As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    i still hate tvp though

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Oo rah

Just stomped a top 8 gold zerg with a FFE on Daybreak

Feelin good!

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    scan zerg because I know he's getting too much gas, scout early baneling nest, defend

oh he changed his mind and just took his third, cool

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/5203650/Additional_Matchmaking_Changes-4_23_2012#blog

Looks like they reverted the reverted changes to matchmaking.

Summary - Matchmaking will be loosened still, so players can play people both above and below their skill. this won't apply to very highly skilled players, who have had their matchmaking tightened to favour competitive matches over quick search times.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    your post was tame compared to some of the stuff i've said.

imagine if I frequented D+D.

Jailed every day, seriously.

I'm not sure which is worse right now, the DnD forums in the political threads, or the SE++ Avatar Thread.

that avatar thread is the worst of SE++ AND the worst of D+D rolled into one shithouse package.

• Options
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/5203650/Additional_Matchmaking_Changes-4_23_2012#blog

Looks like they reverted the reverted changes to matchmaking.

Summary - Matchmaking will be loosened still, so players can play people both above and below their skill. this won't apply to very highly skilled players, who have had their matchmaking tightened to favour competitive matches over quick search times.

I approve of this. It will make laddering more of an adventure

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I played a masters player and a gold player within 2 games of each other last ladder session. Its weird.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    RedOneRedOne Registered User regular
    Ugh. I don't like the matchmaking changes. It's hard to get a grasp of where my MMR is. I finally moved out of playing golds into only plats and then BAM golds again.

so much cheese

journal #4

Real life makes starcrafting hard. lol. Going to just try to be consistent with 3 games each day. Any more cuts into sleeping/homework time. Lost to a 10pool zerg.

He goes 10 pool, then transitions into mutas, which I expected him to do, but despite superior economy, I couldn't keep up with is production. It was bizarre. Ended up losing to his roach/muta push near the end.

I've been experimenting with forgoing hydras in ZvZ in favor of faster infestors, and honestly, I'm not sure if I like it vs Muta play. It kind of feels like Hydras are a necessary evil. It's just SO hard to take your third vs Mutas, though. Any advice?

1495255-1.png?1331518337
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Wolf I hate you so much right now. That is all.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    wow I can't believe I jsut won that game

my main improvement lately is just control. not like stutter step, I guess I mean positioning.

I need to actually start doing a set number of games per day because currently I'm playing and some go well and some don't and I don't watch any of em or really learn that much. it's helpful for mechanics but not for understanding.

I think once school's done I'll implement that. for now I do it to chill out as much as anything but for the summer with no school and only part time work I wanna set myself up to get better (I'm planning a couple of other self-teaching type things too so it'll fall in nicely)

this style from alicia is cirminal

edit - alicia is really not that good

Variable on
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    Wolf I hate you so much right now. That is all.

Stuff like this makes Wolf too adorable to hate.

This toupee' chat was pretty funny.

• Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Stuff like this makes Wolf too adorable to hate.

heh

no

so...can anyone hazard a guess as to why alicia thought the base trade was a good idea? it really seems to me like walking back, taking the structural damage and retaining his lead would have been the easier choice.

edit: well, looks like he's got it anyway

Torgairon on
  • Options
    fucking shit bomber

what a terrible game I don't even care who wins. ugly.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I don't even have words to describe how bad I am at this game anymore. Everything I can think of I've already used multiple times, and even then nothing seems fitting enough. Me being this terrible is actually offensive to every other player, to the makers of the game, to everyone I come into contact with.

http://drop.sc/165996

Somebody tell me how I was supposed to win this game, because I just don't have a clue what to do in this situation. It seems unwinnable. It clearly isn't, I'm just bad, but I just don't see how.

jaziek on
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »
    I don't even have words to describe how bad I am at this game anymore. Everything I can think of I've already used multiple times, and even then nothing seems fitting enough. Me being this terrible is actually offensive to every other player, to the makers of the game, to everyone I come into contact with.

8->

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Banelings should create fungal when they explode

they'll hear you

Oh god YES..... this would be epic. But let the fungal do the same damage per second that baneling juice does.
    Sticky acid!

love the gunnars on incontrol. this will be rad.

out of curiousity...how long did it take you guys to put this together?

Heh.... it's been a challenge. >.<'
    Since we literally started from scratch, it's been a few months.

Many important matters needed to take place first.
    A majority of the time was spent discussing the OP-ness of terran.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    edited April 2012

I understand if you think posting this stuff here is cathartic even if it isn't necessarily rational, but it's mildly insulting that you think your getting to a higher league, and playing at a higher level than I, would offend me. even if you don't think you're diamond (I'm 100% convinced you're diamond, but your ragequits have your elo artificially lowered), plat is still better than a sizable portion of the playerbase and many other people that post in this thread - consequently, having to hear this stuff is annoying for me, and I don't even play anymore.

edit: sorry, I misread your lack of appropriate self-flagellation as lack of innovative builds. it's late, I probably shouldn't be haranguing you when I'm worse at reading comprehension than usual.

Torgairon on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    nice MMMig (and whoever else)
    very cool.

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    Biosys wrote: »

8->

lolol jaziek is so terrible. Lets point and laugh.

I was diamond last season. Nothing has changed, I haven't gotten ill, I haven't stopped practicing, and I haven't suffered any head trauma, but still, I get worse. With every passing day I get worse and worse. I lose to everything. Every possible strategy from every race beats me. I don't understand.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Torgairon wrote: »

I understand if you think posting this stuff here is cathartic even if it isn't necessarily rational, but it's mildly insulting that you think your getting to a higher league, and playing at a higher level than I, would offend me. even if you don't think you're diamond (I'm 100% convinced you're diamond, but your ragequits have your elo artificially lowered), plat is still better than a sizable portion of the playerbase and many other people that post in this thread - consequently, having to hear this stuff is annoying for me, and I don't even play anymore.

more specifically, why do you need to think of anything besides the basics? I highly doubt you need to come up with fancy shit to break into diamond again, I was knocking on that door in 2011 and I barely knew how to do anything besides maek roach and inject. that's not bragging, it's just a simple statement that macro alone was getting me through - I'm sure you can do the same with solid go-to builds, especially if you ditch the ridiculous martyr attitude.

I am only thinking about the basics. But I fail at the most basic aspects of the game. It is woeful.

watch that game I posted and tell me my macro is worse than my opponent. It isn't, but I lose anyway.

I mean, yes, my macro is fucking terrible, but it isn't as bad as the person I'm playing.

jaziek on
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    Jaziek is posting replays because we told him if he's struggling and can't figure out what he's doing wrong, that posting replays was the way to go so that we could help him.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    Jaziek's also being extremely insulting to everyone here who isn't diamond. I'm gold league, I don't like some entitled whiny bitch coming in here to say how shitty and humiliated he feels for playing people my level.

And I dispute his claim that he hasn't suffered any head trauma. He's brain damaged if he thinks anyone in this thread thinks more positively of him than mild amusement at his temper tantrums. Maybe all that smashing his head into the wall that he used to do is what set it off.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I've reviewed my fair share of replays for fellow golds and plats in the past (and would now, if it wasn't 4 AM and I wasn't staring down quite so many patches). my point isn't to dissuade jaziek from posting and asking for help so much as questioning his method of putting the damn replay up, it's like he thinks he has to debase himself before the masters players or something. it does literally nothing for the process besides derail it into 8-> .

you fail less than the majority of ladder players, and ideally you should be failing less as you go on even if that perception of failure isn't negated by the naturally slow progression you're going to see. if you've hit a wall on ladder, it's probably time to start looking for consistent practice partners or simply take a break and come back to it. I have no idea how often you play/whether you grind out ladder games, but to say the least you seem like the type to go on tilt.

edit: look, really, do you like playing this game, jaziek, and feel like it's worth the histrionics? it's perfectly okay if you don't, you sound exactly like me before I stopped playing because I couldn't reconcile how far I was from what I considered to be competent play.

Torgairon on
  • Options
    theSquid wrote: »
    Jaziek's also being extremely insulting to everyone here who isn't diamond. I'm gold league, I don't like some entitled whiny bitch coming in here to say how shitty and humiliated he feels for playing people my level.

And I dispute his claim that he hasn't suffered any head trauma. He's brain damaged if he thinks anyone in this thread thinks more positively of him than mild amusement at his temper tantrums. Maybe all that smashing his head into the wall that he used to do is what set it off.

You think I don't know that it makes me look like a child? I write it down and hit post pretty much to stop myself breaking down in real life and breaking something (including myself)

Its a sorry state of affairs for sure.

And you're right, of course. There's no reason I should expect you or anyone else to give a shit, or to give me or my posts any semblance of respect after all the wank I've posted.

But I just need somebody to vent to, and if I'm sitting alone in my room for most of the day, then that someone usually ends up being random strangers on the internet. I'm sorry.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    We want to help you Jaziek

It's just that your repeated declarations of self loathing are really off putting

You really should just take a good solid break, play some other games, and come back and enjoy the game at your skill level. And don't get all freaky about how you're not diamond anymore and this somehow makes you a worthless person.

I have been in silver for like 3 months and you don't see me all crying about not being in gold and how squid doesn't deserve to be in gold and how he asked out the girl I had a crush on and then I had to go to the prom alone and now squid is more successful than me despite being one of the jocks at school

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Torgairon wrote: »
    I've reviewed my fair share of replays for fellow golds and plats in the past (and would now, if it wasn't 4 AM and I wasn't staring down quite so many patches). my point isn't to dissuade jaziek from posting and asking for help so much as questioning his method of putting the damn replay up, it's like he thinks he has to debase himself before the masters players or something. it does literally nothing for the process besides derail it into 8-> .

you fail less than the majority of ladder players, and ideally you should be failing less as you go on even if that perception of failure isn't negated by the naturally slow progression you're going to see. if you've hit a wall on ladder, it's probably time to start looking for consistent practice partners or simply take a break and come back to it. I have no idea how often you play/whether you grind out ladder games, but to say the least you seem like the type to go on tilt.

edit: look, really, do you like playing this game, jaziek, and feel like it's worth the histrionics? it's perfectly okay if you don't, you sound exactly like me before I stopped playing because I couldn't reconcile how far I was from what I considered to be competent play.

I'm trying the play until 3 losses thing that dhal someone was talking about earlier. Its nice in that it stops me from going on a stupidly massive tilt, but it does mean I end up playing less than 5 games a day most days.

Yes, I really like playing the game. Its probably the most fulfilling online game I've played. But you're right, I can't be happy with the gap between my play and "good" play, but that doesn't make me want to quit, it makes me want to get good. I'm not gonna stop because I'm terrible. Thats what I do with everything else, but this is one of the easiest things to get good at in the world. Its a videogame for fucks sake. I'm not trying to be a musical virtuoso, or understand the finer points of quantum mechanics, I'm trying to play starcraft at a competent level.

jaziek on
  • Options
    i said play a set number of games per day, it was another dude who said play until X losses

i think a set number of games is better for improvement

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »

You think I don't know that it makes me look like a child? I write it down and hit post pretty much to stop myself breaking down in real life and breaking something (including myself)

Its a sorry state of affairs for sure.

And you're right, of course. There's no reason I should expect you or anyone else to give a shit, or to give me or my posts any semblance of respect after all the wank I've posted.

But I just need somebody to vent to, and if I'm sitting alone in my room for most of the day, then that someone usually ends up being random strangers on the internet. I'm sorry.

It's a videogame, bro.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    i dont think its so unusual to get very angry at a competitive 1v1 videogame

• Options
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    We want to help you Jaziek

It's just that your repeated declarations of self loathing are really off putting

You really should just take a good solid break, play some other games, and come back and enjoy the game at your skill level. And don't get all freaky about how you're not diamond anymore and this somehow makes you a worthless person.

I have been in silver for like 3 months and you don't see me all crying about not being in gold and how squid doesn't deserve to be in gold and how he asked out the girl I had a crush on and then I had to go to the prom alone and now squid is more successful than me despite being one of the jocks at school

I have been in plat for 7 months. That is what is bad. Not the fact that plat in and of itself is particularly bad, everyone played at every standard once. Its the fact that I've been practicing for well over half a year, and am still at exactly the same standard.

• Options
    well, at least you're not wolf jaziek, take heart!

really, I had to cut off the post-game just because of his insane awkwardness

• Options
    jaziek come over to NA when you have the ability to get an account and we'll tee up a time for a 1 on 1 lesson

• Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    You're allowed to vent/whine about your own gameplay as much as you want. It doesn't matter if you're lower level than the person whining-- he wasn't talking about anyone in particular, so stop acting like he is talking about how bad _you_ are. Let him vent, that's all he is doing. I find it entertaining.

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    jaziek come over to NA when you have the ability to get an account and we'll tee up a time for a 1 on 1 lesson

I've never seen Dhal this desparate to help someone since JoeK a year ago. ^_^

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    i've done lessons with tons of people

i like helping people out but its hard to do so in general terms

• Options
    It wont let me pay for an NA account using a non NA card ... I think. Anybody have any experience with this?

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It wont let me pay for an NA account using a non NA card ... I think. Anybody have any experience with this?

i don't remember having any problems with this, unless you have some sort of crazy uk specific card thing (i just used a normal lloyds tsb (visa) debit card)

maybe try making a new b.net account and have the default region/address be set to na?

edit: there are other places you could buy a download code from if it still doesn't work, can't remember where right now T.T

Biosys on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Paypal works for D3, might work for SC2.

815165 on
  • Options

i don't remember having any problems with this, unless you have some sort of crazy uk specific card thing (i just used a normal lloyds tsb (visa) debit card)

maybe try making a new b.net account and have the default region/address be set to na?

edit: there are other places you could buy a download code from if it still doesn't work, can't remember where right now T.T

hmm, yeah I'm trying to use visa debit. It just says payment failed and I should contact support to complete it.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

hmm, yeah I'm trying to use visa debit. It just says payment failed and I should contact support to complete it.

jaziek, do you have a paypal account? I'll buy the damn thing for your account, and you can paypal me the money.

This discussion has been closed.