As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I just feel that it's pretty scary to square off against Terran bio with ghosts/medivacs in the later game without storm to even the playing field (and because it's so cost effective)

EDIT: Has anyone been watching the WCS stuff?

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Go to the NBN Co website, there are a few different rollout pages and one of them should include pdf's of the plan up to June 2015.

It seems to be getting most of the major population centres by then, including my little hometown, although hilariously not Squid's suburb in Western Sydney (poor bastard)

I know, I am excited too!

The rollout plan lists suburbs where work is due to commence, not complete. Approximate service availability date is 1yr from commencement of works, so by end of 2016 most of the places on that rollout plan should have it. Less than 50% of Perth is on the plan.

That's not that big a problem for me, of course, because I plan to move house to the first suburb with active services that's in-budget.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I wanted to play tonight and I knew gsl would make me want to play more but I've got such a headache/stiffneck I haaaaaate this feeling.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    A year to complete huh? Hmm, well I guess I should have it within 2 years, IF it goes according to schedule.

Not that I have any serious use for it; my net needs are mostly met already. It will be nice to get steam games quickly though, and watch stuff in 720p without any buffering.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I understand why indecisiveness is bad but I hate it as a criticism in this situation. this is fucking DEATH in tvt. it's the worst... marines in your main, tanks on the low ground. you have to think for a second sometimes you know? polt almost decisively lost his entire army and then thought better of it and dealt with things the right way.

edit - polt finally playing nicely.

Variable on
  • Options
    KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    Saaruto wrote: »
    I just feel that it's pretty scary to square off against Terran bio with ghosts/medivacs in the later game without storm to even the playing field (and because it's so cost effective)

EDIT: Has anyone been watching the WCS stuff?

Why wouldn't you get storm? The tech enables crazy good aoe, archons, chargelots and forces terran to deal with it as well as any collosus you may have built

• Options
    edited May 2012
    he got all those other things, he just didn't research storm before the attack

he had like 20 chargelots, 3 archons, 3/3... he just didn't actually have storm.

and he completely destroyed the terran. I'm not saying he shouldn't get it period but he didn't need it and I assume the gas went elsewhere. I guess something in that comp managed to even the playing field :P

Variable on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    A year to complete huh? Hmm, well I guess I should have it within 2 years, IF it goes according to schedule.

Not that I have any serious use for it; my net needs are mostly met already. It will be nice to get steam games quickly though, and watch stuff in 720p without any buffering.

For those with decent ADSL2 connections already (>=10mbps), the main gain for NBN fibre connections is multitasking. You can stream a music video off Youtube in the background while having all four MLG streams running muted in the background so you can check on the score, and still play SC2 with no extra latency or slowdown. No single task on the internet benefits from much more than 10mbps, outside of torrenting. For those already on 100mbps Telstra cable, the main gain will be upload speeds.

The real gain outside of that though, is ubiquity. No longer will you have to examine copper line lengths carefully before buying a property, or check HFC cable availability. Fibre will be available equally in every metro area and most significant regional centres.

• Options
    I hardly ever got storm when I played Protoss. At least, I didn't get it as part of a planned strategy, it was just something I got during the lategame. And I controlled my templar very poorly when I did get it. Never split them, or hotkeyed them separately.

Playing Terran has cured me of a lot of bad army control habits I had as Protoss.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I wish more terrans would play fucking mech tvt. it IS hard but I need to learn some more about it.

OH SHIT that engage by sound jesus.

edit - that was great. I got all sad and started doubting polt and then he played fantastically.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    sting tell me you saw that make another bunker goddamn it

edit - nice, good

Variable on
  • Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    God this music is killing me

EDIT: Killer GODDAMN THIS IS BALLSY
    EDIT2: Nice.

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    gsl was earlier than i thought so i missed 4 matches instead of two T.T

Biosys on
  • Options
    you missed 3 matches, boxer forfeited

4 more coming up at the regular time

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Had a very interesting game just now. Went 3OC against FFE, so the guy took no Gasses and went for a 12 Gate Zealot/Probe all-in. It didn't work very well because I thought he was 7 or 8 Gating and had Bunkers up, but it was very surprising.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    he scouted the 3 OC?

what a strange but scary response.

• Options
    He ran 2 Zealots in to scout when I only had like 8 Marines out.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/esports/#

esports section on the b.net site now, italy wcs finals about to start, only players I recognise are cloud and i think i've seen zym at a tourny before

Biosys on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Will there be an english caster?

Yilias on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Yilias wrote: »
    Will there be an english caster?

it appears not T.T

ach well, gsl starting in 20 anyway

they seem to have a dj doing the break music, which is p. cool

Biosys on
  • Options
    This is the most prolonged single battle I've ever seen.

• Options
    I feel like z was a little overly timid but I also think he's gonna pull this out so I don't want to criticize by any means

been a damn great game either way

• Options
    What a shame after such a good first game.

• Options
    Lol, 57 drones killed.

• Options
    just tuned back in

57 drones killed

T.T

• Options
    that was really brilliant by keen

like, that's a good build but it's really meant to punish a fast third. so he created a situation where golden pretty much has to take a fast third. superb.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    God damn Keen.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    wow

• Options
    wolf just god damn murdering metaphors

those poor metaphors never stood a chance

• Options
    Variable wrote: »

like, that's a good build but it's really meant to punish a fast third. so he created a situation where golden pretty much has to take a fast third. superb.

i didn't see the beginning, did he just send a really early scv?

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

i didn't see the beginning, did he just send a really early scv?

yeah, very early, had an engi bay at like 99% at the nat

• Options
    If you're asking what happened, he went E-Bay block into CC First.

If you're asking what he did, I wasn't paying enough attention. But I can tell you that if you 12 scout on a 2 player map the SCV gets there just in time to 14 E-Bay. If he wanted a 12 E-Bay he would have had to leave at 10.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I think he left earlier than that. had time to scout the main and then build I believe. and that's an enormous map.

then yeah cc first into reactor hellion/cloaked banshee.

Variable on
  • Options
    He should have sent the south roaches into the main.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I think he left earlier than that. had time to scout the main and then build I believe. and that's an enormous map.

then yeah cc first into reactor hellion/cloaked banshee.

terran

• Options
    man

zvp

just

ugh

• Options
    leaving the hive that late, and saccing the roaches too early lost that game. I have no idea why the hive was so late, it had to be a mistake.

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    I don't usually care about caster mishaps or silliness, but True could not possibly have been in a better position to hold and they're announcing his defeat -_-

• Options
    edited May 2012
    TannerMS wrote: »
    I don't usually care about caster mishaps or silliness, but True could not possibly have been in a better position to hold and they're announcing his defeat -_-

ayup

f yo allins

Biosys on
  • Options
    One direction?!

GSL music guy is really branching out, huh.

This discussion has been closed.