As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VF5 Final Showdown June 6th, Everyone In This Thread Is Buying It [FIGHTING GAMES]

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    yeah my dad had teeth about like knob described

he would be eating and they'd just break and he'd take it out with his fingers and chuck it

he just got dentures and he looks and feels way better

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to dentures

gonna get a real set

and a set of shark teeth

and some gold plated ones with some diamonds that have a swear across them

Knob. I want you to get these before Evo. You beat down some guy in Grand Finals, look him straight in the eyes and smile.
    The teeth spell FREE.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    :^:

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    I like that Dan isn't in it.

I'm satisfied with most of the cast

except characters like Hsien-Ko and Phoenix Wright

who are ABSOLUTELY USELESS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkuQs4QUw1E

GX is a damn good Phoenix Wright player. He's certainly not a great character and most players would be better off putting time/effort into a different character, but this dude makes it work in an awesome way

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    aaa

• Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    fppppppt

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/qltJ2biMhDk

oh shiiit a new Maj videoooooo

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    oh my gosh it's so good too

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    I don't know if Sneak's are nice looking and just prone to failure

But in my case, that's a pretty apt description

My front teeth are perfectly fine.

Unfortunately, soft teeth run in my family, and my molars began to rot early in my teens. It has always been a huge embarrassment for me, so I never really talk about it. Suffice it to say that I do not have any molars at all, as they all had to be extracted. The two teeth that needed root canals had deep fillings about two years ago, but unfortunately, the roots died anyhow, and root canals and crowns were needed in order to save them. Because the rest of my teeth are perfect, I couldn't justify yanking them out yet, and will do anything I can to save them at this point.

Unfortunately, my dental insurance only covers 1500.00 per year, and while I understand that a portion of the root canal bill that is being sent to them will be written off, they still have to pay quite a bit on them, and I have a bad feeling that I will have to pay for most, if not all, of the cost of my crowns out of pocket...

Two words for you, Sneak: sedation dentistry. I just had three crowns and about seven filling done over two appointments and don't remember a damn thing.

Of course my bill came to about 5k after insurance, but that is a small price to pay for not hurting all the time.

So, fighting games! Someone convince me to stop playing super long mediocre RPGs and actually stop being terrible.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular

Weren't you supposed to start getting infractions for your rampant quoting habit?

• Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular

Unfortunately, soft teeth run in my family, and my molars began to rot early in my teens. It has always been a huge embarrassment for me, so I never really talk about it. Suffice it to say that I do not have any molars at all, as they all had to be extracted. The two teeth that needed root canals had deep fillings about two years ago, but unfortunately, the roots died anyhow, and root canals and crowns were needed in order to save them. Because the rest of my teeth are perfect, I couldn't justify yanking them out yet, and will do anything I can to save them at this point.

Unfortunately, my dental insurance only covers 1500.00 per year, and while I understand that a portion of the root canal bill that is being sent to them will be written off, they still have to pay quite a bit on them, and I have a bad feeling that I will have to pay for most, if not all, of the cost of my crowns out of pocket...

Two words for you, Sneak: sedation dentistry. I just had three crowns and about seven filling done over two appointments and don't remember a damn thing.

Of course my bill came to about 5k after insurance, but that is a small price to pay for not hurting all the time.

So, fighting games! Someone convince me to stop playing super long mediocre RPGs and actually stop being terrible.

My dentist is incredible, and sedation is completely unnecessary.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    they usually hook me up to the happy gas and make me watch some of their fine DVDs

last time I had my teeth worked on basically I got high and watched Community

I am told this ritual is what most people refer to as "Thursday"

• Options

My dentist is incredible, and sedation is completely unnecessary.

Then you are a far more lucky and much braver man than I.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I wonder if Evo will move my SFxTK $$ over to Soulcalibur and KOF.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Boooooo, KoF, boooooo

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Biz, play KOF.

Everyone, play KOF.

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Oh shit biz plays KoF?

What team are you running?

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    they usually hook me up to the happy gas and make me watch some of their fine DVDs

last time I had my teeth worked on basically I got high and watched Community

I am told this ritual is what most people refer to as "Thursday"

good post, walt

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I think Biz would be good at KOF. Get some of that oppressive rushdown going.

I still wish the netcode wasn't so damn bad.

• Options
    blaze are you on

right now

because if so

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I want to get UMvC3 and I want to have fun with it, but I'm not gonna because I just know I'm gonna have a rotten, salty time with it all over again.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    blaze are you on

right now

because if so

I wiiiiiiiiiiish. I'm at work again. Don't get done until 3pm CST.

• Options
    that's exactly when i leave for school

and i'll get back around eleven cst

and then i'm going out

look, one day this is gonna happen

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    One day we will fight.

And it will be glorious.

Also laggy, most likely.

• Options
    i dunno, man, i've had some pretty good connections with some mexican dudes

i am in southern california, but, still

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    All the Mexican isps have a deal where if you tell them you are a competitive kof player they hook you up with free fios

• Options
    So, is this UFGT8 weekend, right? I'm looking forward to seeing some fights.

• Options
    blaze_zero wrote: »

That would be next month.

• Options
    CoffeeCoffee Registered User regular
    So i tried the Skullgirls demo for the first time and it won me over and I want to buy it.

But then I remember I don't have friends that will play fighting games for more then five minutes.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Coffee wrote: »
    So i tried the Skullgirls demo for the first time and it won me over and I want to buy it.

But then I remember I don't have friends that will play fighting games for more then five minutes.

XBLA or PSN? I find PSN to be more active...to the point I dual modded my Goddamn TE so I could could migrate my fighting gaming to PSN.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    I thought that was part of what this thread was for. Play with people in here?

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Coffee wrote: »

You have Internet friends!

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options

Whaaaaaaaaaat. I thought it was soon. Ffffffuck.

• Options
    CoffeeCoffee Registered User regular
    Alright internet friends, I'm gonna buy this game and I'm gonna play it. I will suck hard but I can pretty much play fighting games forever. So if anyone wants to feel super confident, send me a friend a request.

The biggest reason my friends don't seem to stick with fighting games is "I kept losing so I stopped playing," and that has the exact opposite effect on me and becomes "I kept losing so I'm going to keep playing until I beat you"

Xboxlive gt = VampireGoldfish

• Options

shadowloo next weekend! BIG TIMES GOOD FUN

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Wimble wrote: »

shadowloo next weekend! BIG TIMES GOOD FUN

At least something is coming up soon. And it'll even be after Finals. Hurray!

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular

Weren't you supposed to start getting infractions for your rampant quoting habit?
    that is the first empty quote i've done in like a week

not to mention it wasn't an offensive empty quote at all

so i heard your teeth hurt

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    also: new internet installed

let's go

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    I'm pretty new to fighting games, having really only started playing them about a months ago, but if anyone's looking for someone to beat up on, I'm your guy.

My gamertag is That Stone Dude, and I've got UMvC3, SSF4, and Skullgirls, all of which I'm varying shades of terrible at, but at least I'm a good loser.

This discussion has been closed.