Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Legend of Korra: PANIC!!!! Episode 4 Is Uploaded!!!!

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    oh you're struck by the irony of it

0BnD8l3.gif
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    I'm struck by the irony of this all of a sudden

there was a time when I would have argued that Sato was an idiot for investing in the fire ferrets at all, and they should have worked for it all themselves because bootstraps

chillaxton.jpg
    and I broke parole just to get to you
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    the entire point of sato's speech is that it's not enough to just be talented and hard-working, you also sometimes need luck and/or help from other people

taken in context the story about the loan is anything but super pro-capitalism or whatever you wanna call it

speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Anyway
    Spoiler:

episode 4
    Spoiler:

0BnD8l3.gif
  • BucketmanBucketman Dyslexic Puppy Skraggle RockRegistered User regular
    Oh please.

If it were just about intent to profit then the mysterious benefactor wouldn't have made a substantial loan to a kid that in all likelyhood would never be able to pay him back because his idea is a pipe-dream.

Accepting that kind of risk is generous.

Anyway
    Spoiler:

Honestly? I think we are all getting the same thing because
    Spoiler:

NeoToma wrote: »
    Is it a frog? A little dinosaur? Also he has the good sense to stay on all four legs. Look at those other two, standing on their hind legs, putting on airs. Do you think you're people? Pfft. Bulbasaur is the working man's Pokemon. Bulbasaur is blue jeans and big dreams. Bulbasaur is Bruce Springsten. Bulbasaur is America.
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer I'm Speed Racer and I drive real fast. I drive real fast, I'm gonna last.Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Oh please.

If it were just about intent to profit then the mysterious benefactor wouldn't have made a substantial loan to a kid that in all likelyhood would never be able to pay him back because his idea is a pipe-dream.

Anyway
    Spoiler:

...except the idea was demonstrably not a pipe-dream

that's only obvious in hindsight

speedsig2_zps388d2098.jpg
    Oh please.

Anyway
    Spoiler:

...except the idea was demonstrably not a pipe-dream

chillaxton.jpg
  • The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I don't think Hiroshi is investing in the Fire Ferrets at all. I think he's just helping out his daughter's new boyfriend at her behest because he has more money than God and 30k yuans is probably pocket change.

I am interested to see whether the Satos are running some ulterior motives, as Asami certainly needs to pick up a flaw or two, or a darker side, if she wants to be a truly compelling character. The rest of the group's not crazy enough for her to make it just by being the straight man.

The_Tuninator on
    the entire point of sato's speech is that it's not enough to just be talented and hard-working, you also sometimes need luck and/or help from other people

taken in context the story about the loan is anything but super pro-capitalism or whatever you wanna call it

potentially.

which, again, is why I said "I'm not sure how I feel about Sato" and not "Sato is a dick."

chillaxton.jpg
    I don't think Hiroshi is investing in the Fire Ferrets at all. I think he's just helping out his daughter's new boyfriend at her behest because he has more money than God and 30k yuans is probably pocket change.

I am interested to see whether the Satos are running some ulterior motives, as Asami certainly needs to pick up a flaw or two, or a darker side, if she wants to be a truly compelling character. The rest of the group's not crazy enough for her to make it just by being the straight man.

oh yeah, there's definitely more going on here.

chillaxton.jpg
    edited April 2012

oh yeah, there's definitely more going on here.

An idea I saw floated for giving the character a darker side, which I like, is that
    Spoiler:

The_Tuninator on
    I'm struck by the irony of this all of a sudden

there was a time when I would have argued that Sato was an idiot for investing in the fire ferrets at all, and they should have worked for it all themselves because bootstraps

where's @Callius

he'd get a kick out of this

chillaxton.jpg
  • TankHammerTankHammer Extreme Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    Nobody in the Avatar universe has been as 1-dimensional as the Satos are at the moment. That's all I'm saying. We're used to dealing with more complex characters so two overly-friendly and helpful (and may I say they have impeccable timing as well) seem like they will probably be revealed to have more going-on.
    Spoiler:

4icmw.jpg TankHammer | 2zivq6q.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Dyslexic Puppy Skraggle RockRegistered User regular
    Nobody in the Avatar universe has been as 1-dimensional as the Satos are at the moment. That's all I'm saying. We're used to dealing with more complex characters so two overly-friendly and helpful (and may I say they have impeccable timing as well) seem like they will probably be revealed to have more going-on.
    Spoiler:

In any universe, not just this one

NeoToma wrote: »
    Is it a frog? A little dinosaur? Also he has the good sense to stay on all four legs. Look at those other two, standing on their hind legs, putting on airs. Do you think you're people? Pfft. Bulbasaur is the working man's Pokemon. Bulbasaur is blue jeans and big dreams. Bulbasaur is Bruce Springsten. Bulbasaur is America.
  • GoatmonGoatmon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    This episode was so good, you guys.

The show is just so consistently awesome that It keeps feeling too short. It just speeds by in what feels like a few minutes. The pacing is flawless.

So
    Spoiler:

Goatmon on
    aik7511.jpg
    Goatmon wrote: »

The show is just so consistently awesome that It keeps feeling too short. It just speeds by in what feels like a few minutes. The pacing is flawless.

So
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

chillaxton.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular

So
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

edited April 2012
    Antimatter wrote: »

So
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Shorty on
    chillaxton.jpg

So
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

aik7511.jpg
    Also, in regards to the new gal
    Spoiler:

aik7511.jpg
  • SiracSirac Registered User regular
    ...okay. Okay. Going off in a new direction here, but this idea popped into my head a few hours after the show and now it won't go away.

I can't stop thinking that Korra may have just pulled a remarkably epic feat of retroactive foreshadowing/symbolism that may, depending on how the season goes, wind up working on two levels. And I would be desperately curious to find out if Bryke did in fact actually plan this, because I would be really, really impressed if they have actually planned it out this deeply.
    Spoiler:

• NarbusNarbus Registered User regular

So
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Ok so why...
    Spoiler:

edited April 2012
    Sirac wrote: »
    ...okay. Okay. Going off in a new direction here, but this idea popped into my head a few hours after the show and now it won't go away.

I can't stop thinking that Korra may have just pulled a remarkably epic feat of retroactive foreshadowing/symbolism that may, depending on how the season goes, wind up working on two levels. And I would be desperately curious to find out if Bryke did in fact actually plan this, because I would be really, really impressed if they have actually planned it out this deeply.
    Spoiler:

That's actually an interesting idea.
    Spoiler:

Goatmon on
    aik7511.jpg
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    Aang was more spiritual before he could talk than korra is, probably explains it

XBLIVE: Biggestoverride
    League of Legends: override367
    edited April 2012
    Narbus wrote: »

So
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Ok so why...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Goatmon on
    aik7511.jpg
  • SiracSirac Registered User regular
    That's actually an interesting idea.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Also, in regards to the new gal
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

@nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Hmm
    Spoiler:

I think ulterior motives are possible, maybe likely, but not absolutely required

“Hic non defectus est, sed cattus minxit desuper nocte quadam. Confundatur pessimus cattus qui minxit super librum istum in nocte Daventrie, et consimiliter omnes alii propter illum. Et cavendum valde ne permittantur libri aperti per noctem ubi cattie venire possunt.”
    Site | The Miami Grindstone | Twitter | Dropbox | Picture by Galen Dara
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    So what I'm hearing here

Is that the 4th episode still isn't out?

SAD. FACE.

Quire.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Quoth wrote: »
    Hmm
    Spoiler:

I think ulterior motives are possible, maybe likely, but not absolutely required

Also
    Spoiler:

• UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I love this show now.

I just watched Episode 3.

So good.

• TankHammerTankHammer Extreme Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hiroshi Sato
    Spoiler:

TankHammer on
    4icmw.jpg TankHammer | 2zivq6q.jpg
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Asami
    Spoiler:

Sorce on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

So
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    Great episode
    Spoiler:

newsigtrimmed.jpg
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Hiroshi Sato
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    no such thing as a charitable loan what kind of bullshit is that

newsigtrimmed.jpg
  • AzkoraiAzkorai Hi :3 Registered User regular
    Regarding Eps 4. Loan
    Spoiler:

League of Legends: Azkorai
    Diablo 3: Azkorai#1675
    steam_sig.png
  • AvrahamAvraham white men holding kittens dot tumblr dot comRegistered User regular
    A loan can be a lucky break for the recipient even if it's just cold business for the investor

tumblr_mw0i6gT4l61qgwizbo1_250.png :bz :bz
    edited April 2012
    Hiroshi Sato
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Sirac wrote: »

Spoiler:

What I find really hilarious about Korra borrowing the scarf is that Korra then used it to whiplash a 300-pound dude into a steam vent.

The_Tuninator on
This discussion has been closed.