Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

MOTORCITY [NSF56K] Premiers on Disney XD April 30th

AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to melook elsewhere.Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Social Entropy++
lSV5P.jpg
what happens when Chris Prynoski of Titmouse (animation studio for Avatar: The Last Airbender, Metalocalypse, and Afro Samurai), creator of Downtown, makes another collaboration with George Kristic, co-creator of Downtown and one of the creators of Megas XLR?

tumblr_m2lc6pFfjE1r00g3do1_500.gif
Aw yeah.
Evil billionaire Abraham Kane (Mark Hamill) rules Detroit Deluxe, a once-struggling auto-town that he has turned into his own personal kingdom. Banning freedoms such as automobile transportation, Kane faces one obstacle: a group of hot-rod rebels who call themselves The Burners. Led by Mike Chilton (Reid Scott), The Burners work to stop Kane from conquering Detroit’s last oasis of freedom -- a subterranean refuge dubbed Motorcity.

The animation is slick, the writing is decent, and the setting is pretty awesome. Tons of science fiction craziness, utopian vs dystopian themes, cool vehicles, fun characters, I really enjoyed what I've seen of this show.

The first episode is currently available for free on iTunes. http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/battle-for-motorcity/id517052911?i=517731186&ign-mpt=uo=4

I really recommend checking it out. (unless you're not in the US which means you can't access it. :( )

An awesome interview with Pryonski can be found here: http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/04/disney-motorcity/

Antimatter on