As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] pooped on the floor again

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So I've lost at least ten pounds. Probably more because I didn't weigh myself during the first month or so of my diet.

Grats.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2012
    You will never unsee that.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    last night at board game night got to try one of the weirder games I've ever played (after a game of Railways of the World).

It was called Catacombs and at first glance seems utterly pedestrian: party of generic fantasy adventurers tries to get through a dungeon to kill a big baddie with all the monsters controlled by a DM-ish player. Sounds exactly like Descent / Hero Quest / many others. But its so much stranger than that.

everything in the game (players, monsters, projectiles etc...) is made of wooden discs of different sizes. You move / attack by flicking the discs at each other on the board (which has physical obstacles)

so if my barbarian wants to hit that skeleton I have to flick the disc for the character into the one for the skele. If my mage casts fireball I put a little orange disc next to him and flick it at an enemy etc....

It was pretty fun but the game by default seems a bit long. My left middle finger still hurts :)

...You... you played a LARPing boardgame...?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    At The Olive Garden, all the chairs are double wide, on wheels, and fitted with a fart-proof plastic cushion.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    last night at board game night got to try one of the weirder games I've ever played (after a game of Railways of the World).

It was called Catacombs and at first glance seems utterly pedestrian: party of generic fantasy adventurers tries to get through a dungeon to kill a big baddie with all the monsters controlled by a DM-ish player. Sounds exactly like Descent / Hero Quest / many others. But its so much stranger than that.

everything in the game (players, monsters, projectiles etc...) is made of wooden discs of different sizes. You move / attack by flicking the discs at each other on the board (which has physical obstacles)

so if my barbarian wants to hit that skeleton I have to flick the disc for the character into the one for the skele. If my mage casts fireball I put a little orange disc next to him and flick it at an enemy etc....

It was pretty fun but the game by default seems a bit long. My left middle finger still hurts :)

no idea what you mean.

These little discs are like 3/4" in size.

pic629175_md.jpg

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Tiddlywinks the Dungeon Crawl

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

How is it that Daniel Radcliffe makes double what Emma Watson earns?

THE PATRIARCHY

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

If I remember right it's basically like Descent meets paper football

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Tiddlywinks the Dungeon Crawl

more like crokinole (which was the last round of the omegathon at PAX east this year!) but yeah.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    no idea what you mean.

LARPers who use projectiles, like daggers or spells, generally lob stuff at each other while shouting "Fireball" or "Lightning Bolt" or whatever.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Exhuberant "Main Character" contracts with Warner Brothers? Or maybe Equus was a runaway success.

• Options
    Fire sword fire sword!

• Options
    no idea what you mean.

LARPers who use projectiles, like daggers or spells, generally lob stuff at each other while shouting "Fireball" or "Lightning Bolt" or whatever.

hehehe. Seriously?

What do those damn White Wolf people do? Throw their eyeliner sticks?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    no idea what you mean.

Is "Power Word Kill" a gun?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    One of the first videos I ever saw on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    I think WW games look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4tw6vBbwVY

• Options
    no idea what you mean.

hehehe. Seriously?

I believe that White Wolf stuff is usually resolved by rock-paper-scissors while just kind of standing around.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

THE PATRIARCHY

It's called the Harry Potter franchise, not the Hermione Wotsit series.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Bella Lugosi is dead

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    dude, is kakos the one throwing lightning bolts in that video? Looks suspiciously like him.

• Options
    Yeah, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint are comparable on networth which is a better comparison.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Bella Lugosi is dead

Undead undead undead :whistle:

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »

THE PATRIARCHY

"Hermione, quick! Tell me the incantation for the spell that will stop the basilisk!"
    "Equalus workum quo equalus payum."

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

THE PATRIARCHY

"Hermione, quick! Tell me the incantation for the spell that will stop the basilisk!"
    "Equalus workum quo equalus payum."

"Great job at using that spell, Harry!"

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    I think if someone wants to determine damage in White Wolf they just don't invite you to Alien Sex Fiend night at the club because you fucked that bitch Absinthia after the last game

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    no idea what you mean.

hehehe. Seriously?

Hand signs.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    e: you know what, that was not very well thought out

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    the human body is fucking disgusting

• Options
    One of the first videos I ever saw on Youtube

I still remember the very first youtube video I ever saw. 2005. Huh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmgf60CI_ks

• Options

disgustingly sexy

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I have reason to believe there is a surprise office party planned in my honor next week. Any suggestions on how I should troll this?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

retta rauå

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Lies

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I have reason to believe there is a surprise office party planned in my honor next week. Any suggestions on how I should troll this?

shit on Debra's desk

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

shit on Debra's desk

:^:

• Options
    There was a huge white-wolfy larpish crowd that the wizards of the coast games center when I worked there. The thought of all those wankers standing around the UW campus at night in their cloaks furiously playing rock paper scissors at each other is going to keep me amused for days.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

stage a bomb threat

no, wait

stage a bombing

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Schedule a meeting for that time before they do.

This discussion has been closed.