As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giant Bomb: Ryan Davis is a pretty classy guy.

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Yeah that's kind of the game. It's like GTA with super powers

Run around killing everything, throwing vehicles, smashing stuff. Absorb civilians, throw cars as an old lady, etc.

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah that Prototype 2 quicklook basically sold me on the game. I think the protagonists voice is funny as hell. The mechanics looks so much fun though. It looks as smooth as Infamous, but much quicker/easier to get around.

Still not 60 bucks though. I'll wait for a year or so for a good steam sale.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Prototype 2 is spleen loads of gorey fun. I definitely recommend buying it.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i'm pretty sure the main characters are written to be emotionally unreliable, so you don't feel bad when they do bad things, or when bad things happen to them.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Man, every time I see Prototype I want to play it because the mechanics look fun...

...but the protagonists seem like the biggest douches they could come up with then give superpowers.

To be fair, Prototype 2 takes itself a lot less seriously then P1 did.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Guys, the walking dead is way more fun than it had any right to be.

Also oh god choosing who lives and who dies CHOOSE NOW YOU ONLY HAVE A COUPLE SECONDS

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I played the Walking Dead demo on PSN and man I love that game exactly as much as I hate that show

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    The writing in this is much, much better than the show.

This was not a very hard task, though.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    I've been telling people the game is awesome and they all go "no it isn't i don't believe you"

And then I tell them it has nothing to do with the show

And then they're onboard

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I finally played a match of SMNC, despite owning the original for a year.

... It seemed slow. very deliberate. My weapons didn't do jack as the assault class. I enjoyed myself, but it is way different than I am used to.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Yeah The Walking Dead game is fucking great

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    The Botanicula quick looks is amazing. Vinny's kid is super lucky to have a dad that's going to be so apparently good at reading bedtime stories. I feel like actually playing the game wouldn't be as fun as watching him make all the little sounds and commentary about what is going on.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Interesting.

I decided to stop by Tested just now... Cool to see Brad on the podcast! And it's awesome that they are putting out a TON of content.

But I noticed something interesting: The last time Adam or Jamie posted on the frontpage was March 26th. Since then, it's been Norm and Will (and 3 other employees, including one guy just posting app roundups) basically producing a TON of content.

It's nice to see them taking to their new budget. But the website shouldn't have been rebranded so heavily.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    It should be rebranded if they want to get as many new readers as possible, though. Which is good for everyone, given that the guys that founded it are still there and can do even more than they could before.

• Options
    It should be rebranded if they want to get as many new readers as possible, though. Which is good for everyone, given that the guys that founded it are still there and can do even more than they could before.

Agreed, it was just.. sudden, I guess? The content's even more awesome now, I just feel like it might be a bit of false advertising -- and I hope they are self sufficient, so the budget doesn't disappear.

I honestly thought that Adam/Jamie's posts might be behind a paywall or something.

• Options
    Whiskey Subscriptions no longer exist, ao now I have to deal with ads and the Meebo Bar on Tested

It kinda makes me want to not go to Tested anymore, and just let the podcast sum up the week for me

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    can we talk more about The Walking Dead game

I wanna talk more about it

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    can we talk more about The Walking Dead game

I wanna talk more about it

I already beat it once and now I'm about to go back and take alternate paths

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    I had to stop because I do not want to make any more of those decisions anymore.

Not being able to just quit and retry (as far as I'm aware)

everything was too stressful

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    Might the mythbusters boys still be on tour? If so, than hopefully they will produce more/any content afterwards.

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    I died more than once while umming and aahing
    Sorry Doug

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I mean, of course I was going to let that person die

though.. there are some pretty good reasons to let that other person go... but, that is not how my dude is

Artreus on
  • Options
    Artreus wrote: »

though.. there are some pretty good reasons to let that other person go... but, that is not how my dude is

There are?

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »

There are?
    Sure

Doug's brave as shit and has all sorts of tech expertise

and Carly knows Lee's past

• Options
    ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I mean maybe not the best reasons.

But reasons

Artreus on
  • Options
    I said that! also
    Carly's only useful when she has ammo

guns are already a liability and a limited resourc
    what else can she bring to the table?

oh god now I'm filled with regreeettt

• Options
    I can talk about it tomorrow when I play the XBLA version

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I am glad Gary supposedly did a good job on the game. I think the comic and tv show suck.

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Dangit! I always wait till after TNT to download it because of bad internet. I didn't know there was a luchadeer skin I could get for SMNC that's now expired :(

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure the main characters are written to be emotionally unreliable, so you don't feel bad when they do bad things, or when bad things happen to them.

After you left party chat the next mission I did had the boss deliver a brilliant-because-it's-bad line.

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »
    I said that! also
    Carly's only useful when she has ammo

guns are already a liability and a limited resourc
    what else can she bring to the table?

oh god now I'm filled with regreeettt

I edited my post to say something else after rereading yours

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    The Botanicula quick looks is amazing. Vinny's kid is super lucky to have a dad that's going to be so apparently good at reading bedtime stories. I feel like actually playing the game wouldn't be as fun as watching him make all the little sounds and commentary about what is going on.

HEY LOOK AT GROVER he's all like "oh no I don't wanna see the monster at the end of the book" and he's FREAKING OUT. He's all BWAAAAAAAH, *turns the page* ba-woooooop!

sig.gif
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Dangit! I always wait till after TNT to download it because of bad internet. I didn't know there was a luchadeer skin I could get for SMNC that's now expired :(

I've got a code if you want it!

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I finally played a match of SMNC, despite owning the original for a year.

... It seemed slow. very deliberate. My weapons didn't do jack as the assault class. I enjoyed myself, but it is way different than I am used to.

yeah, it has much lower lethality compared to the first game

oddly enough, earlier in the beta, players were even more resiliant

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Scudo wrote: »

I appreciate it friend, but it's fine. I might never play it, anyway. Wanted to grab one just in case, and I wouldn't take someone else's!

I really need some good net by the time Counter-Strike GO comes along. I'm looking forward to that for some reason.

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    Scudo wrote: »

I appreciate it friend, but it's fine. I might never play it, anyway. Wanted to grab one just in case, and I wouldn't take someone else's!

I really need some good net by the time Counter-Strike GO comes along. I'm looking forward to that for some reason.

well for what it's worth, I don't have the game either. I grabbed a code to give to my brother, but then he was like "dude I only have regular MNC and I don't see myself buying Super anytime soon"

so this code isn't getting used by me

• Options
    He prolly doesn't see himself buying it anytime soon because it is free to play

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    so yeah uuh I basically must play Botanicula at this point

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    so yeah uuh I basically must play Botanicula at this point

6 days left on the humble bundle.

Nothing. Matters.
This discussion has been closed.