As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Skinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (it's a school thread)

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    how do i find internships anyway?

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    first off, get to know your faculty & develop good relationships with your professors. go to book & publishing-themed events, like fairs and festivals and such, and actively look for people who are in publishing. they're sometimes advertised through school career resources - schedule a meeting with counselors to find out about resources available to you. & there's always job posting sites, which often advertise internships (but the idea is to hear about them through the grapevine to improve your chances.)

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I'm going to complain bout a teacher

I got a 7/25 on a test question when my answer was actually correct! The TA who graded it didn't understand what exactly I meant but when I showed it to my teacher he was like,"oh okay I see what you meant here I'll give this a look over and get back to you."

this was on March 16th. I've talked to him almost every day after class since and he's given me a bullshit response about just how OH SO BUSY he's been

when it'd take literally 10 minutes tops to go over this and give me some points back

but hey at least teacher evaluations are online now

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    you should let them know teacher evaluations are available now

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    yeah i should take classes on... that

registration seems a lot earlier this year

... You're at Manoa, right? Fuck. Assholes still haven't gotten back to me-- gonna call and complain tomorrow but I'm also going to add whatever classes I can for the fall semester at UHMC, just to cover bases. Somehow I didn't think that the registration dates were system wide (opened April 9th for me).

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    yeah i'm at manoa
    my registration opens on the 26th

which isn't too bad because i don't need any general classes anymore i think

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Man prospero is kind of a dick to caliban

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    he's a dick in general

but especially to caliban

• Options
    also i thought that paper was pretty good
    gimme an A teacher

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    I'm no longer afraid of talking about school

So hello thread

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    also i thought that paper was pretty good
    gimme an A teacher

"this essay will prove that prospero was kind of a dick to caliban

point one: caliban is basically a native american

point two: everyone was super racist back then

therefore, prospero was kind of a dick to caliban"

- A with all the plusses

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    gotta write on Hamlet this semester

three years majoring in literature and drama, somehow never got around to reading Hamlet

• Options
    i read hamlet in high school
    I liked it

my paper had to do with comparing caliban and grendel and commenting on society's evolution of tolerance (or lack thereof, I said) of otherness

it felt so good writing about books after writing a stupid poli sci paper proposal which was so ugh

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Way too early to be awake

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Man, the already shitty quality of my writing has taken a nosedive this semester, so I'm even more worried about how terrible my 15-page semester-capping history paper will turn out. Just finished another history paper that takes its damn sweet time slowly meandering towards something resembling a thesis and then ends rather abruptly.

Although as a verbose motherfucker, I am not too worried about hitting the minimum page requirement.

Let's hear it for system grade inflation in our universities!

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I'm supposed to summarize a text about the metaphysics of self and the possibility of its survival post-bodily expiration.

In three to five pages.

My professor is a dick.

Five pages in nowhere near enough room.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I'm supposed to summarize a text about the metaphysics of self and the possibility of its survival post-bodily expiration.

In three to five pages.

My professor is a dick.

Five pages in nowhere near enough room.

here, I've written it for you. You may want to clean up the language a little:
    "lol no lmao"

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    hth

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    moved to a different lab to work on this paper after lunch.

Dude on the computer next to me looking at hentai

send help

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    give him a shoulder rub

• Options
    CRAWDOG WHY

I don't know what to do.

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So it looks like I have two guaranteed As (Linux and Brit Lit) and one guaranteed B (Business Systems). Hardware/Software is an almost definite A, but there's still a couple of grades left to be done in that class so I don't know 100% for certain.

I just found out that the 89.52 I have in Brit Lit only represents about 55% of the final grade. The final essay is 25%, and the final exam is 20%. I got a 98 on the midterm, and got As on both of the previous essays, so this is basically a lock.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    short, easy paper due tuesday

book report due wednesday...still gotta read the book. i can do this!

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    putting off going in early to get work done

it is finals week

my final finals

fuck it I have a little time, maybe I'll play the new tribes for a bit

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    putting off going in early to get work done

it is finals week

my final finals

fuck it I have a little time, maybe I'll play the new tribes for a bit

You gonna be around this coming weekend dude?

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    my political science teacher doesn't understand pronouns

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Today was the last day of classes. I found out that I am probably going to be able to swing a B in the class I was afraid I might fail. As long as I don't fuck up on the final.

And my aunt got accepted into Cornell today!

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    should i write a five page paper about Prince or Queen

and I mean the musical artist and the band, respectively

i honestly can't decide i love them both so much

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    Today has been

Really difficult

• Options
    My long distance girlfriend, whose university I'm moving to in the fall, told me today that she wants to take a communication break until she returns for the summer.

Now I feel like a nervous wreck, been fighting off crying all day

Blugh

• Options
    MAN UP, LITTLE BABY

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    A communication break?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    how could that possibly be a healthy thing for your relationship

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    I don't know. It's all really confusing and I feel like Wiley coyote in the moments between running off of the cliff, and realizing that he's about to fall a thousand feet.

• Options
    On the other hand, it's only like 2 weeks, but, I really don't feel so great right now

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Not saying exacerbate it, but that sounds legit rough. We are here to commiserate!

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'd talk to Viv, she seems to have a handle on long-distance relationships & such.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    re: the liberal arts degree at the top of the page

working in the student services office it is infuriating to see parents and such be so dismissive of arts degrees and liberal arts degrees

no, they aren't like other degrees where going to school for physical therapy means you get a job as a physical therapist. it isn't cut and dry like that!

but that doesn't mean the only possible job available is as a teacher you jackass

• Options
    Vann, just let us bare this burden upon our backs.

This discussion has been closed.