As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TRIALS FUSION] MAN! MACHINE! THE FUUUTURE....

15678911»

• Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    mrflippy wrote: »
    What bike are you guys using for the first hard levels? I just unlocked the Pit Viper, so I assumed I was supposed to use that one, but it just doesn't seem to have enough power to make it up the really steep inclines. I switched to the Roach for one, and it just powers up the inclines no problem, but I'm apparently even worse at bunny hopping with it than with the Pit Viper. So, with either one I'm hitting checkpoints 100+ times, which is starting to get annoying.

Generally, you want to use the Roach for Easy and Medium tracks, and the Viper for the Hard and Extreme tracks. You can get through most of the later levels with the Roach, but the Viper offers superior control that is very helpful with some of the trickier obstacles. When it comes to steep inclines, it's a matter of feathering the gas and making sure both wheels are on the ground. For the most part.

• FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, I use Roach for pretty much everything up until you are doing crazy bunny hops and such. I know there is one earlier level where I used the Viper instead of the Roach because the Roach was getting too much speed but I don't remember which one.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Well I slogged through and finally finished the last of the hard levels last night. All of them were incredibly frustrating, but about half were the fun frustrating, and the other half were the not-fun type. Some of the jumps and ramps I just lucked out on getting past. I'm almost afraid to look at the Extreme tracks now. D:

The extreme tracks just seem to end up being luck to even finish them. Some of those jumps are so particular I just can't imagine getting a good metal other than an extremely lucky run.

I hope we get more good TKO Panda tracks, I like driving that thing.

• jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    I hope we get more good TKO Panda tracks, I like driving that thing.

That and some Bicycle-specific tracks would be nice.
    There's Couple of earlier levels that allowed the use of Panda (outside that one region). Have you tried those?

Ww8FAMg.jpg
    The extreme tracks just seem to end up being luck to even finish them. Some of those jumps are so particular I just can't imagine getting a good metal other than an extremely lucky run.

I tried the first extreme track and couldn't even get past the first obstacle.

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Some tips for those of you struggling through the hard tracks. Keep in mind that your bike is rear wheel drive so your goal is to keep the back tire on the ground generating power to move you through the course. If your back tire isn't on the ground, you won't be going forward. If your weight isn't over the back tire, you will end up losing control and spinning out. You have to use the momentum of your rider's body to keep the bike in a position to drive it forward.

You will have to get good at bunny hops. When doing a bunny hop, you need to lean back for a fraction of a second to build up some energy in your bike and then flick forward to spring yourself ahead. Treat your bike like a spring here. Basically, when you compress the rear shocks to their maximum level, thats when you have to flick forward to use as much of that stored energy to propel yourself forward.

When you land on steep ramps, your goal should be to align your bike in the air so that the wheels are parallel to the ramp. Right when you hit the ramp, you should lean forward. When you do this, the momentum of your body leaning forward should mostly cancel the momentum of the bike springing back against the ramp. If done correctly, you will not bounce and you can immediately grip the ramp with your back tire and either continue on with your forward momentum or at least hold your position.

Finally, make sure you aren't just slamming on the gas at all times. You need to finesse the gas, especially on those steep ramps. Trials is basically a platformer, but you need to have an idea of how your actions affect your physical location in the game. Once you figure that out, it's just a matter of being able to put your rider in the correct position or do the correct motions to get him through the course.

quovadis13 wrote: »
    You will have to get good at bunny hops. When doing a bunny hop, you need to lean back for a fraction of a second to build up some energy in your bike and then flick forward to spring yourself ahead. Treat your bike like a spring here. Basically, when you compress the rear shocks to their maximum level, thats when you have to flick forward to use as much of that stored energy to propel yourself forward.

This is what I'm having trouble with. I cannot figure out how in the world these work. No combination of leaning and timing seems to work for me. I know I'm doing something wrong because every once in a while I will accidentally do it correctly.

• jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    Bunny hops are a bitch. I just can't get the hang of them.

• xXheberXxxXheberXx Registered User regular
    Currently working on platinums, and gaining a lot of respect for the track design (timesavers etc). Have basically everything up until Mind the Gap. Kinda skipping FMX right now because I don't even think it belongs in the game and it bores me to death.

I'm not really sure why ubisoft decided to give the Pit Viper trampoline suspsension, but it's really getting old fast. Any thing that requires hopping multiple gaps in rapid succession is an absolute crap shoot.

Inferno IV is like an abusive partner who apologizes to you occasionally with checkpoints; but ultimately is going to beat you unrecognizable and strip you of all dignity and self-respect. After returning for more and more abuse, you learn to avoid pissing it off and only get the occasional black eye here or there.

Yeah, I've found multiple jumps to be something of a crap shoot - those are the largest problem for me really.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    The first Trials DLC is coming out this month.
    10 new tracks

6 classic Trials tracks
    2 new Supercross tracks (local multiplayer)
    One new Skill Game (“Laws of Motion”)
    One new FMX track (“The Gauntlet”)
    $5 for the six tracks I actually care about? No thanks.

Arteen wrote: »
    The first Trials DLC is coming out this month.
    10 new tracks

6 classic Trials tracks
    2 new Supercross tracks (local multiplayer)
    One new Skill Game (“Laws of Motion”)
    One new FMX track (“The Gauntlet”)
    $5 for the six tracks I actually care about? No thanks.

Let's not overlook the fact that "classic Trials" tracks are just remakes (re-skins) of old tracks. This DLC has absolutely minimal effort and original content.

Considering I already own HD and Evo, I probably have made my last Trials purchase.

Trials Fusion is getting online multiplayer... in 2015.

I don't know why they're even bothering. I wanted to jump into multiplayer at launch and was surprised to find it totally absent, but it's not something I'll get back into the game for. Is anyone still playing this?

edited November 2014
    Arteen wrote: »
    Trials Fusion is getting online multiplayer... in 2015.

I don't know why they're even bothering. I wanted to jump into multiplayer at launch and was surprised to find it totally absent, but it's not something I'll get back into the game for. Is anyone still playing this?

That is absolutely ridiculous.

If it's brought to my attention when it finally happens, I may jump back on to play it for an hour or two.. But good grief Redlynx. A whole year after launch.

edit: The article mentions a PC multiplayer beta that is currently live. Might be worth checking out if you've got it.
    edit 2: Closed, invite-only beta it seems. Damn.

Sangheili91 on
    Online Multiplayer is finally here!

Only 10 or so races, but there's 8 players driving simultaneously. Really fun and addictive.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
    jammu wrote: »
    Online Multiplayer is finally here!

Only 10 or so races, but there's 8 players driving simultaneously. Really fun and addictive.

About time!

That was a long time coming. Are there folks actually playing it?

On PS4 there is. Can't say anything about other platforms.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    also the delux edition is 16 bones which means I've finally migrated to the xbone version of fusion (I owned the base game on 360 but no DLC, now I own everything on xbone, muwahahaha)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    The sixth and final DLC is out. The "collect all squirrels" achievement for this pack is quite something.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hey uh

Anyone who was ever interested in Trials, and even people that weren't

You should really read this article

That's crazy.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Damn, that's really awesome and lame at the same time. We'll all be long dead by the time the thing really comes to an end.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    http://majornelson.com/2015/07/13/trials-fusion-the-awesome-max-edition-is-now-available-for-xbox-one/

The new Trials DLC is out. $10. Luckily the Xbox store page has a description, since otherwise I'd have no idea what was actually in this. The E3 trailer wasn't particularly helpful in that respect.
    Welcome to the Awesome Level MAX. I'll be your guide. This DLC pack features 2 themed events: - The Awesome Adventure lets you play as the internet legend unicorn-riding cat in an epic journey that will change the way you see Trials forever. What has been seen cannot be unseen. - RedLynx vs All-Stars is a collection of 22 new tracks, half of them created by RedLynx’s track developers and the other half made by the very best track creators from all around the world, in collaboration with the dev team. This new DLC pack features a total of 30 all-new tracks, 10 Supercross tracks, 30 track challenges, 5 new garage items and more than 130 Editor objects.