As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thunder and [chat]

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    I realize it's there so they can force everyone to remove their pants

Do you have a better solution

they could, you know, not do that

the last time it happened was just embarrassing for everyone

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    I realize it's there so they can force everyone to remove their pants

Do you have a better solution

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

R-really?

#NaiveCanadians

I've heard that he was an eighth black, but I don't know if that's a fact or not nor do I know what the actual federal/state racial definitions at the time were. But the important thing is he was raised culturally white. I like to tell people Warren G Harding was black because it's a funny thought, but he wasn't really black in any kind of important sense.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Slam_Dunk_Ernest.jpg

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    http://www.godvine.com/Helmet-Camera-Captures-the-Most-Incredible-Firefighter-Rescue-Ever-1378.html

Why it was posted here I'll never know, but it may interest some people. Title embellishes a bit of course.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    I was looking for funny black people/white people images and ended up on Stormfront. This kinda stuff makes me sad.

• Options
    I was looking for funny black people/white people images and ended up on Stormfront. This kinda stuff makes me sad.

Stormfront is the Britta of websites

• Options
    Hahahaha, Ron Paul fans.

3osos6.jpg

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Apparently, if one plans to enter the sexuality thread, a helmet is advised.

karis_5.jpg

There we go. Mah feelings are purrtected.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    J, the way you talk to and about people don't give you the right to act confused or alarmed when they emotionally respond poorly to it

if you can't get that then i think you might have a touch of the 'tism, old bean.

like if you don't get what it was you said that made Lawndart shit a kitten in rage, then you gotta do some fuckin' self-analysis, brah

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    IDK, J, I've been following the thread and it seems like you're making some pretty black and white assumptions in a massively gray area.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I hate this weird liminal time on [chat] between America and Canada going to sleep and Europe waking up.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I hate this weird liminal time on [chat] between America and Canada going to sleep and Europe waking up.

Agreed.

Why am I still awake? Night [chat]!

• Options

Being in GMT+10, I understand what you mean

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Good morning [chat].

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I got a new mapper for the minecraft server, mostly to look at this:

http://router7.selfip.net/map/#/9060/64/-3860/-2/0/0

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

That is fantastic.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    the gold standard is alive on DK's server

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i want to post a tupac video

whaaaaat

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Humorous!
    EA4fk.gif

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Ok, the bar for cakes have been raised

4year olds Captain America cake
    tumblr_m2hxqkNRPL1roiy6io1_500.jpg

• Options
    i didn't even see the posts above mine.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    as memecountries go, "tsunami victims" might be in the wrong place for the most recent big one

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Is it Reddit repost time

is that what chat has become

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Pony wrote: »
    J, the way you talk to and about people don't give you the right to act confused or alarmed when they emotionally respond poorly to it

if you can't get that then i think you might have a touch of the 'tism, old bean.

like if you don't get what it was you said that made Lawndart shit a kitten in rage, then you gotta do some fuckin' self-analysis, brah

I could understand getting upset if I was all, “Your grandmother, yes, your grandmother, mamaw Jenny, who has disability-X, and who also smells funny, is a silly goose.”

That shit? Completely uncalled for and dickish. There is no place for that.

The discussion wasn't about that, though. Discussing arguments about abstractions of abstractions, in a thread focused upon discerning moral and ethical questions regarding very ambiguous conceptions of normalcy, sexuality, disorders, and those sorts of issues? I would think that a person entering the discussion would realize that

1) We aren’t talking about you.
    2) We aren’t talking about you friends.
    3) We aren’t talking about anyone you will or ever have met.

It’s a touchy subject. But, maybe going into the discussion with the understanding that it’s about abstractions rather than particular individuals would be a healthy mindset. I like Lawndart, and I am sad that I upset him. I am sad that he took it personally. However, I'm also not sure why he took it so personally. It’s not my place to tell him that he wasn’t supposed to take it so personally.

Though, I mean…

wonka+offend.jpg

I’m not sure why someone would put themselves in a position to be offended by something a dude posted on the internet. Especially when the post wasn't about them in any sense. It was about some weird tangent related to our conception of asexuality as it results to definitions of normalcy.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Ok, the bar for cakes have been raised

4year olds Captain America cake
    tumblr_m2hxqkNRPL1roiy6io1_500.jpg

:^:

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    J, you just came in [chat] to whine about how your comments were received. Pot calling the kettle black.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Oh god now we're posting memes in here

someone hit the emergency self-destruct

there's nothing left to save

simonwolf on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Things I have learned tonight:

1. I can almost kill Preacher with laughter.
    2. Nerd really likes stripper names.
    3. Nerd will take forever to chose the spelling of his character's stripper name.

• Options
    J, you were being a giant douche in there. You can say "This isn't about you" all you want, but when you say that disabled people cannot inspire awe and that large segments of the population have a "disease" you don't have the high ground.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm watching a live Radiohead concert on youtube so that's pretty neat I guess

http://www.youtube.com/coachella

wandering on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Roommate so owes me dinner. Two nights in a row, very late at night, I noticed he somehow left the inside light of his car on.

What the fuck. It's not like he drinks or anything. How did he do it twice in a row!

• Options
    IDK, J, I've been following the thread and it seems like you're making some pretty black and white assumptions in a massively gray area.

It's his schtick

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    J, you're a huge fan of binaries

so, here's a binary for you

in that thread you were either:

intentionally and blithely being rude, ignorant, and trying to outrage with people with showing NO regard for their feelings whatsoever

OR

dude you have some fucking social maladjustment issues that I think might medically be classified as a disorder, at least when it comes to interacting with people online, and you need to do some fucking self-analysis and possibly talk to a medical professional

it's one or the other. You're either doing it on purpose, and thus being malicious, or you're doing it out of ignorance so comprehensive that i question your cognitive normalcy.

pick one

Pony on
  • Options

Is that snow on my old homestead?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Suggesting limitations on what are sensible conceptions of the self requires a bit of careful argumentation, I think, particularly if you want to adhere to liberal norms. I think it is entirely possible - for one thing, in practice modern political liberalism as she exists is not, in fact, neutral on what the good entails. We typically think that being cosmopolitan and accepting of multiculturalism is better than not being so, for instance, even if no identifiable harm seems to occur.

One way would be to identify universal goals that seem plausible and argue that these goals place limitations on gender-relevant identities, although I don't think _J_ has successfully argued as such.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i need to play a twitch FPS

i want to get unreal tournament 1999 on steam but i know the servers will be empty

HELP

Modern Worf Hair.

• Options
    i need to play a twitch FPS

i want to get unreal tournament 1999 on steam but i know the servers will be empty

HELP

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.