As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Thread

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Vern wrote:
    There is one line [in Snakes on a Plane] that gets alot of emphasis, the line you already know, and honestly this part made me embarrassed for Sam Jackson, for movie fans, for the internet, and for white people. If you haven’t heard, at the climax of the movie Sam Jackson says, “That’s it! I have HAD IT with these motherfucking SNAKES on this motherfucking PLANE!” If I’m not mistaken that was a line that somebody in a talkback insisted had to be in the movie. Whoever first said it, the filmatists added it in reshoots because “the fans demanded it.” And that shit bugs me.

Because that is not a natural Sam Jackson badass line. That’s a white guy on the internet making up what he thinks Sam Jackson would say. I mean, obviously I enjoy the word motherfucker. I bet I use it more than any other writer on the films of cinema. Maltin, Shalit, Medved – none of these clowns come close to me on frequency or power when it comes to the use of motherfucker. But even those guys could tell you that you don’t use “motherfucking” twice in one sentence. I mean come on, it doesn’t even sound right.
    http://outlawvern.com/2006/08/21/snakes-on-a-plane/

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    tldr

poo
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    nevermind I don't even know who that is or what the spirit of that article is. guy sounds retarded.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    is vern a white guy too

fucking vern

poo
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    nevermind I don't even know who that is or what the spirit of that article is. guy sounds retarded.
    judging by the font and color scheme of the article

possibly

i ain't readin' that shit

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC24fo30x9w

I'm going to be so, so sad when I catch up with everyone else on this.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    so tiiiiired

goodnight

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    FULL NELSON

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    FULL NELSON

WHY DID YOU NEVER TELL ME?!

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Sarksus, have you thought of a name for our illustrious guild?

I might just use Forum Discordia during the beta and then we can come up with something better for launch.

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

I might just use Forum Discordia during the beta and then we can come up with something better for launch.

Did you see my suggestion of "Ad Hominem"? It's Latin, it's appropriate for us, and it was the name of the first D&D guild in WoW, so it has history.

• Options
    DBZ Abridged is one of the best thingies

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC24fo30x9w

I'm going to be so, so sad when I catch up with everyone else on this.

You'll be happy when you get to the most recent episode, 29.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

Did you see my suggestion of "Ad Hominem"? It's Latin, it's appropriate for us, and it was the name of the first D&D guild in WoW, so it has history.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten. That works too, especially considering how many attacks at the man we are going to be making.

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    "Cosmic ray particles with even higher energies have since been observed. Among them was the Oh-My-God particle observed on the evening of 15 October 1991 over Dugway Proving Ground, Utah. Its observation was a shock to astrophysicists, who estimated its energy to be approximately 3×1020 eV (50 J)—in other words, a subatomic particle with kinetic energy equal to that of a baseball (5 ounces or 142 grams) traveling at about 100 kilometers per hour (60 mph). It was most probably a proton traveling at about (1 − 5×10^−24) metres per second slower than the speed of light (approximately 0.9999999999999999999999951c), so close that in a year-long race between light and the particle, the particle would fall behind only 46 nanometers (5×10^−24 light-years), or 0.15 femtoseconds (1.5×10^−16 s)."

Physics is bad ass.

• Options
    I'm on 12 now.

Though I'm kind of glad I missed big chunks of the actual show now. Meanwhile rad is intent on rewatching all of it on Netflix once they have the missing seasons on there too.

• Options
    Also when can I try this Guild Wars thing?

• Options
    Shit is happening in Avatar. The next episode is an hour special!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Also when can I try this Guild Wars thing?

The only way to get into the beta at this point is to buy the game. Signups closed awhile ago. They might have an open beta closer to release but they haven't said anything about one.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular

You and a few other people got me to try this show.

Shit will go down if it sucks.

yGxvf.png
  • Options

You and a few other people got me to try this show.

Shit will go down if it sucks.

if you think it sucks, shit will go down

i will fucking kill you

poo
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i'm watching shame

this is a movie, alright

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Pottermore sorted me into Slytherin!

• Options
    You can't say it sucks until you finish the first season.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    "Cosmic ray particles with even higher energies have since been observed. Among them was the Oh-My-God particle observed on the evening of 15 October 1991 over Dugway Proving Ground, Utah. Its observation was a shock to astrophysicists, who estimated its energy to be approximately 3×1020 eV (50 J)—in other words, a subatomic particle with kinetic energy equal to that of a baseball (5 ounces or 142 grams) traveling at about 100 kilometers per hour (60 mph). It was most probably a proton traveling at about (1 − 5×10^−24) metres per second slower than the speed of light (approximately 0.9999999999999999999999951c), so close that in a year-long race between light and the particle, the particle would fall behind only 46 nanometers (5×10^−24 light-years), or 0.15 femtoseconds (1.5×10^−16 s)."

Physics is bad ass.

that is totally fucking sweet

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    msmya wrote: »
    Pottermore sorted me into Slytherin!
    makes sense

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Variable wrote: »

@Variable

vern is kind of cool

it's a persona. some anonymous dude on the internet who reviews movies really hyperbolically while posing as like, some blue-collar semi-literate dude who watches nothing but chuck norris and steven seagal movies.

but he does put in some legitimate critique, as well. it's kind of half criticism and half comedy act, and in that respect he's kind of a forerunner to Plinkett.

• Options

At which point a person can't reliably say it sucks.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    God I love Aaron

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

At which point a person can't reliably say it sucks.

I don't know man, I watched all of Heroes and Nip/Tuck and I think I can say pretty reliably that they suck monkey ovaries.

Disco Terrier on
    yGxvf.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Would anyone like to meet Mike Rotch?

I'm doing free introductions to Mike Rotch if anyone is interested.

He's a hard man to get in touch with, but I can help you reach him.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I got the audiobook of Diamond Age to listen to while working out. The book is pretty good so far but it's too early to pass judgement. The narrator though, holy shit she is outstanding. She does RP, cut fucking glass aristocratic RP, general American, New York, Texas, Florida, Nebraska and various other non-English accents. All of them are perfect.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    poking is flirting like drinking capfuls of coconut rum that you found in the basement is drinking

• Options
    poking is flirting like drinking capfuls of coconut rum that you found in the basement is drinking

You have penetrated the truth. I think you've really touched on something here.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

This Mr. Rotch fellow is intriguing. Tell me more of him.

• Options
    God I love Aaron

Aaron Spelling is dead.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    after every capful you loudly exclaim to your fellow tweens how drunk you are

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I got the audiobook of Diamond Age to listen to while working out. The book is pretty good so far but it's too early to pass judgement. The narrator though, holy shit she is outstanding. She does RP, cut fucking glass aristocratic RP, general American, New York, Texas, Florida, Nebraska and various other non-English accents. All of them are perfect.

Depending on the delivery, there are parts of the book that will be heartwrenching to hear them like that, instead of just reading them.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Physics is bad ass.

That is... quite a speed.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Drez wrote: »

This Mr. Rotch fellow is intriguing. Tell me more of him.

Mike Rotch is a really big guy. A little tall and a bit thick but he's a real spelunker.

Drez on
This discussion has been closed.