As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] pooped on the floor again

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    all the cool people play me3 on the box

sorry doggs

correct. i played with spool and feral last night. dem boys ain't neva beaten silver!

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Alright [chat], motivate me by way of a challenge: How many kilometres should I put on my bike tomorrow?

I'd prefer if it were a reasonable number, but I'm flexible as to what that means.

Go 43 and then jump off your bike and yell SUCK IT PHEIDIPPIDES

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Alright [chat], motivate me by way of a challenge: How many kilometres should I put on my bike tomorrow?

I'd prefer if it were a reasonable number, but I'm flexible as to what that means.

I'm going to say 5km for every time someone in the [chat] thread says the word "submariner" in a sentence that makes sense between now and midnight tonight.

I feel like I'll be going for a short ride tomorrow. :P

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I think that Kickstarter is going to have huge ramifications on the way business works moving forwards, but I really have no idea ultimately of the shape of changes to come.

Like who the hell thought that youtube and twitter would change the world?

Youtube moreso than twitter.

The ability to easily share video with anyone in the world is a huge thing.

I'm not sure how much I'd say twitter has changed things? I mean, it's just one of many venues to share text online, it's just a popular one, but if twitter wasn't there it's role could easily be fulfilled by other sites like Facebook.

I wouldn't say twitter has changed anything

it's like, who knew SMS would be huge?

Hasn't really changed shit

Would you really say that SMS hasn't changed anything?

I mean, look at your life on a day-to-day basis.

Um...I barely use text messages.

I mean, past a certain age range texting is basically non-existant, but for people my age if you don't text as one of your primary methods of communication you are in a very small minority.

It still hasn't changed much, though. If we didn't use texts, we'd use something else.

This is a little like saying "television hasn't changed much, if we didn't watch television we'd just be listening to the radio!"

It's more like saying "the telegram hasn't changed much, if we didn't send telegrams, we'd just place a phone call!" Which is insane.

Texting is a mutant side technology that's technically less sophisticated than what came before, but fills a different need. It's basically wireless email before wireless email was common. Or like a modern two-way pager. It doesn't fit into a notion of "progress".

Progress isn't linear, DK. Finding new uses for old technology is just as much progress as making new technology.

Your statement would support Winky's if radio wasn't dying. I was saying SMS doesn't fit the mold.

Actually, I think radio -> television is more relevant of an analogy than I originally recognized.

Radio still stayed around after television, and I think a big reason is because while television fulfilled one of radio's niches better, it did not fulfill the other (more portable and ideal for music). Now that we have ipods and podcasts those basic functions of radio are dying out. Likewise, video calling will probably start to replace more standard phone calls (though it seems like there will always be a niche for calling to talk to someone in a situation where you can't video chat).

Radio's dying? Since when.

Hell, half the UK comedy shows which people post in [chat] started on Radio 4. Drama on Radio 4 is still hugely popular and attracts big-name actors. As I understand it, music radio in the UK is still a pretty big deal and has increasing audiences.

In the US, radio is a complete wasteland. There is no good music ever and the only programs anyone listens to are news and talk shows, typically on the way to and from work.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    the thumb is the smartest part of your body. i'm tired of people hating on twin sticks! LET MY PEOPLE GO

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular

I'm going to say 5km for every time someone in the [chat] thread says the word "submariner" in a sentence that makes sense between now and midnight tonight.

I feel like I'll be going for a short ride tomorrow. :P

I don't know. I think your ride will at least be longer than how far a submariner can ride his bike while he is on duty.

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    I think that Kickstarter is going to have huge ramifications on the way business works moving forwards, but I really have no idea ultimately of the shape of changes to come.

I'm not sure how much I'd say twitter has changed things? I mean, it's just one of many venues to share text online, it's just a popular one, but if twitter wasn't there it's role could easily be fulfilled by other sites like Facebook.

I mean, past a certain age range texting is basically non-existant, but for people my age if you don't text as one of your primary methods of communication you are in a very small minority.

It still hasn't changed much, though. If we didn't use texts, we'd use something else.

This is a little like saying "television hasn't changed much, if we didn't watch television we'd just be listening to the radio!"

It's more like saying "the telegram hasn't changed much, if we didn't send telegrams, we'd just place a phone call!" Which is insane.

Texting is a mutant side technology that's technically less sophisticated than what came before, but fills a different need. It's basically wireless email before wireless email was common. Or like a modern two-way pager. It doesn't fit into a notion of "progress".

Progress isn't linear, DK. Finding new uses for old technology is just as much progress as making new technology.

Your statement would support Winky's if radio wasn't dying. I was saying SMS doesn't fit the mold.

Actually, I think radio -> television is more relevant of an analogy than I originally recognized.

Radio still stayed around after television, and I think a big reason is because while television fulfilled one of radio's niches better, it did not fulfill the other (more portable and ideal for music). Now that we have ipods and podcasts those basic functions of radio are dying out. Likewise, video calling will probably start to replace more standard phone calls (though it seems like there will always be a niche for calling to talk to someone in a situation where you can't video chat).

Hell, half the UK comedy shows which people post in [chat] started on Radio 4. Drama on Radio 4 is still hugely popular and attracts big-name actors. As I understand it, music radio in the UK is still a pretty big deal and has increasing audiences.

In the US, radio is a complete wasteland. There is no good music ever and the only programs anyone listens to are news and talk shows, typically on the way to and from work.

Huh. How strange.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Albany has a good alternative radio station with good music and the ads don't make me wanna die.

Maybe Boston should get with the program.

edited April 2012
    TehSloth wrote: »

Go 43 and then jump off your bike and yell SUCK IT PHEIDIPPIDES

I broke 60km/h yesterday (hill- and wind-assisted) and I'd forgotten how terrifying that is on wheels that are less than an inch wide.

Edit: I just got the Marathon reference.

That's a noble goal, actually.

BeNarwhal on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    @Gooey Are you MEing on PC or BroBox? If it's PC, add me to your Origins: Thanatosian.

brobox

:'l

when they release me3 for the SUPERIOR OPERATING SYSTEM call me

On the one hand this is fair

On the other hand I can't hear you over the sound of my me2 Shep having the Illusive Man's eyes in blue-green.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

It's different in the US.

edited April 2012
    Speaking of submariners, where is our favorite retired submariner, jeepguy?

EDIT: Stupid autocorrect. I tried typing retired and it got corrected to retarded.

Premier kakos on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I'm listening to the radio right now.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

ftOqU21.png
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Picture-130.jpg

Think I'll stick with 43km, unless submariners really gets out of control.

Edit:

EDIT: Stupid autocorrect. I tried typing retired and it got corrected to retarded.

God damnit.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Huh. How strange.

Radio dramas don't even exist, let alone attract big name actors.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Are you really surprised that the UK would be clinging to out-dated technologies when they're a nation that still has a queen? :P

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Babysitting my eight month old nephew. The crying never ends. I'm going back in.

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I'm listening to the radio right now.

I wish I was. It would be more interesting than this paper.

Are you really surprised that the UK would be clinging to out-dated technologies when they're a nation that still has a queen? :P

Don't forget that they still cling to the dental practices of the middle ages!

The BBC vs. USA radio

... Sigh

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Babysitting my eight month old nephew. The crying never ends. I'm going back in.

Wrap him in towels, it'll drown out the sound.

Sarksus wrote: »
    Albany has a good alternative radio station with good music and the ads don't make me wanna die.

We have WGBH, the only thing I've ever found worth listening to.

Check and mate.

@ludious @Thanatos

I am trying to get the sinners to open their heart to the PC

I guess some souls just cannot be saved

The BBC vs. USA radio

... Sigh

We made The Wire. Why would I be jealous of their radio or mashers or bangers?

Sarksus wrote: »

We have WGBH, the only thing I've ever found worth listening to.

Check and mate.

You just proved Boston is terrible.

The BBC vs. USA radio

... Sigh

Made it using our actors.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Whoever designed the auto-aim in ME3 deserves sharp things somewhere unpleasant.

Autoaim is because shooters with a controller is a sin.

EDIT: What I'm saying is you deserve to suffer.

The retards make me look 40 degrees to my left when I zoom in because there was a dude there

seriously bioware are not good at shooters

ftOqU21.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    all the cool people play me3 on the box

sorry doggs

correct. i played with spool and feral last night. dem boys ain't neva beaten silver!

I've beaten silver. That's how I got my valiant.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Does Boston get WAMC. It covers like eastern NY, western Mass and southern Vermont. They have the best programming.

Whoever designed the auto-aim in ME3 deserves sharp things somewhere unpleasant.

Autoaim is because shooters with a controller is a sin.

EDIT: What I'm saying is you deserve to suffer.

The retards make me look 40 degrees to my left when I zoom in because there was a dude there

seriously bioware are not good at shooters

It really sucks when there are Swarmers all over the place. You try aiming at the Ravager and it zooms your anti-material rifle on a mother fucking Swarmer.

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    @ludious @Thanatos

Some people just can't understand that playing with Thanatos is the best multiplayer experience you will ever have.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    @ludious @Thanatos

I will (hopefully) be purchasing a new PC in a years time or so.

I look forward to having the best gaming PC possible for a couple of months until the next faster/better/sexier graphics card comes out.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    cwp_06_06.jpg

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Edit:

God damnit.

While we're talking about submariners, did anyone see Submarine.

I don't think there were actually any submariners in it, but I thought it was pretty enjoyable.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    TehSloth wrote: »

Edit:

God damnit.

While we're talking about submariners, did anyone see Submarine.

I don't think there were actually any submariners in it, but I thought it was pretty enjoyable.

I hated that film. So much. I just don't care about a Welsh teenage psychopath and his dull life.

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The BBC vs. USA radio

... Sigh

Made it using our actors.

I bet Idris didn't want to leave after filming. All, noooo I don't want to go back to dreary mornings and bland fare! Let me stay!

This discussion has been closed.