Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[GOG.com] I'm out of jail and GOG.com is out of Dungeon Keeper

1568101186

Posts

  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    So Nox is really good. I chose Conjurer and taming a spider and watching him chase around and kill one of those annoying bitches that throw rocks at you is good times. Totally worth 3 bucks. I also picked up Crusader No Regret.

    edit: So I knew I heard of Westwood before. They also made Red Alert 2 which I played the heck out of as a kid. Now I want to play RA2. Why isn't that available anywhere?

    It's not 2, but ought to suffice in a pinch - http://www.cncworld.org/?page=features/tutorials/rafree_vista

    steam_sig.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    So Nox is really good. I chose Conjurer and taming a spider and watching him chase around and kill one of those annoying bitches that throw rocks at you is good times. Totally worth 3 bucks. I also picked up Crusader No Regret.

    edit: So I knew I heard of Westwood before. They also made Red Alert 2 which I played the heck out of as a kid. Now I want to play RA2. Why isn't that available anywhere?

    It's not 2, but ought to suffice in a pinch - http://www.cncworld.org/?page=features/tutorials/rafree_vista

    Thanks for the link. I never knew they released it for free. That's pretty cool. I actually remember playing this one a lot too. My friend back in school let me borrow both of these.

    steam_sig.png
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    GSM wrote: »
    AaronKI wrote: »
    GSM wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Also Myst V came out if nobody else noticed.

    I'm planning on playing that eventually, but the sad and hopeless tone of the game is making me put it off for now... And I still have to play IV first.

    Man, nobody has III and IV.

    If it makes you feel better about no one having Myst IV for sale, Myst V has more to do with Uru than Myst IV. It was kind of a way to cap off both the stories of Myst and Uru, but Uru Live ended up coming back a few years later and continued the story a little further.

    I'd really like to see Myst III released digitally, too. It was a bit too easy, but had one of my favorite Ages in the series (Edanna).

    Not really a fan of Edanna. I was constantly getting lost because everything looked the same, and yet I managed to complete it without understanding what I was doing or having any fun. :(

    The whole ecosystem puzzle thing just didn't work for me. It didn't feel as "D'ni-built-to-last" as the mechanical areas. And let's be honest, "training ages" is the laziest reason for puzzles ever (although Saavedro's story was really well done). I've only ever played the demo for IV, but I liked what I did get to play.

    There's a thought. What if GOG had free downloads of vintage game demos? That would be pretty cool...

    I thought the "Training ages!" setup was a bit contrived, too. Something that I thought was neat about Uru was that the majority of "puzzles" were just trying to figure out how to work the every day machinery that was left behind. The big exceptions being Kadish's shenanigans in Kadish Tolesa and Ahnonay.

    AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Myst 3 was the first one made by someone other than Cyan, but I thought the training ages thing was a neat way to get the series back to basics after the insanity of Riven. Some could see that as a letdown, I suppose, but I never did. Myst 3 was also where I first became a Brad Dourif fan.

    camo_sig2.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Something that I thought was neat about Uru was that the majority of "puzzles" were just trying to figure out how to work the every day machinery that was left behind. The big exceptions being Kadish's shenanigans in Kadish Tolesa and Ahnonay.

    I liked the whistling brain trees best of all.

    Angryspider2_zps663851d1.jpg
  • AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    Syndicate is $2.99, apparently. There aren't any resolution mods/fan patches like with Planescape or System Shock 2, right?

  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
  • CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    $20 for RCT.... Come on, Atari.

    camo_sig2.png
  • ZxerolZxerol The fullest, most luscious beard. Registered User regular
    Did they ever get around fixing the fact that Splinter Cell's shadows are completely hosed unless you use like a Geforce 4 card with a specific set of drivers?

  • Lord_SnotLord_Snot Registered User regular
    $20 for RCT.... Come on, Atari.

    Yeah, seriously, man.

    If it was 10, I'd buy it like a shot.

  • CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
    $20 for RCT.... Come on, Atari.

    It's still $30 on Steam.

  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    3 isn't even that great. The first 2 are the best.

    steam_sig.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I really like RCT3. Just not $20 or $30 like.

    camo_sig2.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Catshade wrote: »
    $20 for RCT.... Come on, Atari.

    It's still $30 on Steam.

    The lowest it ever got on Steam was 15 bucks.

    steam_sig.png
  • Lindsey LohanLindsey Lohan Registered User regular
    I love RCT3 and the addons really were substantial - but I prefer RCT2 simply because it's easier and more fun to landscape in 2d.

    steam_sig.png
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Wow some really bogus price-points there. Do not want, I'll stick with the original RCT thanks.

    steam_sig.png
    PSN - hellisforheroes
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I really like RCT3. Just not $20 or $30 like.

    that's a really bad price, you can order it from play here for £4.89

    steam_sig.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    I really like RCT3. Just not $20 or $30 like.

    that's a really bad price, you can order it from play here for £4.89

    I only have dollars. <img class=" title=":cry:" class="bbcode_smiley" />

    camo_sig2.png
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    New releases time!

    Anomaly: Warzone Earth $9.99
    Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $9.99

    Warzone Earth is a goddamn fantastic game and you all should buy it. The last stage will make you want to murder a small child though, so far warning.

    TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN - hellisforheroes
  • ThemadcowThemadcow Registered User regular
    They're mugging the 3D vision customers with that price point for RCT. It's a very good game for demo'ing 3D... although so is Trine 2.

  • Good IdeaGood Idea Registered User
    Thief 3 is in some ways worse than its predecessors - smaller, more restricted environments, no more rope arrows - but it does contain one of the best and most terrific levels/environments I have ever played. If you have not yet played it, I think the name of the place itself counts as a spoiler, but for everyone else: have a 10-page in-depth article about it

  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Catshade wrote: »
    $20 for RCT.... Come on, Atari.

    It's still $30 on Steam.

    The lowest it ever got on Steam was 15 bucks.

    Yeah, but that's Steam. Outside of sales, you do pay for the convenience.

    Amazon's digital download price is $22, new is $18 and used is $10 (before shipping).

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Catshade wrote: »
    $20 for RCT.... Come on, Atari.

    It's still $30 on Steam.

    The lowest it ever got on Steam was 15 bucks.

    Yeah, but that's Steam. Outside of sales, you do pay for the convenience.

    Amazon's digital download price is $22, new is $18 and used is $10 (before shipping).

    You can vote for it to be $5 next weekend on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/dealsvote/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_m3fzm5

    But Dungeon Defenders is winning right now.

    sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    $5? Now those are GoG.com prices. That being said, I have no idea how well RCT3 works on Windows 7.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    $5? Now those are GoG.com prices. That being said, I have no idea how well RCT3 works on Windows 7.
    It works well enough. I have a on-disc copy, and I haven't had problems with it.

    camo_sig2.png
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    Good Idea wrote: »
    Thief 3 is in some ways worse than its predecessors - smaller, more restricted environments, no more rope arrows - but it does contain one of the best and most terrific levels/environments I have ever played. If you have not yet played it, I think the name of the place itself counts as a spoiler, but for everyone else: have a 10-page in-depth article about it

    I've only played Thief 3, and it was pretty great. I got so creeped out I had to stop playing after the second or third level. I don't know what all the complaints were about; 3rd person does nothing to alleviate the stress and oh crap what is that FOOTSTEPS they are coming this way! Oh no, it's walking toward me! THERE IS NO ESCAPE. It walked past me. It stopped! It's turning! Oh snap, now it's singing to itself. D:

  • GlalGlal Registered User regular
    Thief 3 is pretty fantastic, it's my favourite right after Thief Gold.
    Most people seem to like T2 best, but I find it too sprawling and monotonous. T3 is more like T1 than T2, which is likely why I like it.

  • TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    I lover the RCT games, especially 2, how is 3 compared to them? Is the 3d an improvement on the series?

    111813113553.png
    360 GT Tommatt
  • hamdingershamdingers Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    I lover the RCT games, especially 2, how is 3 compared to them? Is the 3d an improvement on the series?

    I recall liking it. The 3d aspect makes ride design/landscaping harder though, no question. The additional detail you can see on the peeps and the ability to "ride" the rides is fun. Given a choice, I'd play RT1/2 over 3, but if you have & liked the others odds are you'd like this.

    Having said that - there's NO WAY I would pay 20 bucks for it.

  • Lord_SnotLord_Snot Registered User regular
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    oooh Judge Dredd Vs Death is on there! Tempting but I got a little carried away last night lol.

    camo_sig2.png
    My Backloggery PSN: Bigisy24
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    oooh Judge Dredd Vs Death is on there! Tempting but I got a little carried away last night lol.

    That's regularly on sale for around $1 during big Steam sales.

    steam_sig.png
  • DrakeDrake Blow it all up ForeverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Lord_Snot wrote: »
    This is the weekend promo.

    Well, hello Ground Control 2.

    I found GC2 to be a bit of a disappointing departure from the first game's really solid design. It's a good game in its own right, don't get me wrong. I just could never get around the change in, well pretty much everything.

    Drake on
  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Can anyone sell me on MoO1+2? I've been itching for a space 4X game recently, been watching SotS2 (and just the past few days, Endless Space), but money's a bit tight at the moment, so a $6 purchase from GOG is a much easier pill to swallow. I've always heard excellent things about MoO1+2, of course, but I'm curious how easy they are to get into. I'm not exactly a 4X veteran (though I definitely enjoy the genre), and I haven't played many of the old classics. So how does MoO1+2 stand up today? And what about it is so fantastic, anyway?

  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    captaink wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Catshade wrote: »
    $20 for RCT.... Come on, Atari.

    It's still $30 on Steam.

    The lowest it ever got on Steam was 15 bucks.

    Yeah, but that's Steam. Outside of sales, you do pay for the convenience.

    Amazon's digital download price is $22, new is $18 and used is $10 (before shipping).

    You can vote for it to be $5 next weekend on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/dealsvote/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_m3fzm5

    But Dungeon Defenders is winning right now.

    RCT3 is winning now by about 400 votes. The indie bundle with DD in it probably helped RCT3 to take the lead.

    That DD is a 2 pack, though, which is pretty cool.

    anoffday on
    steam_sig.png
  • IgelIgel Registered User
    Vi Monks wrote: »
    Can anyone sell me on MoO1+2? I've been itching for a space 4X game recently, been watching SotS2 (and just the past few days, Endless Space), but money's a bit tight at the moment, so a $6 purchase from GOG is a much easier pill to swallow. I've always heard excellent things about MoO1+2, of course, but I'm curious how easy they are to get into. I'm not exactly a 4X veteran (though I definitely enjoy the genre), and I haven't played many of the old classics. So how does MoO1+2 stand up today? And what about it is so fantastic, anyway?

    I personally enjoyed MoO1 very much (I haven't spent too much time with MoO2) and so let me link you to what sold me on it: Xenogears of Bore's let's play

    He did a great job showing it off, in my opinion.

  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I am 90% sure that the original Command & Conquer is free to download and play these days. Maybe Tiberium Sun too.

    I remember reading something to that effect a while ago.

  • Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    Igel wrote: »
    Vi Monks wrote: »
    Can anyone sell me on MoO1+2? I've been itching for a space 4X game recently, been watching SotS2 (and just the past few days, Endless Space), but money's a bit tight at the moment, so a $6 purchase from GOG is a much easier pill to swallow. I've always heard excellent things about MoO1+2, of course, but I'm curious how easy they are to get into. I'm not exactly a 4X veteran (though I definitely enjoy the genre), and I haven't played many of the old classics. So how does MoO1+2 stand up today? And what about it is so fantastic, anyway?

    I personally enjoyed MoO1 very much (I haven't spent too much time with MoO2) and so let me link you to what sold me on it: Xenogears of Bore's let's play

    He did a great job showing it off, in my opinion.

    Awesome, thanks. I'll definitely give that a read.

1568101186
Sign In or Register to comment.