As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In the close future, there is only war, and spilling drinks on the Citadel.[Mass Effect]

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Fuuuuuuck human vanguards that nova everything I try to melee.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2012
    Butters wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »
    I'm wondering if I should put points into it, or just leave it empty and max out carnage.

If you max out carnage you should forgo charge and not barrier. Carnage's long ass recharge time doesn't mix with charge well.

I just got five ranks in battlemaster and used the leftover 6 points for carnage

it's handy for the times when it's not really safe or possible (like when enemies are spawning in inaccessible locations and you have to wait for them to jump down) to charge

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering if I should put points into it, or just leave it empty and max out carnage.

If you max out carnage you should forgo charge and not barrier. Carnage's long ass recharge time doesn't mix with charge well.

Congratulations. You've turned a Vanguard into a Sentinel.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Speed is either highly embellishing his mother's reactions, or she is a caricature of a horrible person.

Weaver on
  • Options
    you got something against sentinels

• Options
    I feel like she just doesn't take the game very seriously and is having a lot of fun playing shepard like a total dick

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    you got something against sentinels

Not at all! But there should be some differentiation between the classes.

• Options
    that's why you drop charge

because with charge it basically plays like every other vanguard

Other Vanguards don't get headbutts.

• Options
    that's why you drop charge

because with charge it basically plays like every other vanguard

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I respecced my kroguard to max everything with no points in carnage at all

It is magnificent

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

I just got five ranks in battlemaster and used the leftover 6 points for carnage

it's handy for the times when it's not really safe or possible (like when enemies are spawning in inaccessible locations and you have to wait for them to jump down) to charge

I don't know. I don't like Carnage on a Vanguard. If I'm going to have deeply situational power on one I'd rather have a consumable like grenades or something that doesn't have such long recharge.

That's why my Kroguard doesn't have carnage.
    Orca wrote: »

Congratulations. You've turned a Vanguard into a Sentinel.

I'm not saying I like it just that Carnage and Charge don't go well together.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Mom Effect wrote:
    Me: So, who do you hate more. Ashley or Miranda?
    Mom: Hmm. Miranda.
    Me: Yeah?
    Mom: Yeah. Ashley was a bitch but at least she fell in line when I told her to. Miranda seems to think she’s in charge which is bullshit.
    hehehe

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Submission net is kinda...ehhhhhh

Points for style

not much substance

It goes well with the Batarian's best ability: punching. Seriously this is a great combo

Also I tried the Scorpion on my Batarian Sentinel.... eh... I wasn't too impressed...

Try it out yourself though see what you think.

In terms of melee I like the Krogan better. There are just too many enemies the net does not actually tie down. And for every enemy you can't freeze, the falcon punch is just ridiculously slow. Krogan tears through everything about 10x faster.

• Options
    Ya know, I think Speed Racer's Mom needs to play Fallout: New Vegas. She can get drunk, kill (almost) anybody, and otherwise be a total sociopath.

And you can definitely be all about the cash in F:NV.

• Options
    Ya know, I think Speed Racer's Mom needs to play Fallout: New Vegas. She can get drunk, kill (almost) anybody, and otherwise be a total sociopath.

And you can definitely be all about the cash in F:NV.
    and it's almost a western

• Options
    Shit, I didn't even consider that. You're right.

• Options
    And she can get the drunk chick companion that becomes stronger if you feed her alcohol

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    So I was playing a bunch of golds last night with some friends. Wave 3 comes on Ghost, one guy drops out. The remaining 3 of us hold it down and manage to get full extraction 7 waves later. Felt reeeeeeally good at that point. A human and a salarian engineer, and a quarian infiltrator are a really good team guys.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i got carnage on my krogan soldier and maxed it at that

but i put zero points in it on my vanguard

because it is pointless

my vanguard doesn't need a long range projectile power because he is a long range projectile power

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I respecced my kroguard to max everything with no points in carnage at all

It is magnificent

this is deffo the way to do it

carnage is really cool, I agree, and I have it maxed on my krogan soldier (which I never play anymore because he's strictly worse than the alternative Krogan classes and strictly worse than the other soldier classes) but naw, no need

non-vanguard Krogans should carry the biggest fuck-off gun they possibly can and fuck cooldowns

• Options
    I think Soldier in general is the new underpowered class after they fixed Sentinel. I don't have the Brogun Soldier though. Why is it worse than the others? I thought he was the best?

• Options
    Because he has to purge his armor to get the melee bonus and the DR isn't as good.

• Options
    I want that

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »

"We call this color: Black to the drawing board"

• Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I think Soldier in general is the new underpowered class after they fixed Sentinel.

it, uh, always has been

even before tech armor's explosive power got tuned up the sentinels were pretty robust
    human sentinels have access to warp and throw, which makes them easy biotic explosion killing machines, and the krogan and turian sentinels have always felt stronger than their soldier counterparts

the problem is, soldiers have weak or gun-based powers because they're supposed to be the gun guys, but the powers they have don't give them enough of a gun advantage over everyone else, and then they're left to rely on shit like concussive shot and proximity mine to distinguish themselves

batarian soldier's done a little to reverse this because ballistic blades is an excellent power, but as it stands there's not much you can do with a soldier that another class can't do better

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    replace those crappy powers with an extra passive that is all about weapon damage

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Or lower the recharge on carnage and replace concussive shot with it on every soldier class.

• Options
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I think Soldier in general is the new underpowered class after they fixed Sentinel.

it, uh, always has been

even before tech armor's explosive power got tuned up the sentinels were pretty robust
    human sentinels have access to warp and throw, which makes them easy biotic explosion killing machines, and the krogan and turian sentinels have always felt stronger than their soldier counterparts

the problem is, soldiers have weak or gun-based powers because they're supposed to be the gun guys, but the powers they have don't give them enough of a gun advantage over everyone else, and then they're left to rely on shit like concussive shot and proximity mine to distinguish themselves

batarian soldier's done a little to reverse this because ballistic blades is an excellent power, but as it stands there's not much you can do with a soldier that another class can't do better

Turian marksman + revenant is actually awesome

Although Turians need a racial buff of some kind

there's a surfeit of cool melee powers, though

oh man

what if they got a jump

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Carnage and the kroso are great

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Speed is either highly embellishing his mother's reactions, or she is a caricature of a horrible person.

i guess it depends on what you mean by "embellishment"

I certainly don't make anything up

but it's also not like I'm posting everything she says because that would be boring

about 50% of the things she says are either just sort of, conversation, or they're bad attempts at being deliberately funny

but no she definitely asked what normandy meant and cut me off by saying "who cares we're in space now"

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I actually did think about trying to do fallout 3/new vegas with her some time after ME3

that would be an interesting experience because I haven't actually played through either of those games

• Options
    Fallout 3 is fun for the exploration and atmosphere.

Its writing is absolutely terrible.

Fallout New Vegas doesn't have the same "5 years after the bomb" feel, but the writing is miles better.

It also isn't quite so annoying with the "these characters are unkillable" thing.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    new vegas is best fallout

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    really the staple feature of the Fallout games has always been "kill bitches, get paid"

what I am saying is you should start with the original Fallout and work your way forward

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    So I went poking around Google to see if there was any interesting news or clarifications out there about the ending DLC. A couple generic articles and whatever.

Then I made the mistake of looking at the comments.

Holy fucking shit. I think I'll just stick to this thread for ME discussion from now on. I need a shower and probably an iq check.

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    yeah it's often best not to look at comments below gaming articles even in your peripheral vision

maybe not quite as bad as youtube comments but still depressing

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options

i guess it depends on what you mean by "embellishment"

I certainly don't make anything up

but it's also not like I'm posting everything she says because that would be boring

about 50% of the things she says are either just sort of, conversation, or they're bad attempts at being deliberately funny

but no she definitely asked what normandy meant and cut me off by saying "who cares we're in space now"

I think she's hilarious and nothing I've read would make me call her anything near a "horrible person"

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    i enjoy mama shepard's playstyle also

it's very consistently renegade and i dig that as it's very different from how i play shepard

i'm so used to doing every sidequest that i don't even consider playing a shepard who simply has no time for other people's crap

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
This discussion has been closed.