User regular
    Did anyone else get the black boogers? I noticed on Saturday that my nose was full of them.

• willowtasticwillowtastic NL, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Out of the three people in my group, two of us have confirmed PAX pox with a maybe on the third. Started Sunday night, after the final round of the Omegathon.

• Carmen SDCarmen SD Queen of the Poultry Minion ConnecticutRegistered User new member
    Only one of us got sick. Started early Sunday morning, fever and coughing, so we couldn't go the last day. We had a great time anyway so it was well worth it.

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    First PAX for me and no illness to report! I did nearly make myself sick on Saturday night from downing most of a burrito in about 3 minutes, though.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    pic1046285_t.jpgpic1046285_t.jpgpic1046285_t.jpgpic1046285_t.jpg

I think the main reason everyone is sick is because we aren't at PAX. PAX must never end!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • AprecheApreche Registered User regular
    Guys, FYI, Airborne is fake medicine. Don't believe me, I'm some nerd. Believe these doctors.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/airborne-admits-false-advertising/#more-77
    There’s no credible evidence that what’s in Airborne can prevent colds or protect you from a germy environment. Airborne is basically an overpriced, run-of-the-mill vitamin pill that’s been cleverly, but deceptively, marketed.

This discussion has been closed.