As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're all going to die!

124»

• Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    This thread is fantastic.

And now it's headed TO THE MOON.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Retaba wrote: »
    Me! I'd rather have stone men.

yeah, you would.

Yes! I said as much! Golems are the best.

This whole thread is making me think of Cabin in the Woods. It's worth seeing, good movie. Perfect Friday the 13th viewing.
    It's about WHY teenagers keep going into the woods and die horribly.

And what happens if they don't.
    crops don't grow?
    Little more than that.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular

yeah, you would.

This whole thread is making me think of Cabin in the Woods. It's worth seeing, good movie. Perfect Friday the 13th viewing.

crops don't grow?
    Little more than that.
    Fertility rite? Are teenagers sacrificed to some god?

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Iron Man 2 wasn't as bad the second time. Maybe I now enjoy things I didn't before.

No I don't.
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    Iron Man 2 gets more fun to watch having seen Captain America and Thor, when the long strange saga of Tony's new element comes together.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    I think I just didn't like the triangle the first time. Circles for life yo.

No I don't.
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

yeah, you would.

crops don't grow?
    Little more than that.
    Fertility rite? Are teenagers sacrificed to some god?
    Closer.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think I just didn't like the triangle the first time. Circles for life yo.

Apparently Whedon hates the triangle too

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I accidentally peed in the gene pool.

• Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    Anyone read timequake by Vonnegut?
    Instead of the world ending what if it just got stuck and started skipping in a time loop.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Tucker and Dale is a pretty good Friday the 13th movie!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    yeah thx to eternal recurrence I couldn't give a fuck when it ends

hope we skip the fascism part next time

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    NO dont derail this, we need to get this going into a Cabin in the Woods thread!!! MORE PEOPLE MUST KNOW THE TRUTH!

... Am I on speaker phone?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    NO dont derail this, we need to get this going into a Cabin in the Woods thread!!! MORE PEOPLE MUST KNOW THE TRUTH!

No.

• Options
    So Cabin in The Woods is a thing I should check out huh

• Options

No.

Oh Mordikai (how do you spell that) you crazy old coot.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So Cabin in The Woods is a thing I should check out huh

YES.

Why are there not more people i can talk to about this? =(

• Options
    I probably won't see a movie in theaters until The Avengers but I'll give it a rental

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    the posters seemed to be going for a pretty generic horror movie vibe, so i wasn't really interested until it came out and i started hearing good reviews

• Options
    I probably won't see a movie in theaters until The Avengers but I'll give it a rental

You're running high odds of getting it spoiled that way. Trust me, you do not want that.

Good movie even if you do, but some bits are way, way better blind.

• Options

You're running high odds of getting it spoiled that way. Trust me, you do not want that.

Well, I'd have to drive a half hour to see it, and I'd have to go alone because I have no friends around here
    I'm just not going to do that

I'll try to keep a blackout on spoilers though

• Options

Well, I'd have to drive a half hour to see it, and I'd have to go alone because I have no friends around here
    I'm just not going to do that

I'll try to keep a blackout on spoilers though

Would say it's worth it, but waiting isn't too bad. Not THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER or anything. Just clever and engaging.

And good luck with the blackout. Seems like the kind of movie where you will get some jackass spoiling it sooner or later unless you're careful.

• Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    That Cabin in the Woods movie was fantastic. Really glad I went in knowing nothing about it other than the good reviews.
    The opening alone was enough to tell me this movie was going to be special.

• Options
    Rinder wrote: »
    That Cabin in the Woods movie was fantastic. Really glad I went in knowing nothing about it other than the good reviews.

I had the same experience. I am trying my best to promote the movie to friends without ruining it.

• Options

I had the same experience. I am trying my best to promote the movie to friends without ruining it.

Yeah I'm having a hard time. They all think it's just another slasher flick deal.

• Options

Yeah I'm having a hard time. They all think it's just another slasher flick deal.

The ads aren't helping with that.

Which on one hand, I get. Keeps the other tricks closer to the chest.

On the other, well, if it wasn't for the Whedon thing, and the incredibly-low-spoiler previews, I'd be ignoring it. Dead teenager flicks are a dime a dozen.

Hmm. They the sort to believe you if you just say "Trust me. It's not just another dead teenager movie"?

Or would it be worth mentioning
    the whole underground setup, in passing.

Maybe even "It's not just a horror movie. It's a horror movie ABOUT all the other horror movies."

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    It was the original trailer that made me take notice.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Is there hot sex in the movie? And then during the intercourse they are murdered?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    Is there hot sex in the movie? And then during the intercourse they are murdered?

Yes, there is.

Full boob shot, too.

This film knows what the audiences expect.
    And it is very disappointed in you.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    I need to do a cabin in the woods/lockout double feature

Next weekend looks good for this

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I kinda want to see Lockout, but Three Stooges is rated higher on RT.

I'm also in the boat where the only movie I want to see in theatres is Avengers.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    I guess mentioning there is a
    Unicorn
    will probably get some people to go see it.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    I guess mentioning there is a
    Unicorn
    will probably get some people to go see it.

you have my attention.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    I posted at the beginning of this year that I will strangle anyone who mentioned apocalypse this year, and I mean it. Get on your knees, lean your head forward and choke yourself in my hate filled claw.

Choke myself? Not with my hand but yours "numbnuts"? I am done smiling and I am done grinning.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    So, for people who've already seen Cabin...
    The failure in '98.

Seems like a specific reference, given the rest of the themes. My current guess?

Sounds like The Faculty. Spoilers for that are about to follow, but again. '98. It's been a while.

Film's big enough to get referenced, and liked well enough to get a joke in its favor. It's a dead teenager movie, which is entirely the organization in the film's wheelhouse.

Thing is, nobody dies in it except the monsters. Leads and supporting cast alike.

The reason for the failure? The hero invented a drug that kills the aliens. Which sounds like exactly the sort of thing that should be covered by (deep breath)

The Chemistry department.

Might have been just a generic reference, but it fits as well as anything I've found so far.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    So, for people who've already seen Cabin...
    The failure in '98.

Seems like a specific reference, given the rest of the themes. My current guess?

Sounds like The Faculty. Spoilers for that are about to follow, but again. '98. It's been a while.

Film's big enough to get referenced, and liked well enough to get a joke in its favor. It's a dead teenager movie, which is entirely the organization in the film's wheelhouse.

Thing is, nobody dies in it except the monsters. Leads and supporting cast alike.

The reason for the failure? The hero invented a drug that kills the aliens. Which sounds like exactly the sort of thing that should be covered by (deep breath)

The Chemistry department.

Might have been just a generic reference, but it fits as well as anything I've found so far.
    haha I like that theory!

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Syphyre wrote: »
    I posted at the beginning of this year that I will strangle anyone who mentioned apocalypse this year, and I mean it. Get on your knees, lean your head forward and choke yourself in my hate filled claw.

Choke myself? Not with my hand but yours "numbnuts"? I am done smiling and I am done grinning.

I appreciate this post.

Everyone should.

easysig2.jpg