Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

You Are Now Free To Move About The Cabin

13468917

Posts

  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Seriously though, what do they do with your shoes when you take them off?

  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Seriously though, what do they do with your shoes when you take them off?

    they put them through the xray machine, in case you have knives in the shoes james bond style

    qJGPzDc.jpg
    Satan Info/Wishlist Post (small update 11/20)
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    I like the idea of airports and save for a few things like security, are handled. You get to see your stuff (hopefully) on a conveyor belt. You enter a mini travel sized shopping mall with more goodies to see and do than you have time available to do them. On top of all that, there's all the people, who in a matter of hours, will be very far away in different directions.

    I specifically sit down and wonder about the people that walk by. The dude with a power suit and bad ass sunglasses rushing with a fancy suitcase because time will not wait for his uber ego, the mom talking to her kids about what it is like on an air plane, the casual conversations I strike up that have an awkward pause at the end because both strangers know they'll be on their way opposite ends of the nation within the hour.

    Maybe I am just whimsical about it, but I love airports, albeit, they can be a pain in the ass with a few things.

  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    Someone help me I can't stop reading skymall
    102174152d.jpg

    "Basho, The Sumo Wrestler" Glass-Topped Table

    Basho crouches in his mawashi (Sumo belt) in these intricate sculpts with wide stances.

    Our table is topped with a 3/8"-thick, pencil-edged, 27" dia. tempered glass top for views from any angle.

    This Toscano-exclusive heavyweight is cast in quality designer resin for display in home or garden.
    102466239d.jpg

    Finally, A Decorative Litter Box You Don't Have To Hide!

    With its Tuscany handfinish, our new litter box looks like a real clay pot, complete with an attractive, artificial decorator plant. Simply turn the entrance to the wall and no one will know (if your cat doesn't tell)!
    96981577d.jpg

    This person is able to sleep comfortably in any Seat! Can you say the same? Probably not, unless you have SkyRest. Why not join our many thousands of satisfied customers and enjoy the benefits of this uniquely different and very flexible travel pillow. SkyRest deflates and folds into an easy-to-pack size and shape. The large, removable inflation valve makes inflation and deflation a snap!

    Elsasig_zps24c013fe.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    Buy it all Didge

    qJGPzDc.jpg
    Satan Info/Wishlist Post (small update 11/20)
  • sarukunsarukun Gornlord Interplanetary InsanitariumRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    The remove the shoes thing just seems so weird. (I know it's due to a guy trying to detonate a bomb in his shoe) but I've never had to do it for any airport.

    I often forget that you have to do it until I see people in front of me taking off their shoes.

    There was a period of time when flying into the United States required it from your destination airport, but it seems that regulation has been relaxed.

    I definitely had to do it a couple times in both Japan and Taiwan, but now it's only flying out from the States.

  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    Harrier wrote: »
    Fuck patdowns, fuck the TSA, and fuck the brownshirts at the Department of Homeland Security.
    Aaaaaand now you're on The Suspicious List and/or the no-fly list. Remember: complaining about the TSA is suspicious behavior and grounds for a more... thorough search.

  • sarukunsarukun Gornlord Interplanetary InsanitariumRegistered User regular
    I like the idea of airports and save for a few things like security, are handled. You get to see your stuff (hopefully) on a conveyor belt. You enter a mini travel sized shopping mall with more goodies to see and do than you have time available to do them. On top of all that, there's all the people, who in a matter of hours, will be very far away in different directions.

    I specifically sit down and wonder about the people that walk by. The dude with a power suit and bad ass sunglasses rushing with a fancy suitcase because time will not wait for his uber ego, the mom talking to her kids about what it is like on an air plane, the casual conversations I strike up that have an awkward pause at the end because both strangers know they'll be on their way opposite ends of the nation within the hour.

    Maybe I am just whimsical about it, but I love airports, albeit, they can be a pain in the ass with a few things.

    No way, dude, airports are THE PLACE for people watching.

    I scrutinize the shit out of people waiting in the same little gate lobby as me and make up itineraries for them.

    If I'm lucky, I sit next to one of the people I have invented a life for and get to "check my work" against the real thing

    assuming they are not ugly, I mean, interacting with ugly people on a plane is the worst.


    I'm a terrible person.

  • PeccaviPeccavi oh... oh my!Registered User regular
    Buying a skyrest RIGHT NOW

    kvhn.png
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Buy it all Didge

    How could I have lived before now
    102518628d.jpg

    DayClock

    When all you need to know is what day it is.

    Do all of your days seem the same? Do you have little trouble keeping track of the hour and even the date but the day always eludes you? Then you need a DayClock. It's uniquely designed to keep track of weekly events like your golf day, card night, movie night and so much more. Ideal for vacations and cruises when it's easy to lose track of the day. Not only a great conversation piece, it's a fun gift to receive too. With noon markers and oak frame.

    Uses one AA battery, not included. 9.25" wide.

    How have I made it this far in life without the DayClock

    Elsasig_zps24c013fe.png
  • PeccaviPeccavi oh... oh my!Registered User regular
    Well that's just silly.

    kvhn.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    Cogliostro wrote: »
    Harrier wrote: »
    Fuck patdowns, fuck the TSA, and fuck the brownshirts at the Department of Homeland Security.
    Aaaaaand now you're on The Suspicious List and/or the no-fly list. Remember: complaining about the TSA is suspicious behavior and grounds for a more... thorough search.

    Which is pretty easily accomplished since you can now be strip searched for any arrestable(?) offense

    qJGPzDc.jpg
    Satan Info/Wishlist Post (small update 11/20)
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    My sister flew out alone to my wedding (the rest of my family flew a week before) and a question she was asked was, 'why is your sister's fiancé's last name Susoeff?'

    She just sort of stared blankly and replied, 'uh, because that's his father's name?'

    sharasugar_80.png sharanomsugar_80.png
  • UsagiUsagi WOMP WOMPRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Cogliostro wrote: »
    Harrier wrote: »
    Fuck patdowns, fuck the TSA, and fuck the brownshirts at the Department of Homeland Security.
    Aaaaaand now you're on The Suspicious List and/or the no-fly list. Remember: complaining about the TSA is suspicious behavior and grounds for a more... thorough search.

    Which is pretty easily accomplished since you can now be strip searched for any arrestable(?) offense

    Basically if you aren't being a dick at the airport then they'll leave you alone

    Don't be That Guy

    You heard it here first, folks.
    Putting your finger in someone's butthole.
    Basically the same as flowers.
  • sarukunsarukun Gornlord Interplanetary InsanitariumRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    My sister flew out alone to my wedding (the rest of my family flew a week before) and a question she was asked was, 'why is your sister's fiancé's last name Susoeff?'

    She just sort of stared blankly and replied, 'uh, because that's his father's name?'

    These questions are incredible.


    Like, in a very literal sense, they strain credibility beyond the breaking point.

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Look at this fuck wizard right hereRegistered User regular
    I'd be much more scared to go to Pittsburgh than Philly

    I've been to Pittsburgh once! It was very nice!
    But that might have something to do with who I was with, which ties into the aforementioned possibly best day of my life which was at an airport/in the plane

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Look at this fuck wizard right hereRegistered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Someone help me I can't stop reading skymall
    102174152d.jpg

    "Basho, The Sumo Wrestler" Glass-Topped Table

    Basho crouches in his mawashi (Sumo belt) in these intricate sculpts with wide stances.

    Our table is topped with a 3/8"-thick, pencil-edged, 27" dia. tempered glass top for views from any angle.

    This Toscano-exclusive heavyweight is cast in quality designer resin for display in home or garden.
    But Basho was a poet!

  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    They could just as well market that Day Clock as a sort of fun novelty with some spirit and humor, but no, they are suggesting that it is in fact, an item of utility.

  • sarukunsarukun Gornlord Interplanetary InsanitariumRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Someone help me I can't stop reading skymall
    102174152d.jpg

    "Basho, The Sumo Wrestler" Glass-Topped Table

    Basho crouches in his mawashi (Sumo belt) in these intricate sculpts with wide stances.

    Our table is topped with a 3/8"-thick, pencil-edged, 27" dia. tempered glass top for views from any angle.

    This Toscano-exclusive heavyweight is cast in quality designer resin for display in home or garden.
    But Basho was a poet!

    There have been other Basho's in the History of Japan.


    though it is not a very common name any more.

  • VeretasVeretas Registered User regular
    Fuck yes flying!

    My dad flies planes for a living!

    It is super awesome. If I had the patience for math I would have probably been a pilot, too.

  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »
    My sister flew out alone to my wedding (the rest of my family flew a week before) and a question she was asked was, 'why is your sister's fiancé's last name Susoeff?'

    She just sort of stared blankly and replied, 'uh, because that's his father's name?'

    These questions are incredible.


    Like, in a very literal sense, they strain credibility beyond the breaking point.

    People have dumb moments. Like that time someone asked me if the twin of my cousin was also my cousin.

    mosesupposes.gif
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood now i've got you in my space i won't let go of youRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    airports are terrible. i like flying as much as any other kind of travelling i guess. i usually have screaming babies sitting next to me

    What is terrible about airports?
    the liquor is too expensive @sarukun

    AEKTl9K.png
  • SabreMauSabreMau Still featuring glasses. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'd like to be able to have thousands of dollars so I can afford to fly someplace. Specifically:

    pacific.jpg

    SabreMau on
    1yrxP.jpgmXcqC.jpgtYRm1.jpg
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    I would love that giant facepillow

    chillaxton.jpg
    and I broke parole just to get to you
  • JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights fuck tough be coolRegistered User regular
    you make the strangest threads

  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    The creepiest thing about DIA is that crazy bronco statue outside though

    a section of the horse fell on the artist and killed him, so I'm pretty sure it's possessed. have you seen it at night? the eyes light up red.

  • AphostileAphostile Registered User regular
    Isn't DIA the one with the oddly Aryan mural too?

    Tinychat is dead. Long live Tinychat. D3 BTag: Aphostile#1366 OKC : Steam - ADD ME JERKS : Hello Satan! | Xbox Live : LastAphostile
  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to have thousands of dollars so I can afford to fly someplace. Specifically:

    pacific.jpg

    Why would you want to visit Nova Scotia?

  • SabreMauSabreMau Still featuring glasses. Registered User regular
    Not quite Nova Scotia.

    nqns.jpg

    1yrxP.jpgmXcqC.jpgtYRm1.jpg
  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT IS AND ISN'T NOVA SCOTIA

  • SabreMauSabreMau Still featuring glasses. Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, there's Millinocket, Maine over there on the side. Where Rose was living during that one Ben Hutchins fanfic.

    1yrxP.jpgmXcqC.jpgtYRm1.jpg
  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
  • VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I fucking LOVE airports, having been in and out of them several times a year ever since I was 15 months old. There's a weird logic to all of them, no matter how different they are, and being able to navigate that logic makes them super fun.

    I have a very specific process in selecting what I wear and bring onto planes; it's almost an OCD-like ritual, really. I'm always baffled by ladies that wear high-heels onto planes; I've worn boots that I've wanted to bring with me onto planes because they take up a lot of space in my suitcase (and I always take my shoes off on flights anyway), but high-heeled sandals confuse the shit out of me.

    I ensure that whatever I have on my person has absolutely no way of setting off the security scanners because that saves time, and I generally put anything I will not need on the plane itself into my suitcase if there's room.

    I hate putting shit in the overhead compartments because I'm always paranoid I'll leave something behind; I'd rather sacrifice a bit of legroom than leave shit up there.

    I can sleep pretty easily on planes, sometimes right through take-offs, which I find handy because it saves me from that boring limbo between turning off your electronics and being able to do stuff again.

    Vivixenne on
  • VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable! Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Seriously though, what do they do with your shoes when you take them off?

    it used to be just leather shoes or shoes with heels, because people can store shit in them that, due to how low they are to the ground, can go missed by scanners

    nowadays they just make it everybody to save time and explanation

  • thepotato232thepotato232 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Veretas wrote: »
    Fuck yes flying!
    My dad flies planes for a living!
    It is super awesome. If I had the patience for math I would have probably been a pilot, too.

    But maths are your friends! They tell you how to make a 300,000lb tube of metal filled with kerosene and people go from place to place at 500mph. It's groovy.
    Isn't DIA the one with the oddly Aryan mural too?
    murals03.jpg
    Like that one? Yeah.

    thepotato232 on
    Butt inquiries are completely fair game.
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I vomitted on the plane trip back from Minnesota.

    If it's a shitty commuter with a lot of turbulence, I will vomit.

    Steam name: munkus
    Pokemon X ID:
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Waaaaaaait wait wait wait.

    Can I expect this kind of daft questioning when I fly to the US in June? Because I have only ever flown to Amsterdam and we all know how chilled out the Dutch are.

    liiyasig_zpsd04b684c.jpg
    Sticks wrote: »
    "I know I can do it." Liiya said, placing another flower in the arrangement. "I'm sure in time their deaths will become a mystery even to me."
  • VivixenneVivixenne aDAWRable! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Immigrations officers in the US ask the dumbest, most inane questions. My sister is American but my mum is Singaporen and my dad is British, so when they were leaving the US with her for the first time the immigration officer asked my mum "how" my sister was born in America.

    My mum was so surprised by the question that she blurted out: "uhhhh, vaginally?"

    It's great hearing the story so many years later.

    That said, you really should answer even the dumbest questions as honestly as you can. Even if the answers are super obvious. Because if they catch you out, they have grounds to be total assholes to you.

    Vivixenne on
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Yes.

    They will probably not believe you when you tell them you are a florist.

13468917
Sign In or Register to comment.